Cuppycake Gumdrops

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

Image[img]

SUZIE HAD A BABY TODAY any ideas for a baby girls name
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

Moo-llisa? :lol:

everyone: *groan
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

:roll:
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

on the subject of pets, my cat tonight seems to have had a couple of (possible) epileptic fits(!) :cry: I'm taking him to see the vet in the morning now, as he seems to be OK.... I don't know if anyone else has any experience of this with their own pets, but it was very strange... it wasn't like violent shaking like most people associate with fits, rather he seemed to arch his back and stretch his legs uncontrollably for a few seconds at a time. I know it sound just like a cat stretching, but it was totally different. His eyes were open, but we was very "out of it"... all I could do was sit with him and stroke him until it stopped... he's been eating and jumping round like nothings happened since... :? :?: He did it once for about 3 minutes, then he was fine, and he did it again about an hour later. I'm gonna be sat with him all night it looks like til he goes to the vet in the morning.

It was awful - I felt totally helpless for him... Mrs S was very upset by it too. I'll be much happier once he's seen the vet tomorrow :(
Jetfire is a robosexual
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Oh no! Sounds terrible! I hope he's okay...
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

good luck with your cat sunstorm i know how it feels. but no never seen a cat do that unless there about to fight something or someone but that sounds a little different

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

It's not looking good for my cat Monkey :cry:

He's seen the vet and is going again tomorrow for more blood tests. He's had many more episodes since then, each a little stranger than the last. This morning, we was walking with his back and his legs bent at very strange angles, though he was responding to his name and was able to move... the vet has asked us to try and record some footage which I've tried and have a few tiny snippets, but I'm always too late with the camera. From the behaviour being uncontrolled, I can only assume it's something to do with his brain sending the wrong signals - you can see him trying to fight them... He's only 3 and a half years old and I can't bear the thought of losing him :cry:
Jetfire is a robosexual
Rumble
Decepticon Demolitions Expert

Post by Rumble »

I'm sorry to hear that Sunstorm, my thoughts are with you. I hope everything turns out OK for him.

Rumble.
R.I.P, Menasor.

I can't believe I thought Cassettes were the way of the future.

Is +1 on Kups list.

'Cons Have More Fun
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I hope so too... Good luck tomorrow.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I know what its like to have an animal really sick. My dog had cancer. I hope your cat gets better real soon.
R.I.P. Menasor
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Hang on, Sunstorm. I have been there, done that too. Animals, even ill, are still responsive to support, and he will need it. You and your family (and yes, I think of our furry friends when I use that term) are in my thoughts.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Thanks guys - and Jose, you're totally right. He is family and it's hard to watch him suffer... his last visit to the vets has the vet guessing he's suffering partial fits. He was left with them for the afternoon for further tests and he's been so grumpy since he came back... we'll know more tomorrow when some results come through from the tests they did. Monkey is still suffering from some of these fits and had one last night that was particularly strong... I have to try and film it (which makes me feel awful, as I just want to hold him...) and have made a few more better examples for the vet to see. I ended up putting them on my youtube account so I could show the vet whilst at the surgery. :roll:

We have pet insurance, which I'm hoping will pay out as it's cost us about £160 so far, with probably a lot more to come :cry: I can handle paying the money though, he's worth every penny.

I appreciate everyone's well-wishes :D
Jetfire is a robosexual
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Sunstorm my apologies for being late with my regards for this one. I hope that you get it sorted with your beloved pet and that it gets sorted quickly and as painlessly as possible for him.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

thanks again for everyone's support here...

Monkey has been to the vets 3 times now this week and has had a collection of tests... we've been recording as much footage as we can for the vets. For Mon, Tues, Wed, Monkey was just sleeping all day and evening and it was worrying us, but over the last couple of days he's been his usual boisterous self, begging me to play with his favourite toy every two minutes. He's still having the "attacks", either 1 or 2 a day, but as soon as it's over he's running round like nothings happened.

I'm thinking this could just end up being something he has to live with :roll: :?
Jetfire is a robosexual
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Well, it's better then having terminal cancer or something of the sort. You have your pet and should be thankful for it.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

They haven't figured out whats happening yet?

I hope your cat gets better soon :)
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

[img][img]http://i37.tinypic.com/dnirrc.jpg[/img][/img]

Sooooo... Kath finally named suzies baby..... Karla the Kalf :roll:

Is it just me or do people in general go all soppy when they see something small and fuzzy
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

Makin' me hungry!
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

OI You cant eat poor Karla, she is only 3 months old and she is cute but her tongue fells like sandpaper when she sucks my fingers ( cue Galvatron with some sort of smutty comment )
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Galvatron I forbid you to make any sort of smutty comment!! Notice I never said about not getting a giggity, giggity!! LOL!!!

Karla.....Dirge I totally agree, they just seem to melt at anything cute. :roll: