Movie Discussion/Reviews

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

The Spongebob Squarepants movie!!

I laughed so hard I nearly busted my neural cluster!!! I have watched this film so much I can repeat all the lines and sing the songs... *Sings* "Now we're men, we have facial hair, now we're men, I changed my underwear, now we're men..... Anyway, *ahem* an excellent cartoon movie and I know he has an annoying laugh but he doesn't laugh that much in the movie.

Best character, Dennis the bounty hunter. This guy is mean and I think he is great!!! Anyone who has seen it (come on, I am sure I'm not the only one) can work out why. Anyone who hasn't seen it I am sure it will be on Nicktoons at some point soon. Take 90 minutes of your life and watch it!!
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Star Wars: the Clone Wars.

As always, I will try my best to leave out all spoilers.

This was part of my youngest Mini-con's B-day party.

I in no way should have been in the theater, due to my continuing healing process, but with ear plugs in, and proper medication (anti-vert/painkillers/anti-naseua), I made it.

This was expected to be just a kids flick, and was definitely aimed at a younger audience than some of the darker films from the two trilogies, but came off as much more mature then Episode One. (Of course, anything written by anyone with a middle school diploma will seem more mature than Jar Jar.)

Place directly after Episode Two, the plot is simple. Jabba's baby has been kidnapped, and it is a race between the Seperatists and the Republic to rescue him. Whoever gets the baby home safely, gets travel rights through Hutt space. Whoever fails, gets attacked on sight in Hutt space.

There is a lot of humor, especially from the Trade Federation Mechanized troops. A lot more action than I had anticipated, and for a CGI film, a lot of realism.

As this one was aimed at kids, however, there were no obvious deaths, not even from clones... Medics were called left and right after major battle scenes (think Sunbow's G.I. Joe parachutes from any shot down plane, and you will be in the right spirit here).

As opposed to ditracting from the established canon, as many of the novels do, this film really seems to fit with the movie plots.

Overall, I recommend this film to any card carrying Star Wars fan... especially those with kids. For those without kids, you could wait for the DvD, but what kinda Star Wars fan are you, huh???? It definitely leaves room for plenty of sequels as well.

I recommend that if you can, you watch the first made for Cartoon Network Clone Wars cartoon to familiarize yourself with some of the ancillary characters, but it is not a requirment.

Great film, higly recommended. It far surpassed my expectations but if you are not a fan of the series, it will be on your pass list for sure.
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.

I forgot to mention that I watched this about a week ago. I really liked it. It lives up to the other two movies in the series and the acting by Brendan Fraiser is excellent. I was worried his career was over with Journey to the Center of the Earth, but this movie proves it's not yet. The kid who plays his son is awesome too, best character in the movie (and no it's not Shia). And if you think that Imhotep was badass, you haven't seen nothing yet.

8/10
Commander Megatron

I loved the Mummy movies, Scorpion King put the Rock on the map!! Blackjack any chance of a little teaser as to parts of the movie?
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I finally got around to seeing two movies via Pay For View.

1) Rambo (2008)--It was OK..I guess if you like to see lots of heads and bodies explode, which I don't! He should have stopped at the orginal Rambo movies.

2) Latest Aliens Vs. Predator Movie--It was also just OK, but there were several scenes I found extremely hard to watch. I did found myself rooting for the Predator. He was vastly out-numbered!
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I saw the new Star Wars Clone Wars movie. It was really good! I was very surprised, since I wasn't too fond of it being a cartoon. The new apprentice girl was slightly annoying, but overall it was great. In addition, its a continuation of the animated series that was on cartoon network recently. I would suggest any star wars fan to see it. Since most of the live action movies are CG anyways, this one feels real enough.
R.I.P. Menasor
deceptacreep
Targetmaster

Post by deceptacreep »

Last film I saw was You Don't Mess With The Zohan. It was pretty funny throughout actually. Quite a bizarre plot but hey, it's not to be taken seriously. Definately worth a watch.
Octane
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Octane »

not a review, but...

Hot Fuzz

BEST movie EVVARRR!!!!! Action + British Comedy = PURE CONCENTRATED UNADULTERATED WINNNN!!!!!

seriously guys, go see this. You will not be disappointed. However, it is quite violent (gory & intense) and very VERY profane. If you're against such things, I wouldn't reccomend it.
Conformers--Absolutely Nothing More Than Meets The Eye!

Giant robot stuff here: http://venomianbane-giantrobots.blogspot.com/
deceptacreep
Targetmaster

Post by deceptacreep »

SWAN!
Commander Megatron

deceptacreep wrote:SWAN!
Care to elaborate on that one Deceptacreep?
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

Post by ghostinthemachine »

maybe starwars animated lol who knows :roll:
i want to see hot fuzz, its the same to the played Shaun of the Dead one of my favorite comedy/ horror movies
deceptacreep
Targetmaster

Post by deceptacreep »

It's from Hot Fuzz!

I was nearly cool for a second then as well. Darn.
Commander Megatron

LOL!! My apologies, I have yet to catch the movie.
Octane
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Octane »

deceptacreep wrote:SWAN
I hear they're able to break a man's arm...or blow up a man's house.

XD I'd love to be an exceptional policeman-officer...
Conformers--Absolutely Nothing More Than Meets The Eye!

Giant robot stuff here: http://venomianbane-giantrobots.blogspot.com/
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

I loved the Mummy movies, Scorpion King put the Rock on the map!! Blackjack any chance of a little teaser as to parts of the movie?
Hey, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I tend not to visit the General Discussions that much and I've been out of town a lot.

I don't really know what would be a good teaser, but as I mentioned this movie takes place some time after the other ones. I would say O'Connel's son is in his twenties and their relationship is a lot like Indiana Jones's in his new movie.

New mummy is way more interesting than Imhotep because he can do a lot more than just control sand and summon the dead.

And there's a yak. A really awesome yak.
Commander Megatron

And there's a yak. A really awesome yak.

:shock: Will have to look out for that one!!

Watched 10,000 BC last night. To be honest I am not sure if I liked it or not. The action scenes were good but the overall story was a bit "strange" for want of a better term.