Something around here has changed...

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Something around here has changed...

Post by Countdown »

Well looks like the forums have ported over. Haven't use phbBB in a while. Looks like its infested with either spambots, or small children in a factory in China posting topics in a foreign language about buying something in a foreign language...

And, lets not forget about the sexual propositions that are being made... Hello spam bots.
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Re: Something around here has changed...

Post by LD2062 »

Yeah. I'm very thrown by the change. ITs the first time I've been on phpbb.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Doesn't quite have the same feeling... Guess I am so use to the old one. I hope Trance and the powers to be do something about the color scheme. Just seems off, maybe there's a way to bridge it with TFL's store side so that it seems to blend better, and not be a separate entity.

Still though, I am excited for the change. I hope this helps TFL branch out to get more business.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Indeed it has changed. As you can see from the spambots, we have had some break-ins due to our old forum code. We are now upgraded to phpBB3, in its most current version.
We are hoping this new version will shore up this part of the site from a security standpoint, and also open up the new technologies not available in our... *ahem*... vintage version of phpBB (yes, you were using phpBB back then.)
In the near future, you will see the forum wrapped by our new site design, which you can admire from any other part of the site. Our webmaster has been super-busy re-coding almost every corner of the site. I'll be posting an announcement shortly about this specific change, and inviting anyone familiar with re-graphic-izing the forum to contribute their expertise, as the webmaster is swamped with matters more urgent than the forum look.
Thanks in advance for your patience guys. I hope to use this as a springboard to re-invigorate the forum, so as always, I'm open to suggestions!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

So at last, the forum is working again. I even thought I got banned! But as for the software, TFL was a rare place which was still running Phpbb 2. I am not upset because of the upgrade, it has to be for good. However, probably there are some better skins which may look alike the old board.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

If you were to have banned you must have been on Santa's naughty list... Tsk Tsk... (just kidding!)
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Hey guys, yeah, we'll get things back to the normal look and feel, sorry for dropping the forum without notice, we're moving things around, trying to make things more secure, and then the christmas thing got in the way :)
I'm tinkering with it a bit now as we speak ;)
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

The forum has finally come back online! I like the new look. Spambots should be easy to take care of, you can install some captcha plugins to keep them from registering. When I ran Autobot Iacon for a while, I had the same issues. Be glad to lend a hand if ever needed.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

I was pretty surprised by the changes in the forum too, but everything looks really nice! You've even got some new bells and whistles, and it seems even more user friendly. I know you guys must've worked really hard on it! :D
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Roar wrote:I was pretty surprised by the changes in the forum too, but everything looks really nice! You've even got some new bells and whistles, and it seems even more user friendly. I know you guys must've worked really hard on it! :D

Who is 'you guys'? It was all MEEEEE!!!
With just a tiny bit of help from TT and Minerva, and a whiny guy we'll call 'Rob' <G>
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

trance wrote:
Roar wrote:I was pretty surprised by the changes in the forum too, but everything looks really nice! You've even got some new bells and whistles, and it seems even more user friendly. I know you guys must've worked really hard on it! :D

Who is 'you guys'? It was all MEEEEE!!!
With just a tiny bit of help from TT and Minerva, and a whiny guy we'll call 'Rob' <G>
OH! Now we see the truth! :wink: Well, no matter who did what, it's still pretty boss!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

In other words, Rob dragged Trance kicking and screaming into the modern age :lol:
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Time Traveller wrote:In other words, Rob dragged Trance kicking and screaming into the modern age :lol:
Did I not do all the css work for the new header?
Geez, little respect for the boss, eh?