Guess what, bitches.

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Guess what, bitches.

Post by Time Traveller »

Yes, it is actually TT. No one has hacked my account. This is not a drill. I have been told that someone wanted to disrupt my eternal forum slumber. Whoever you are, I do expect you to fess up. Do not fear, however, my time away has not gone to waste. In my absence, I have:

-Gotten a haircut and gotten a real job.

-Completed US Generation 1, 100%. No missing accessories.

-Brought Minerva to the United States and married her.

-Been operating TFL-North, selling non-Transformers in the menu at the top of this page.

-Demanded to be spared this mockery of justice.

-Killed a man just to watch him die.

-Maybe not that last one.

Any questions?
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

:lol:
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Re: Guess what, bitches.

Post by Dirge »

Time Traveller wrote:Yes, it is actually TT. No one has hacked my account. This is not a drill. I have been told that someone wanted to disrupt my eternal forum slumber. Whoever you are, I do expect you to fess up. Do not fear, however, my time away has not gone to waste. In my absence, I have:

-Been operating TFL-North, selling non-Transformers in the menu at the top of this page.

Any questions?
Yeah I have one!!!!!!

GUILTY OR INNOCENT? :lol:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Definitely guilty.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Re: Guess what, bitches.

Post by Galvatron »

Time Traveller wrote: Gotten a haircut and gotten a real job
Did you listen to the song while you had these happen?
Where do you work now?
Time Traveller wrote: Completed US Generation 1, 100%. No missing accessories
Jealous!!!
Time Traveller wrote: Brought Minerva to the United States and married her.
Congradulations to the both of you
Time Traveller wrote: Killed a man just to watch him die.
Did you do it in Reno?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

1. No.
2. EDT- Enzymatic Deinking Technologies. I'm still working in paper mills, but now I work in many different mills, EDT sells them chemicals.
3. 23 years, buddy. You don't want to know how much I had to spend on Trypticon's electro-scrambler, the last part I needed.
4. Thank you! Now you know why I haven't been on the forum :wink:
5. No. I did it in [redacted by witness protection program]. I knew if I did it in Reno, I'd wind up in Folsom Prison.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Time Traveller wrote: 2. EDT- Enzymatic Deinking Technologies. I'm still working in paper mills, but now I work in many different mills, EDT sells them chemicals.
Chemicals ey? Hmmmmm..... Can you make me some chlorophome?
Time Traveller wrote:3. 23 years, buddy. You don't want to know how much I had to spend on Trypticon's electro-scrambler, the last part I needed.
Yeah the price for those are insane! I got a repro.
Time Traveller wrote:4. Thank you! Now you know why I haven't been on the forum :wink:
You know that calls for a GIGGITY!!!!!!!!
Time Traveller wrote:5. No. I did it in [redacted by witness protection program]. I knew if I did it in Reno, I'd wind up in Folsom Prison.
I hear they play good concerts there in Folsom. Well.. I know of one concert back in 1968.
Time Traveller wrote:I have been told that someone wanted to disrupt my eternal forum slumber. Whoever you are, I do expect you to fess up.
Perhaps it is I that you speak of. I recently asked (your better half) for your hiding locations.
Google Earth has been very helpful for me to find my arch enemies.
:twisted:
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Time Traveller wrote:Yes, it is actually TT. I Brought Minerva to the United States and married her.
CONGRATULATRONS! You know, i assumed Minerva would have told us if anything bad happened to you, TT, but getting her here and married to her sounds like kind of the opposite of anything bad happened to you. Min, how could you keep mute about news like that? Congrats to you both, and the best of wishes for the future! ("Wishes"? What am i talking about? Time Traveller's already seen how the future turns out.) Welcome back, TT!
Time Traveller wrote:In my absence, I have:

Any questions?
So, does a Time Traveller list things in chronological order, or in order of importance? ;-) Congratulations on the paper mill job and the TFL job.
Galvatron wrote:
Time Traveller wrote: Gotten a haircut and gotten a real job
Did you listen to the song while you had these happen?
What song? [singing] "And the sign said long-haired freaky people need not apply..." [/singing]
...Was the haircut because of the job or because of Minerva? ;-)
Galvatron wrote:
Time Traveller wrote: Completed US Generation 1, 100%. No missing accessories
Jealous!!!
Yeah, same here. [furtively digging a tunnel under TT's place of residence, blissfully unaware that it was only TT's place of residence at a different point in the timeline and the current resident owns several large, hungry dogs]
Time Traveller wrote:In my absence, I have:

Any questions?
Yeah, um, about that man you killed? just to watch him die? So, his name is Brakkas Garlon, and he's kind of important... i know it didn't look like him, but he was some kind of cop or something, so i figure he must have been undercover... Anyway, if you could do that time travelling thing you do and bring him back, that'd be great. Thanks.

And once again, welcome back, and many congratulations!
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

1. Non-toxic chemicals that modify cellulose. Nothing else.
2. I had to demonstrate my determination by going with the real one. I very much prefer real originals to fake ones ;)
3. Yes, I just wanted to make sure you were the REAL Galvatron. No doubt now!
4. Google earth only shows you the surface. You'll never notice my unassuming entrance to the secret underground complex! Plus, I have a special coating to deflect ground penetrating radar. Hah!
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Time Traveller wrote:I have a special coating to deflect ground penetrating radar. Hah!
Dam that aluminum foil!!!!! l

+ there is only ONE Galvatron. I don't think this place could handle two.
Any imposters will be terminated with no haste.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Galvatron wrote:there is only ONE Galvatron. I don't think this place could handle two.
Any imposters will be terminated with no haste.
Hey, check this out! ...No rush. ;-)
Last edited by Rhymus on Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

perhaps I should partner up with TT to travel to these various times and destroy the imposter Galvatrons.

Galvatron units?
Never heard that phrase before. I only know of 1 Galvatron "unit"
GIGGITY
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Galvatron wrote:perhaps I should partner up with TT to travel to these various times and destroy the imposter Galvatrons.
Don't do it, TT! He's trying to trick you into revealing the location of your underground base! That way he can take you out and you can't stop him from becoming The One! (No, not that The One, that's the wrong Matrix!)
Galvatron wrote:Galvatron units?
Never heard that phrase before. I only know of 1 Galvatron "unit"
GIGGITY
Did you know that G1 Galvatron has a seldom-used pistol mode? It's true. In one of the Marvel comics he's even shown in that mode, even if all he's doing is riding around inside Cyclonus's cockpit. Anyhoo, the reason i'm bringing all of this up is, i just wanted to say one thing about your Galvatron unit. To quote Elaine from "Seinfeld"... "It shrinks?" ;-)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Congratulations on the job and being a newlywed! 8) Wish you the best of luck! Completing the US G1 run was quite a feat as well! :) Maybe we can see some collection photos someday soon? Anyways, welcome back!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Galvatron- I may take you up on that, on one condition. We destroy the WHOLE Shattered glass universe when we get there.

Roadbuster- I'm trying to figure out how to recreate that G1 picture on the TFL frontpage, but I don't have custom-built shelving. Or shelving of any kind with capacity enough for all of G1. My closest guess is to set up a tripod, use my current shelves, and then photoshop them together in a panorama. I'm open to ideas!

STARS- To answer your questions,

1. The big three items are in order of increasing importance, the rest are in no particular order.

2. You know what song. Not the one you quoted.

3. The haircut was just a routine haircut, really, i hadn't been wearing my hair longer or anything.

4. It wasn't Brakkas. I talked to Brakkas and Blackjack like three days ago, they're fine.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Time Traveller wrote:Galvatron- I may take you up on that, on one condition. We destroy the WHOLE Shattered glass universe when we get there.
I actually put some thought into this senario. In order for me to terminate all other Galvatron's I would have to stop Megatron from getting himself repainted all the time.
Rhymus wrote:"It shrinks?"[/url] ;-)
The water was COLD!!!! lmao!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Oooh, I like how you think. Perhaps we could stop MORE repaints! Nemesis Prime, "Menasor", "White Prime" Ultra Magnuses, the entirety of Universe 1.0, Skywarp....
Lock and load. Let's do this.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

let's start by going to the Armada Universe and move on from there.
I got my bags packed and weapons loaded.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Good times!
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Galvatron wrote:
Rhymus wrote:"It shrinks?" ;-)
The water was COLD!!!! lmao!
Careful, Galvatron! If your unit shrinks and you just laughed your aft off, pretty soon you'll waist away and have to get a job as Bumblebee's understudy!
Time Traveller wrote:It wasn't Brakkas. I talked to Brakkas and Blackjack like three days ago, they're fine.
My mistake. The latest intelligence i've been authorized to see/disclose indicates it was actually an extra-Terrestrial Elvis impersonator disguised as Brakkas Garlon undercover.
Time Traveller wrote:You know what song. Not the one you quoted.
i admit that i deliberately quoted a different song as a joke, but honestly, i don't recognize the song you referenced. If Galvatron hadn't said anything, i wouldn't have even suspected it was a line from a song.
Time Traveller wrote:Roadbuster- I'm trying to figure out how to recreate that G1 picture on the TFL frontpage, but I don't have custom-built shelving. Or shelving of any kind with capacity enough for all of G1. My closest guess is to set up a tripod, use my current shelves, and then photoshop them together in a panorama. I'm open to ideas!
For photographing, perhaps a temporary outdoor diorama? on blankets or tablecloths or something if you're as worried as i am about keeping them clean. Also, if not posed as if in one epic battle (stop motion photography of everybody transforming! ;-) ) how about arranged by color? and then the picture could accompany TFL's "identify your figure" function... [not sure if i'm kidding or not]
Time Traveller wrote:Galvatron- I may take you up on that, on one condition. We destroy the WHOLE Shattered glass universe when we get there.
Whoa, hey, wait a minute--what's wrong with SG? i quite like the concept (somewhat similar to a fanfic i've been planning for ages), and i think a lot of the choices they make for redecos and repurposing are very clever (vaguely similar to a different fanfic i've been working on almost as long).

Are you just opposed to redecos? i actually wish Hasbro/TakaraTomy would make more redecos (preferably as new characters rather than "supercharged" "upgrades" of whoever the mold started out as), although i would want a fair number of new molds mixed in, too. i like the way G1 had Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp all available at the same time (they didn't stop selling Starscream when they started selling Thundercracker, then stop selling Thundercracker and start selling Skywarp)--kind of like army-builders, but individualized army-builders, if that makes sense. i also like the idea of molds coming in lots of different colors for easier kitbashing of fan characters/generics/NPCs. Not that i actually do any kitbashing, but i like the idea. As far as the fiction goes, it just makes sense to me that a species of robots would have a lot of different designs (each created to fulfill a certain function, and many modified by the individual to suit the individual's personal tastes, with perhaps more or fewer modifications as required by commanding officers), but they would also take advantage of the existing designs when creating new robots.

That said, it bugs me when a TF figure is designed for one TF series, but the redeco is considered a character in a different TF series with a significantly different aesthetic. (The major offender that comes to mind is Unicron Trilogy figures redecoed/repurposed into the live-action movie continuity. i don't really care for the look of the movie characters, but my ability to suspend disbelief is strained by the inclusion of additional characters who are designed so differently.)