Movie Discussion/Reviews

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

actually, i blame YOU!
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Oh, why is that? I can't help it if I am the most active!! :D
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

I can't help it if I am the most active
Is that in every way possible commander, or just in the forums :lol: :lol:
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

In every way possible!! 8) :lol:
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

welll seems like every movie i seen this year has already been mentioned atleast once lol

Ironman

kung-fu panda

indiana jones

hulk

I liked them all too but missed the special at the end of the credits in Iornman so Arcee pm me the info too please lol

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Alright Arcee....my family and I saw Wall-E today. It is a great and funny movie! Highly recommend it! The little pixar short movie before it is a bout a magician and his rabbit. That's all I'll say...IT IS EXTREMELY FUNNY!!!
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

Alright, I saw Wanted the other weekend.

For those that may not know, Wanted is based off of a 6-issue, limited series comic book that came out around 2003 I think, of the same name. The basic premise of the comic book is that a group of super villains has killed all the super heroes in 1984, and through the use of several plot devices has erased all memory of these heroes from the general world populace. The world is now run by a cadre of supervillains, an organization in which the Fox (played by Angelina Jolie in the movie) and the Killer (played by James McAvoy) are members

Obviously the movie doesn't have most of the comic book elements in it, but there are many similarities, including script/dialogue (sometimes verbatim), scenes, and the like.

Content-wise the movie is pretty entertaining..now some people have compared it to a mix of Matrix (effects-wise) and Fight Club (story-wise) but Wanted is its own film...it's a comic book movie about assassins.

If you come into the movie knowing it's based off a comic that portrays impossibly skilled/shot accurate assassins, then all the "what the hell, that's just like the matrix" comments will be mitigated, and almost all the movie effects and skills will be immediately explained (cause it's a comic book movie).

Some people came away feeling negative about it but the movie is pretty entertaining and in some ways is a social commentary about our mundane lives...so yeah it's recommended :twisted:
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I had heard that it was a comic movie, but I had no idea what comics. Still if that's the plot of the comics, the movie seems a lot different to me.

I went to Hancock yesterday and was very very surprised. Will Smith is good at making interesting movies. At first I thought this movie looked idiotic and I found it hilarious that it had the same name as a town up here. But no, his name is John Hancock (after the declaration guy, kind of, see the movie). And I can assure you that it is nothing like you probably think it is. Once again my uncanny powers of guessing some crucial thing about the movie's plot came through for me and I found that really funny.

8/10
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Goldbug wrote:I liked them all too but missed the special at the end of the credits in Iornman so Arcee pm me the info too please lol
Sent, along with a little clip.
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

movie

Post by ghostinthemachine »

has anyone else seen these movies with Kate Beckinsale i have them both and the were good movies and i found out yesterday that they are making a third movie fo this it comes out 1-23-09 and it will be a prequel of the movies showing how Markus and William became vampire and lykon, and Lucian and Sonja hooking up and how viktor killed her and Kraven killing his cousin Lucian
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

i love the movie underworld, and i have Underworld Evolution too.
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

yeah i have them both as well as a matter of fact im watching underworld evolution right now, cant wait for the final one to come out
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Has anyone seen the Dark Knight yet? I thought it was amazing.
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

no not yet but im going to here soon, and the hulk 2
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Rattrap wrote:Has anyone seen the Dark Knight yet? I thought it was amazing.
Saw it last night. Overall, I loved it ... though I have a couple of serious criticisms. I don't want to say anything yet for sake of spoilers, unless others don't mind?
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

well i seen the trailers for it and dont like the fact that they changed Rachaels character
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

Katie Holmes didn't want to come back though. What were they supposed to do? Not make it?
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

none

oh i didnt know she didnt want to come back, that wouldnt stop me from seeing it anyway
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I thought the dark knight was awesome. It did leave me feeling a little stranger, but overall it was great. I dont like the choice they made for rachel. I mean no harm, but maggie gylenhaal or however you spell it looks like she's at least pushing 50 years old. It may just be me, but it kinda bothered me.
R.I.P. Menasor
Rattrap
Big Grey Rat

Post by Rattrap »

She's only a year older than Katie, but it seemed like Rachel played a much smaller role in this movie.