USPS First Class International shipping - Jan 27 2013

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

trance
Site Admin

USPS First Class International shipping - Jan 27 2013

Post by trance »

For those who don't know, USPS raised the price of shipping first class international packages from the US by 50% across the board. The cheapest a 1 oz package can go anywhere (Canada, UK, Australia, anywhere) is $6.55:

http://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2 ... ml/kit.htm

"The pricing structure for FCPIS will be more simplified in that there will be one price of $6.55 for 1- to 2-ounces to anywhere in the world"

TFL is actively searching for alternative options to keep shipping costs to our international customers low.

I know there are a lot of international fans here on the forum and I'd be interested in hearing your feedback. Have you noticed the increase in your recent searches? Have you run across any alternatives?
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

A very unfortunate price increase, indeed. :(

When I bought items in the US and had them shipped to where I was living in Sweden, USPS was (to my knowledge) always the cheapest option.
However, shipping items within Sweden was sometimes cheaper with DHL or Schenker, so when I learned about the price hike, I looked into these companies. Unfortunately it seems to be a lot more expensive to ship items internationally with these two (and their locations seem to be quite scarce here in the US), so my guess is that despite the price increase, USPS is still the cheapest. :/
There might be other options that I have overlooked, though.