Movie Discussion/Reviews

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Movie Discussion/Reviews

Post by Commander Megatron »

There you go, it was said so it was done! So, has anyone seen any good movies recently
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Saw 3 – Not really a ‘new’ movie, but new to DVD. I thought it was okay, but not as good as the previous two. I was pretty disappointed with the ending too. I didn’t find the ‘twist’ to be as good. It was still entertaining though. That pig mask scares the shit out of me. *shudders* I’ve strictly forbidden any sort of replica of that thing to be in my house.

The last movie I saw in theaters was Happy Feet. Did you see that Inferno? :P
Commander Megatron

I would love to see all the saw movies, have seen the 1st one, excellent! Tho I do tend to think they rip the ass out of a good thing. 2 would have been enough. Watched Monsters Inc at the weekend with my son, its aboutb the 100th time I have seen it and it still makes me laugh!
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Monsters Inc is awesome - that's the first movie my daughter ever saw in a theater. I still have the ticket stub. :P

My favorite Pixar movie has to be The Incredibles, hands down. Excellent movie.
Commander Megatron

Yes have that on DVD, the flesh creature bought it to help her beat the Incredibles game when it 1st came out!! the film was excellent as well. I dnt think Disney have made a bad animated Movie.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

The last movie I saw in theaters was Happy Feet. Did you see that Inferno?
No, unfortunately I have yet to see it. As much as I like to go to movies, I don't have transportation at the moment (accident :( ) and the only source I have is the campus two dollar weekend theater. Have seen a couple of movies there lately though.

The Prestige - I was throughly amazing by this movie. The way it plays out is just so abnormal. The acting by Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale was also top notch and Mr. Jackman has definitely proven he can do more than be a rough and tumble action hero. The movie really says a lot about the darker side of human nature and I would suggest watching it. Especially if you like magic.

School For Scoundrels - On the other hand, this movie I could live without. John Heder does a good job with his character (although the character doesn't differ much from Napoleon Dynamite) and Billy Bob Thornton is a guy you love to hate. I hated him a little too much by the end of the movie though and what I walked away from this with didn't make me happy. The movie was good, I just reacted badly to it.
Commander Megatron

I like the sound of the Prestige. Not much of a fan of BBT, so will give the school a miss.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Crank- For anyone that doesn't know - the basis is that the main guy(Jason Statham a.k.a Mr Badass) is given a poison. The only way he can keep from dying is to keep his adrenaline pumping. His goal is to basically get even with the people that poisoned him before he dies.

Wow, that had to be one of the most ridiculous movies I've ever seen in my life. The action scenes were great, but the way the story went was absolutely absurd. I haven't laughed that hard during a movie in a long time, and I don't think it was meant to be that funny.

I loved it.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

The Departed I've been meaning to put this up for days and I forgot. This weekend TT, myself, and some friends went to this one at the campus theater. I thought it was overall a great movie. In particular the acting is spectacular (well the movie does feature Jack Nicholson). But in order to be able to understand it you have to be able to tell the difference between Matt Damon and Leonardo DeCaprio otherwise you will be extremely confused. You see, Matt is an Irish mobster inside the police and Leo is a policeman inside the mob. And both groups start to suspect they have a mole. It gets pretty intense. But 4 out of 5 stars.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Been wanting to see that Inferno, but haven't had the chance. I've only heard great things.

I keep seeing the trailer on TV for Ghost Rider. While I can't stand Nicholas Cage, I wouldn't mind checking it out.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

That's a good idea. Maybe I'll go to a movie while I'm home this weekend. Though I doubt I'll have the time. Only a few months until the TF movie though.
meeshabot
City Commander

Let Them Eat Cake!

Post by meeshabot »

I'm a big Bale fan, I NEED to see The Prestige.

Marie Antoinette Oh Sophia Copolla. This was a fantastic movie with an awesome soundtrack. Kirsten Dunst put it best when she said "it was a history of emotions." The movie is really touching and expands on upon the notion that the king and queen were too young to reign.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

The 300 This was the most hardcore movie I have ever seen. The main character is the epidomy of a BADASS and that alone is enough reason to go see it. On top of that it's got excellent acting, intense action, and historical significance. There's even a few fantastic creatures thrown in there for fun (if anyone's played Warcraft III and remembers the undead abominations, they're in there). It's the best movie I've seen in theatres since the Lord of the Rings. 5 out of 5, 10 out of 10, etc.
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

Yes this movie was good,it was a time when men were men,makes me want to lift weight even more and carry a spear :twisted:
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

TMNT
Yup, I went and watched this today. Man did it bring back loads of childhood memories and good times. The movie itself was really good, your usual CGI ninjafest. Don't wanna get into story specifics and spoil it for anyone planning on watching it.
Some great voice acting too, listen out for Patrick Stewart!

Sadly, Mako, who voiced Splinter died shortly after recording his lines. He was 72 years old and had been battling cancer. :(
Rest in peace, Sensei.
Cyclonus

Post by Cyclonus »

He died!! I didn't know that. I saw that movie to with my cousin. It was very good, I can recommend it to anyone.
Commander Megatron

I have heard a few indifferent reports about it :? Tho I suppose if you liked the turtles when they first came out.....
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

I'm trying to talk Prime into taking me & Wheelie to see it this weekend. I was a big turtles fan.

Cowabunga dude.
Commander Megatron

is there anything you aren't a fan of?
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

I never cared much for Raggedy Ann and Andy. :P