Kids Shows/Toons

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I just can't believe you would say such things about Captain Planet. I thought you were cool Hot Rod and you betrayed me. The Captain is one of my personal heroes. Sure the show was quite cheesy, but the message it gave kids was amazing, so much better than most other cartoons, even back then. Captain Planet is part of the reason I am studying to become an Environmental Engineer. "Cuz savin our planet is the thing to do."

I also do free-style rap at open mic things around campus and I wrote about Captain Planet.

Of course Spiderman gives kids an awesome message too, but I'm not going to repeat it because Spiderman fans have to put up with it constantly.

Spongebob is one of those shows that had a few eps that I liked, the same with Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom, other generic Nickolodeon cartoons of similar nature. I just can't stand to watch that channel anymore. Give me back Invader Zim and Rocko's Modern Life.

Any of those live action shows on Nick or Disney are terrible, nuff said.
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

Lets not forget Space Ghost coast to coast,and SeaLab 2010 or whatever # it is.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Delita-1 wrote:Forget the skin, does he have a mullet?
Are you kidding?! The mullet was the best part! :lol:
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Inspector Gadget was one of my favorites. It always (& still does) drove me crazy that you never got to see Dr.Claw's face!

Oh, & Voltron!! I played that at recess with my friends a lot, lol.

Did anyone ever watch Sifl & Olly? It's not a cartoon - it's puppets, but I thought some of the episodes were very funny.
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

When I was in primary school my friends and I would place Drac pack at break time. Anyone here remember that or am I just too old? :-P
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

You're too old. :lol: (j/k)
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I do remember Drac Pack... And Speed Buggy and all those Scooby Doo clones.

It's sad to see how many of those cartoon companies disappeared. Now it's just Nickelodeon, Turner and Disney, versus Toei, NHK and other Japanese giants.... But Ruby Spears brought the Centurions, Fang the lone wolf (can't remember its English name), Mr T, Mohammad Ali and some more I can't just remember how many were! Or what about all those Filmation did? Not just Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power, but also the Fat Albert (one of my favorites), the Ghost Busters (before the movie those even had a bear), Captain Marvel, Flash Gordon, etc.. Or Rankin & Bass... They did the Thundercats, Silverhawks and Rudolph.

I'm an all cartoon freak. Apart from Seinfeld and the news, I mainly watch cartoons.

I got shocked when Joseph Barbera died... I treasured a lot his co-creations and they rank high on my heart.

A remarkable which in my opinion hasn't been mentioned is the New Adventures of Mighty Mouse. They "inspired" Ren & Stimpy... Said by Kricfalusi himself! Ralph Bakshi was a monster of the underground material.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

for those of you who don't know it.....

I was always howler, he was cool. lol

edit**

Jose just reminded me of one I used to watch...Defenders of the earth.... DEFENDERS!! um sorry, when you say the title you start with the whole theme song cos it was so catchy, lol.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

bagales wrote:I'm an all cartoon freak. Apart from Seinfeld and the news, I mainly watch cartoons.
Really? That's surprising, I never would've guessed that. I've always envisioned you as a very serious person.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Delita-1 wrote:
Really? That's surprising, I never would've guessed that. I've always envisioned you as a very serious person.
I take serious what I shouldn't, and I don't take serious what I should. As a matter of fact, people who know me for short time never realize when I'm talking seriously or when I'm being sarcastic. Going further on cartoons, when they are good enough I literally roll on the floor laughing. I enjoy them from the drawing to the script. For example, I can't help laughing when I start to make an analysis about the lack of chin of most Hannah-Barbera characters, or how unshaven they are.

In overall, I take cartoons seriously and I love to laugh with them.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

voltron and transformers were the only ones i followed. didn't get much voltron, and all the transformers i saw was G2 stuff. i did enjoy looney toons, too, esp. wile e. coyote and road runner sketches :P
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

I watched Inspector Gadget all the time as well, Delita. I used to want to be Penny. :lol:

And bagales, I love Mighty Mouse. :D

Anyone for David the Gnome?

One of my all-time favorites, which no one EVER remembers for some strange reason:

Noozles!
Last edited by Arcee on Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

OMG......

anyone remember this??

POLE POSITION!!! HELL YEAH!!
I so loved Dan's car. Man I wanna be a kid again, I gotta try to find these to d/l there were only 13 eps made :(
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

W00T for david the gnome! my mom collected some of the gnome stuff even before the tv series. there were some interesting story books, and this random fact book. did you know gnomes live so long because relative to their size, they have huge livers? i have no idea why i remember that of all things, all these years....
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Time Traveller wrote:did you know gnomes live so long because relative to their size, they have huge livers?
LOL!!! What the heck???
Arcee_G1 wrote:One of my all-time favorites, which no one EVER remembers for some strange reason:
I do remember that one! I would've never recognized the name, but I recognize it from the picture. :lol:

With all these cartoons, did you tend to always side with the 'good guys' or the 'bad guys'? I was always about the bad guys. Skeletor, Mumra, Lex Luthor, The Joker, Dr Claw...
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Delita-1 wrote:LOL!!! What the heck???
My reaction exactly!! lol... :lol:
Delita-1 wrote:With all these cartoons, did you tend to always side with the 'good guys' or the 'bad guys'? I was always about the bad guys. Skeletor, Mumra, Lex Luthor, The Joker, Dr Claw...
Why does that not surprise me? :P :wink:
Commander Megatron

Post by Commander Megatron »

Pole position, I remember that. It was a good show as was the Drac Pac. Hotrod me and you never stopped being kids so what are you talking about!!!!
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Coolest My Little Pony ever...

Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

NO ****ING WAY!! THAT IS SO COOL!!!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

holy friggin awesome. so long as they don't do it to a tf ;)

however, i WILL be buying an optimash prime.