Trransformers for Tots

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

WildCard Zen
Noob

Trransformers for Tots

Post by WildCard Zen »

I couldn't think of a better subject for a first time post.

I'm throwing a gauntlet down in the forums I frequent, and I've been nosing around in this one for months without posting - but this one needs to be said in as many as I can visit.

I visited some of our local USMC Toys for Tots drop sites, and what I saw in there made my stomach churn. If there was anything in them at all, most of it was really cheap and crappy dollar store toys.

Now I'm sure there's a lot of us that think needy kids can't be choosy. But I really don't know what's worse - seeing this crud under a tree waiting for a unfortunate kid, or watching Marine Corp officers carry crappy toys. These kids need hope, not junk. And our boys in uniform deserve to have some good stuff to carry to these kids.

So here's my gauntlet on the ground. I've challenged my buddies on Star Wars forums to load the boxes with Star Wars toys. I want to see if the gang on here wants to spread the word and start burying Clone Troopers with a horde of Decepticons at their local drop sites.

Helping the US Marine Corps help kids have a Christmas, and spreading our love of Transformers with it. It's a win-win-WIN! What do ya say, guys?
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I think that it's a great idea! Will pick something out next week!

-edit-

For all those participating - you can drop off your unwrapped toy(s) at any Walgreens by December 16th, 2013.

-double edit-

I have a Generations Voyager Blitzwing to be dropped off at Walgreens. Is anyone else participating???
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

We are running out of time.

We are coming to the last days that various locations are accepting donations for this year. Reach out to your local Walgreens, Babies R Us, & Toys R Us to verify a drop location this year. And, visit http://www.toysfortots.org to find other possible drop points this holiday season. Most locations will stop accepting donations around the 15th of this month (I've seen some as late as the 18th). That's less than 3 days left!!!

Let's show these kids a great Christmas!
WildCard Zen
Noob

Post by WildCard Zen »

Thanks, Countdown! Not many realize that these donations have to be collected a week before Christmas so the Marine Corp can sort out what they have and distribute it in time for Christmas.

I found 2 nice TF Prime Beast Hunter Shockwave and Optimus Prime into the drop bins at our local Burke's Outlet (Collecting chainwide.)
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Sounds like a good idea :)
We'll make a run there today on the way to the PO with the kidos!