Where is the ol' gang?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Where is the ol' gang?

Post by Galvatron »

I'm looking for members that have been around between 2003 -2007.
Where you all at? The forums were insane back in those days.
I've been posting and lurking here for almost 10 years now.
Where's the ol' crew I used to hang with?
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Sadly this site has been pretty dead for about a year now. Sometimes no one comments for days on here.
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I think I joined up in '08. But you know where to find me, though. :lol:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I poke *giggity* in and lurk more than I post. I just don't have much to say. I am way too much of a G1er to comment on other lines and series. I am too close minded.

I use to be all about buying up any and all I can afford for my collection. Now I am much more selective as money is not as free flowing as it was years ago.
F18Starscream
Powermaster

Post by F18Starscream »

I joined up back in '09. I admit, I don't come on here as I did when I first signed up. I am a G1 fan for life!! But I like certain lines and get some of them when I can. Like most of you, the lousy sucky economy has struck our household just as bad as anyone else. So I very seldom buy something Transformers related anymore.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

well you all know where to find me. If not, there is a link on my sig
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

I'm still kicking around, the site has become pretty popular as far as buying/selling goes so it's been a struggle keeping up with orders and emails and listings and sorting and whatnot. But it ebbs and flows. That plus i now have 2 wee ones (those we used to call minicons). If we can find the right person to lighten up our load, I'd be free to post more and do reviews and such, but it doesn't seem at the moment anyhow that anyone who knows anything about transformers (how to transform, match up parts, take dec pix, etc.) lives within driving distance of Gainesville.

I recall hearing that CM was thinking of returning, anyone know what happened with that? I think forum activity dropped off a lot when he left (obviously). Anyhow I'll be around, the need for good friends doesn't dry up as we get older :)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

trance wrote: If we can find the right person to lighten up our load, I'd be free to post more and do reviews and such, but it doesn't seem at the moment anyhow that anyone who knows anything about transformers (how to transform, match up parts, take dec pix, etc.) lives within driving distance of Gainesville.
Just mail everything to me. :wink: I'd be more than willing to help "lighten the load." :lol:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Hi Matt!
That would be neat if CM got back online
Last edited by Galvatron on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

That pesky 'ol life gets in the way, but just as long as you keep Barry White warm in your magic speakers, it'll be all a-ok. :wink:
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

Ill play along...I'm going to post, the lazy way to see when I joined...
Living in Sunny? SoCal. So much has changed for me. Left Italy in jun2011. Arrived in San Diego in SEP 2011. Deployed to the far east on October. Back now for over a year.A new addiction has arisen in my blood. Another blast from my past. Freestyle BMX bikes. I went from none to 9 very fast. I had an '88 Haro sport that was stolen from me. I now have a '87 Hutch Exel. '87 Haro FSX, Unknown year(BC I haven't looked) Cycle Pro, '90 GT performer, '93 Dyno Compe, an older Haro mountain bike, A new mongoose, and a new Tony Hawk 24" BMX bike, and a frame only '87 Haro Group 1. I bike to work almost every day and since coming back from deployment I have lost about 40 pounds. I have come to realize that I have a very addictive personality. The transformers are still bought with a fair degree of frequency, alarmingly enough. Hope you are all well.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Hello Roar and Computron
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Hi Roar, Computron! Good to see you around. :)

Yes, I'm still around too, but I'm pretty sure you've already noticed that. :P
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I am also still around, mostly reading than posting. My life has changed a bit, especially when it comes to finances, and Transformers are not on the top of priorities - they are too expensive to just go and get what I'm missing. However I often keep an eye on here just to see if everything is ok. I don't see much debate I can weigh in, actually. But I can finally say - I'm here for anybody who needs it.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

you definatly are the "to go to guy" when it comes to repaints and rare TFs
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm here
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

This old timer has been very busy these days! I am a full-time history and government professor. I teach all the dual credit or concurrent high school classes. I am driving 4 days a week visiting schools. I have 9 schools I visit. 4 one week and the other 5 the next week. I also teach 4 sections every Tuesday at a branch of the college.

I do not have a lot time for a lot of things these days. I miss not posting on here. Hope all you other "old-timers" are doing well.

Take care! "Until All Are One."
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Jose

Post by Jose »

Welcome back, Lance!

@sideways - I'm afraid I don't know your real name, but it's also nice to read you again.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I don't think many know my real name to be honest. I've been busy with work and school. Still collecting TF's, just not the degree I used to. Nothing out there interests me anymore. I stopped pretty much after I got Bruticus. $15 can go so much more in other places I've learned. I don't have all the money or space in the world to keep this habit going. I know I won't sell any of them, but I won't buy more at this point.
Jose

Post by Jose »

Sideways wrote:I don't think many know my real name to be honest. I've been busy with work and school. Still collecting TF's, just not the degree I used to. Nothing out there interests me anymore. I stopped pretty much after I got Bruticus. $15 can go so much more in other places I've learned. I don't have all the money or space in the world to keep this habit going. I know I won't sell any of them, but I won't buy more at this point.
Things come and go back and forth, but people sticks...
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl