Music

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Delita-1

Music

Post by Delita-1 »

What kind of music do you listen to? Please don't just say "Oh I like everything." If I looked in your CD player, or on your iPod, or on your illegal downloads from Limewire :lol: , what would I find?

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Infected Mushroom & Sarah McLachlan remixes. At home it's mostly VNV Nation & some other stuff that's on OP's iPod.
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

As sad I as I to admit this, but I recently just "aquired" Ridin' dirty by Chamillionaire (please don't mock me, I don't like rap normally, but the tune to this just got me hooked.)

I also d/led recently a j-pop song called Evolution by Ayumi Hamasaki.

I know you said not to say it, but I really do like a lil of everything, the only thing I have a hard time listening to is country. My playlist has everything from Adaigo for strings to Korn and everything in between.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Yeah, I like a little of everything too. I just figured it would be a pretty boring thread if that's all everyone said. :P
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Right now most of what I play is dance/house stuff. But again, I like a lot of other genres. You'll find a long list of Dropkick Murphy's songs on my mp3 player (for anyone who knows who they are).
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

I have Jimi Hendrix in my CD player now,I listen to about everything but country.
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

delita knows all to well I'm the last person on earth who would tell you "Oh, I like everything". I'm a little too specific on music. Here's a few good ones...

1. VNV Nation - The music I waited my whole life to find. Ronan Harris is a musical genius.

2. Infected Mushroom - tripped out trance

3. Bruderschaft - They only have 1 song; It's a long story, but Ronan Harris sings the lyrics. "Forever" is the song. All the remixes are awesome too.

4. NIN - No, I'm not a goth or whatever, just have always liked the music.

5. Front Line Assembly - More of what I listened to in High-School, but I got a little tired of the break-beats. Very Industrial.

6. Astral Projection - Another trippy trance group. "Flying into a Star": best trance song ever.

7. Jamiroquai - Yes, the odd ball of the group, but He's so smooth and the music is so feel good you can't help but dance.

While we're on the subject of music, I need to voice that I cannot stand the music they play where I work. Soft rock and so forth. If I have to hear The Fray's "In Over my Head" one more time I'm going to put a bullet in my brain.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Optimus Prime wrote:If I have to hear The Fray's "In Over my Head" one more time I'm going to put a bullet in my brain.
I HATE that damn song. :evil:
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I like rock (70s rule!) music, classical and old electronic music, mostly.

If you go trough my hard disk, CDs and stuff, you will find:

-Genesis
-Yes
-ELP
-King Crimson
-Wendy Carlos
-Tomita
-Philip Glass
-Bach

And some others like Kraftwerk, Jean Michel Jarre, Jean Jacques-Perrey, Ray Koniff (!).
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

I also like Rage aganist the machine and Tool I went to high school in the early 90's so I really love Alice in Chains,but no hair bands like Posion bah!!!!!
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

Skywarp G1 wrote:I also like Rage aganist the machine and Tool I went to high school in the early 90's!
Me too. Tool has some great tracks. Rage against the machine too.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

It's good to finally hear from you Optimus Prime.

I look forward to a competive challenge finally.

As for the reply of this forum of favorite music.
I have spent most of my energon on studying the history of music.
I don't know much about anything when it comes to local or underground music. But the big names and not so big names are what my education is made of.

Let me say that I can't stand country music. Though I like J. Cash
I also will not listen to opera, hip hop, girly girly love crap, or tech.

Rock and Roll music is #1 on my charts

R n' R started in the mid 50's with Johnny Cash, Elvis Pressely etc.
The pioneers of today's music.

So for me to pick my favorite type of music, or what you would find in my hard drive, cd collection or the other places :lol:

before my time
1950's Johnny Cash
1960's Beatles / Rolling Stones / C.C.R.

my baby years
1970's Aerosmith / Led Zeppelin / Black Sabbath / ZZ Top

my childhood years
1980's Metallica / Ratt / Twisted Sister / Ozzy

my teenage years
1990's Nirvana / Alice In Chains / Soundgarden

my present years
2000's Buckcherry / Godsmack / Korn

These are just to name a few. I got hundreds of Cd's
One can really tell the personality of a person with the music they listen to.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Rodimus Prime wrote:As sad I as I to admit this, but I recently just "aquired" Ridin' dirty by Chamillionaire (please don't mock me, I don't like rap normally, but the tune to this just got me hooked.)
"Weird Al" Yankovic did a parody of that song on his latest album
It's called "White & Nerdy"
Pretty funny song and Yankovic CAN rap.
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

galvatron wrote: "Weird Al" Yankovic did a parody of that song on his latest album
It's called "White & Nerdy"
Pretty funny song and Yankovic CAN rap.
Have it too! ;)
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

galvatron wrote:I have spent most of my energon on studying the history of music.

I also will not listen to opera.
I've taken a number of music courses in college and they totally got me into opera. It's really quite beautiful once you learn more about it. =)

(Not that you don't know about it or anything, I'm just saying.)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

look on my HDD, and you might think hooooooly crap...
OOC, most of it's before my time. so i'll cut that bit.

late 60's hits from CCR to Canned Heat, to Jefferson airplane. Those were the days is a great song.

lot's of 70's rock. more Jefferson Aeronautical vehicle of choice, Moody Blues, Neil Young, Journey, Styx, Neil Young, Blue Oyster Cult, ZZ Top, Chicago, Supertramp

some good 80's music, too. TF SOUNDTRACK! REM, Springsteen, Parsons Project, Depeche Mode, etc...

90's- modern: a lot of the above groups came back and made amazing music. Boston, CSNY, Moody Blues, soforth. Some new good rock groups, spared the painful death of radio overplay... Tonic, Snow Patrol, Live, Collective Soul, Eve 6....

Guitar Gods: Satriani, Malmsteen, Vai, Johnson... if you've not heard of them... go now and be enlightened. these guys prove you can tell a story in a song with no words.

bits and pieces of everything. classical, andrew lloyd weber, trans siberian orchestra, and even arcane stuff like Arthur Fields (WWI), Peggy Lee (WWII), Louis Armstrong (Friggin forever), and even the Red Army Chorus singing the soviet national anthem. Of course, can't get away with german madrigal era songs like Ach Weh Des Leiden....

I think my taste in music befits my role as time traveller!
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Time Traveller wrote: Guitar Gods: Satriani, Malmsteen, Vai, Johnson... if you've not heard of them... go now and be enlightened. these guys prove you can tell a story in a song with no word
Amen brother! As I learn to play guitar, these are the guys I look up to as legendary guitar players.
meeshabot
City Commander

Post by meeshabot »

I like a lot of things....hard to say.
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

Hmm no Jimi and no stevey ray vaughn,whats up with that?Also I am a huge Pink Floyd fan as well.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Skywarp G1 wrote:Hmm no Jimi and no stevey ray vaughn,whats up with that?Also I am a huge Pink Floyd fan as well.
Of course Hendrix, Stevie, Floyd not to mention Clapton, Jimmy Page, Estabon, the list goes on and on.
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

Skywarp G1 wrote:Hmm no Jimi and no stevey ray vaughn,whats up with that?Also I am a huge Pink Floyd fan as well.
Yes, Pink Floyd is very good, but I have to be in the mood. Everytime I hear "Dark Side of the Moon", The Wizard of Oz plays in my head. :wink: