suggestions

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

suggestions

Post by Jose »

Is it possible to create a "flea market" thread? I don't want to offend anyone, but I'm getting tired of the phishing and non phishing discussions about "I have this or that for sale", etc.

Also... I know eBay already and I'm sure everyone here knows it too. So why not, if someone wants to attract more people to his/er auction pays for outlining the listing? I do my homework and check all auction sites for myself when I want to shop for Transformers.

if you guys consider this unappropiate, pull the trigger. I know there are honest people who don't want anymore to bear a unused toy at home, but it's the greedyness of others what I don't care for.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

I agree, let them pay for it or get the hell out of Helex!
Jose

Post by Jose »

I have just noticed the filter for the well known auction site. I like to call it "ePrey", some call it "Evil-Bay", but my favorite has to be OFAS (Our Favorite Auction Site - coined at other forum I visit).
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

I have a suggestion.

Another forum I have visited has a 'History' section. Basically at the end of each year one of the senior members does a summary of what happened that year as a locked topic. It's kind of cool for people that have been around since the beginning & for new people to see the history of the place before they joined.

I'd be interested in reading about when/why/how TFL came into being.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Well, when a man has a hobby that he loves very much, and wants to spend his life with... ;) :P
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

LOL! Good answer.
Jose

Post by Jose »

Delita-1 wrote:I have a suggestion.

Another forum I have visited has a 'History' section. Basically at the end of each year one of the senior members does a summary of what happened that year as a locked topic. It's kind of cool for people that have been around since the beginning & for new people to see the history of the place before they joined.

I'd be interested in reading about when/why/how TFL came into being.
I can't tell the story about the whole life of the site, but I can speak about what I have lived here, which is not little, since I am the third person who joined the forum. It got started in the beginning of 2003 (the site is older than that, I discovered it in 2001), after the archive 2.0. It was sort of difficult to make any kind of conversation, since we were very few (one of those who posted the most was KMMA, but he left after 30 or so posts). Al was there too. A good while passed before Ben arrived, and then things started to change. There were also Megaprime, Savanna, Anallein and Shanti, who started to make things move (I spent a long time absent when I departed to Germany in 2004).

There's lot of people who joined and left. Maybe the one who surprises me the most by no longer being with us is Savanna. It's quite hard to keep contact with people met through the internet, if you don't complement it with contact in the real world.

I will be able to tell more as I am remembering... :?
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I remember all them peeps.
Anallein was kind of annoying.
Commander Megatron

I have a fairly good idea whay happened to Savanna. :roll:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I remember Savanna
Kmma
& Shanti
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

kmma was gone by the time i got here. aanallein was actaully someone i knew IRL before coming here. He came back to our hometown to tell our group of friends why we all suck and how he was disowning us. I personally haven't heard from him since, but my buddy luke visited him this summer. conversation was forced, but aanallein has been back and forth between fargo, ND, and canada, doing things for a month and then quitting. He's apparently engaged to a dutch gal he met on a forum called 'world of schat'.
:?

this whole history thing isn't a bad idea.
Commander Megatron

Then tell it like it is TT!!