need help from true sellers

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

coldascrystal
Throttlebot

need help from true sellers

Post by coldascrystal »

hi i have an interesting problem. 2 years ago i found an old movie i was looking for for years on ebay. i has seen the same movie selling on another site for hundreds. It turns out that the movie, which has some historical significacts, is only lisenced for sale in another country. so i figured i would take a gamble and buy 6 of them it cost $ 80 i listed 2 them when i got them 1 for 50 and 1 for $100 they both sold in less than a week. as i was apparently the only person on the planet to figure this out, i was able to sell out and reorder 4 times. and i was the only one list that movie for sale for the past 2 years. They sell slowly but they sell at an insane profit.

Now a new twist has happened the lisence for the item in the other country has expired and my supplier has only 5 copies left and wants $25 for each (used to be $15 each and u buy 5 you get 1 free) the thing that has me unsure is that if a US company now has the lisence i could just be wasting money as, by the time i get them, the uneditied versions (dvds i get are heavily edited no swearing at all) could be announced making these worthless on the other hand if not these are even more rare now so uping to price to $200-$300 isn't out of the question but as i mentioned it's a runoff between when these sell and a us company makes them

also these are so rare that the site i sell on doesnt even have a listing for them i have been selling them under the vhs movie i only had 1 dispute about not as described and amazon never took the money back. but if i am going to sell them for $200 or more do you think i should make the listing? it costs like $36 to make a new one. i was worried that if i made it before, some one else would find the dvds and undercut me. now that they aren't availible anymore and the seller doesnt list them on here anymore the odds are alot slimmer.

suggestions?