Farewell Ol' Friend

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Dirge. Has a screen name ever been more appropriate?

We'll miss you, Seeker.

i feel like i only knew Dirge as the character from Transformerland's role-playing game, and he contributed plenty of wacky fun there, but i feel like i missed out, not knowing her outside the RP. i didn't ask about the... how shall we say... "his and hers" photos s/he posted in the "Pretender shells" thread because i didn't want to be rude; i never realized she was trans. A REAL TransFan, you might say. Someone who perhaps could have said more truly than the rest of us, "I am transformed!" i think i would have liked to discuss gender identity with him/her/it, get someone's first-hand perspective on the subject, both in the context of Transformers and in the context of flesh creatures.

Transformers is one of my favorite forms of escapism. Seeing death here--real death, the kind you don't come back from when Primus or the Matrix or Hasbro intervenes--is unsettling.

i think about Optimus Prime saying, "Soon, I shall be one with the Matrix." But there is no Matrix. And the AllSpark doesn't exist either.

Does anyone know what (if anything) Dirge believed about the afterlife?

What about what Dirge's partner believes?

What about what Dirge's sister believed?

i hope they and the people who care about them all find what they are seeking.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Rhymus wrote:Does anyone know what (if anything) Dirge believed about the afterlife?

What about what Dirge's partner believes?

What about what Dirge's sister believed?

i hope they and the people who care about them all find what they are seeking.
Dirge's partner (Kim) is still alive, I talk to her pretty regularly since Dirge passed away. Don't know about her faith, though, sorry. I can ask for you though?

Dirge's sister I didn't know at all. Only from the few times Dirge spoke of her. Sorry :(, I know she was a good person with a good heart and that's good enough for me to think she's in the company of angels.

And Dirge wasn't the most spiritually committed person, but neither am I. I do know Dirge had faith and a church he/she liked to go to. He/She was a good person that never had any ill intentions for anyone, even those that done him/her wrong they could easily be forgiven in Dirges optics. I'm almost certain Dirge is in the company of angels as well. Not a day goes by that I don't think about that crazy conehead. :cry:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I talked to dirge about religion and faith. she wasn't a hard core bible pushing religious person but she believed in a higher power. dirge always said we shall all be as one with the great matrix in the sky when the time comes
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

well this is sad news :( much love too all family and friends X

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Wow. As soon as I make it back here, to see this topic really upsets me. I was looking forward to getting back in touch with Derrick. We used to have some really fun conversations. i'll miss you bud :(
R.I.P. Menasor
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Ok.. this is messed up. Ever since day 1, I have had my suspicions about Dirge's death. So myself and some others did some research. We found out that Dirge has had some resent activity on Ebay.

Then the real shocker comes from a mysterious member that joined my website. That posted a link to Dirge's facebook page.

This is what the mysterious person posted on my site...

https://www.facebook.com/Dirge1

If you have known Dirge, you won't believe your eyes.
I'm glad to know HE'S alive. Just a bit upset that HE faked HIS death.
I would like to know the reason why.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

WOW. Okay, if this is real and hes still alive, then thats fine. But to upset people by faking your own death, just to pop up later. Not cool. I would like to know if its real. One of my best friends passed away a few months ago, but his page is only still up for people to post their memories they had with him.
R.I.P. Menasor
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

:x

The worst of it is, that this is the kind of stuff that leaves you being very wary about other people on the internet. Now how I can tell what's real and what's not?
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

the last time i looked in the mirror I appeared to be real.
Big shiny and purple with some greyish metal. a huge orange cannon on my right arm... i'm as real as it gets.

In the world of the internet, anybody can be who or whatever they want to be.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

What got me to thinking was the active Ebay account where it appears Dirge is still collecting Britains. Very expensive sets at that.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... ackAsBuyer
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Yup that pretty much summed it up for me to Roadbuster. But when someone shown me his facebook, my jaw dropped.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Galvatron wrote:the last time i looked in the mirror I appeared to be real.
Big shiny and purple with some greyish metal. a huge orange cannon on my right arm... i'm as real as it gets.

Your sense of humor is always authentic, pal! :D
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

just got off msn with Dirge. He came clean and confessed everything.
He probably won't be stopping by any forums. He knows what he did was wrong and he don't expcet forgivness from anybody. But he is in fact alive and well. I'm relieved enough just from that alone.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Thanks for letting us know, Galvatron.
I'm glad he's okay, but I don't understand why he chose to do this.
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

Jose, you will have to use your own wits and better judgement on who to trust and who not to.

I just gave my bit of a speech on my forum where he was also an admin and because of how low this was I banned him along with his email and IP. I personally never want to speak or see him ever again. I can't believe he would do something so low and he lead all the people who called him friend on cause he was never a real friend. How could a real friend do this?

Anyways I can say I still enjoy the friends I do have and dirge has not made me want to loose any trust in them. He is just one more **** in the world to check off to staying away from.
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Steeljaw
Throttlebot

Post by Steeljaw »

Last edited by Steeljaw on Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

I don't know how go feel about it all. I know trust has been lost with him. I have told him I will not choose sides but the way he has taken a step away is wrong. I am hardly online to post much anymore but I tell people when the real world is busy. All my close friends know where and how to get me at times. Usually through galvy lol

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Personally, I'm just glad to see he's still alive. Yes, I know what he did was wrong and I can see others being hurt by it. To me, it doesn't matter why he did it. I'm not hurt by his actions, I'm just more glad to see he's still alive. Whether he chooses to come out in public or not, I cannot find it in my heart to be mad or hold grudges or use harsh words.

Whether you know me or not, I'm a very forgiving person and I don't hold grudges or get mad. If relationships are torn, I will try to mend them. I will be there for people to say what they want. If you want to get something off your chest, I will listen. I will not judge.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

What about Dirge's sister? What about Dirge's partner?

As for Dirge, i'm trying not to make any judgments without knowing why he/she/it did it, and if Dirge doesn't want to explain why he/she/it did it, i'll try not to pry into whatever Dirge doesn't want to share--but if Dirge does want to share, i'll try to keep an open mind. Or, if Dirge doesn't want to come back--"If you love someone, set them free," right? And if Dirge does want to come back, well, we'll see how that whole "try not to pry" and "open mind" thing goes.

i hope Dirge reads this thread and learns from it: i hope Dirge learns what he/she/it meant to some of us. i hope Dirge learns that what he/she/it did was not harmless--not to him/her/it, and not to the people who knew him/her/it. i hope Dirge learns that some people are willing to forgive what he/she/it did, and some people are not, and i hope Dirge learns whether what he/she/it did was worth that price. And if Dirge is sorry, i hope he/she/it learns to accept forgiveness and return to those who offer it.

i could stand to learn some of those lessons myself, i suppose. Maybe Dirge and i aren't the only ones.
Galvatron wrote:In the world of the internet, anybody can be who or whatever they want to be.
Even dead, i guess.
Galvatron wrote:the last time i looked in the mirror I appeared to be real.

What is "real"? How do you define "real"? --The Matrix
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)