Get it off your Chest Plate

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Get it off your Chest Plate

Post by Commander Megatron »

Had a crap day or need Help with something non TF related? Then post it up here and let your fellow tfland family menbers give you Their 2 shanix Worth. Also you can just let everyone know how you are. It dont have ton be bad news it can be good.
So get it of your chest plate!
Commander Megatron

Get it off your chest plate

I will start. I am fine sorry I ain't been about much this week but Kaon has been getting redecorated this week and couldn't get near the computer. How is everyone else? I hop all are well!!
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

good to have you back (even tho I met you for energon consuption, what 3 days ago?)
Life goes on, I would complain but no one listens, well no one but Arcee that is ;)
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

You know this shoudl of been started in a General Chat at bottom.
Commander Megatron

Oops, sorry, can anyone move it to the appropriate Place?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

tscha. *SHAZZAM*
Commander Megatron

thanks

Thanks TT.
Commander Megatron

As I look around the old posts I wish that I should have found this site a lot sooner! All the talk of the old toys and the hype about the movie, the new unicron figure(when it was new) I missed all that and I am Disappointed that i did. I would have enjoyed it very much and would know all you guys a bit more, 'cept Rodimus I know him inside out. Oh well not much I can do now.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

It's never too late to catch on. I also have spent too much time quiet and I have a lot of research on old figures I want to explain in detail.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Commander Megatron

Then explain it! What sort of research? If there is anything I can do to help just ask.
Jose

Post by Jose »

As I'm only interested on the Transformers up to 1985 - all those with a "pre-Transformer" behind"-, I have a very narrow area of knowledge about them. However, to keep things interesting, I also like to dig for variations. You may have heard of the purple Shockwave and the gray "Radioshack" as well. That's noticeable from far distance easily, and that's what I call a major variation. Other variations aren't that easy to spot and may require even a magnifying glass to notice. Not that close, but Brawn has two face types. There you go, another variation. Variations come up for multiple reasons - safety requirements, market research, fragility, production costs, etc. - and they can be sometimes very hard to come by. I'm still at many figures away to complete 1985 - and I'm only missing Laserbeak to complete 1984 -, but then it's going to be when the thrill starts.

Long story short, I have been recording those differences as I see them (I can't afford to have them all), in my or any other's collection. My goal is to produce a decent guide about Transformers. Then you will now if you, when buying a red cross Ratchet, are getting or not the real deal. In Transformers isn't (yet) so important, but in my other field (diecast cars), the word fake is a major thing to look at. When a slight modification on the cast means a USD800 difference, to have the ability and knowledge to tell the genuine from the alteration is a must.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Commander Megatron

I remember I had an Ultra Magnus that had rubber wheels and my friend got one shortly after and his was plastic wheeled,variant to save money?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

yes, they stopped painting the face silver too, as well as plasticizing a lot of the metal too.
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

I never understood why they saw the need for the "variant" red Bumblebee and Yellow Cliffjumper and then that BumbleJumper thing....wtf was that? lol. he never truly existed if I recall correctly.
Jose

Post by Jose »

The crossed colors for Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, and Bumblejumper as well, are because they were Microchange leftovers. Remember, those existed before someone had the idea of making a TV show about them.

In the Netherlands it was available a blue Cliffjumper - a must have! In Brazil, Argentina and Peru they made their own Transformers, but they only had the early minicars and jumpstarters. So there are many colors of those... In Mexico, they also issued their own Transformers, but they had many more castings. However, they added some of their creativity to them and you can find a winged Sludge. Or a "policia" Prowl (one of the most known Mexican TFs).

You also must check the original colors for Ultra Magnus and Perceptor, much better in my opinion than their TF counterparts - blue cab for the first, all black the second.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Commander Megatron

God I didn't realise all that! Transformers really was a worldwide Phenomenon. Long live the Transformers legend!!
Jose

Post by Jose »

In some countries their popularity was higher than others. Here they are very popular, but no, we didn't have any regional special issues.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Commander Megatron

We just had the stupid multi colored bumblebee and Cliffjumper!
Jose

Post by Jose »

Treasure them - I personally love to have the same casting with many different colors!
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Commander Megatron

I dont have any toys at all just the hard heroes!!