Kids Shows/Toons

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Kids Shows/Toons

Post by Arcee »

Inspired by the discussion in another thread: aside from TF, what other cartoons or shows did you used to love as a kid?

As I mentioned previously, He-Man and She-Ra were staples of my childhood, but before that I was your typical girly-girl obsessed with Rainbow Brite. I'd say those are probably the two big ones from the 80s.

To this day probably about 75% of what I watch on TV still is cartoons... Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, Fairly Oddparents.

How about you guys?
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

He-Man & She-Ra definately! Superfriends, Rainbow Brite, Care Bears, My Little Pony (sorry skywarp :lol: ), Thundercats, The Fraggles (not really a cartoon, but still kids stuff), Garfield & Friends, X-Men, Ninja Turtles...I'm sure there are quite a few more I'll come up with later.

In older years, I've liked a lot of anime - Dragonball Z (my favorite), Kenshin, Trigun, Outlaw Star, Hellsing, Escaflowne, Fruits Basket, the list goes on & on. Samurai Jack, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Space Ghost, Family Guy... I better stop before I overload the board.

Did I mention I'm a cartoon freak?
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

AHHHHHHHHH!! My Little Pony. I watched Super Friends,Rocky and Bull Winkle,D&D,Ninja Turtles,Bugs Bunny,Tom and Jerry,He Man,and the list goes on.
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Skywartp you rule! D&D was one of the best shows on earth EVER! I have the DVD box set of every ep they ever made, well worth the money and I watch them over and over without them ever getting old.

As a kid I watched pretty much everything, Mask, Thundercats, He-man (yes I also watched She-ra), The Visionaries...... To be honest I'm drawing a blank....OHHH...GUMMY BEARS! lol, ok that is kinda lame, but it was fun, that and the Smurfs. I remember seeing the Smurfs movie and freaking out cos it was cool. lmao. Man, I'm smurfing lame!
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

D&D!!! I forgot all about that one! I loved that show!

Gummy Bears, lol. There were some weird ones like Snorkels, The Littles, Popples (or something like that), Wuzzles, My Pet Monster, Monster in my Pocket, & those weird Hanah Barbara cartoons. There was one I remember watching that I can't remember the name of, it had a family living in prehistoric times & there were a couple of these giant blob things that watched over the kids, Herculoids or something like that maybe?

Damn I feel old...

I'd rather watch cartoons than regular TV anyday. I get tired of all the CSI, Criminal Justice, & Reality Show crap real quick.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I enjoyed all of the above mentioned shows when I was little, but since you are on the subject I need to rant.

I also rather enjoyed Spiderman, the X-Men, the Tick, and whatever else was on Fox Kids in the morning. The Tick is an amazing show, absolutely incredible.

I also really loved those old superhero shows like the Herculoids, the Galaxy Trio, Space Ghost, Birdman (lol), etc. There was also a show called Thundarr the Barbarian that was amazing, but I never saw it more than a few times. Oh and the Pirates of Darkwater. That was AMAZING!!!!

Nowadays I watch anime. Any of it I can get my hands on. I've lost faith in most other forms of animation, it's all so very stupid these days. Except maybe some of the stuff on CN's Adult Swim. Some of that is stupid too though. Right now I'm watching the animes Midori No Hibi and Tokimeki Memorial Only Love. Both excellent.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Delita-1 wrote:The Fraggles (not really a cartoon, but still kids stuff)
I LOVED Fraggle Rock as a kid. Pretty much any Muppet stuff in general was a big hit (Statler & Waldorf are the sh*t, I wish they were real people).

You know what else rocked? Animaniacs. Yeah, that's right.

Going off what Inferno said, how about shows you hate? I have a ten year old nephew, and I'm sorry, but half the crap he watches is just unbearable (if I have to sit through another episode of Drake & Josh I swear I'm ending it all). When I was a kid it was all about the classic Nicktoons--Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Angry Beavers--that's what it's all about, people.
Last edited by Arcee on Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

By the way, how about a holler for Powerpuff Girls? :D
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

ButterCup likes to be an instigator ;) :-P
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Inferno wrote:The Tick is an amazing show, absolutely incredible.
Agreed. SPOON!!!

Ren & Stimpy - That was my absolute favorite in junior high !

On the hate list... Spongebob. I can not stand Spongebob, not at all. Pretty much anything Disney makes me gag. A lot of shows I can't stand just because the animation is so awful. Like Ed, Edd, & Eddy (or whatever), the show itself is TOLERABLE, but the animation makes me sick.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Smurfs
Flintstones
Looney Tunes
Hanna Barbara (Yogi, Snagglepuss, Huckleberry etc...)
Thundercats
Simpsons
Family Guy
American Dad
South Park
Beavis & Butt-Head
Futurama
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

I rather liked Spongebob the first few seasons, but I feel like the new eps are kind of lacking and just becoming annoying, so I haven't watched it in ages. I'm all about Fairly Oddparents now. :D

OMG, you know what I loved? CAPTAIN PLANET!!! LOLOL!
He's the best, I don't care what any of you say (shut up Hot Rod).
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

oh yes, Captain Planet, the guy whose skin was the same color as his clothes, either that or he ran around with kids while half naked. Also don't start me on the fact his skin was blue and his hair green and on top of that he wore red, were all kids colorblind in the 80s/90s!! :-P (shut up Arcee)
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

:roll:

Four words, Hot Rod: "The power is yours."

=P
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Speaking of color blind, anyone remember Jem?

lolol...
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Ok D&D was 2nd best, this was the best!!!! period!!

hey Arcee, the power is lame, like what kinda freaking element is heart???
earth, sure, fire, yeah, wind.....ok (if its natural and not generated by a humans...nm) and water..naturally.....but heart??? Today in science class we are learning about the properties of that little known element called "heart" ... what??? :roll:
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Dude, whatever. At least he didn't run around in his undies--an iced up pair, to boot. I don't even wanna know what effect that constantly frozen underwear had on the guy's ... anatomy. :roll: :P
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

AAAAHHH MY EYES

my poor poor eyes, I can only see in gourish colors now, my skin now looks purple with green polka dots!! :?

Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

LOLOL ... you wanker...

I'm saving this thread to my hard drive now... :lol:
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Hot Rod wrote:oh yes, Captain Planet, the guy whose skin was the same color as his clothes, either that or he ran around with kids while half naked.
Forget the skin, does he have a mullet?