Free Guy (2021)- Maggy's movie reviews

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Free Guy (2021)- Maggy's movie reviews

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Ryan Reynolds stars as an NPC in a MMO style video game. One day he wakes up in his little world, and starts to break his routine. Over time he becomes more aware of his surroundings, up to and including accessing player controls. As his personality, dare say humanity, grows the greedy developer of the game, in a desperate cash grab, decides to shut the servers down in order to replace the game with its inferior sequel. Guy, with the aid of a couple of developers ressponisible for the base code, struggle to keep the world and Guy alive.

This action comedy features just a ton of hard laugh moments as we see the world of a smash and grab, gain points for destruction style game through the eyes of people that just accept that sort of environment as everyday life. Bank employees can set their watch for the daily robbery. Gun fights in the streets are seen as we would see traffic. And being killed means you just wake up the next morning ready to do the same thing all over again. If you like Reynolds and his style of humor (and who doesn't?), there is no reason not to see this film.

Highly recommended.

Have you seen this film? What were your thoughts?
trance
Site Admin

Re: Free Guy (2021)- Maggy's movie reviews

Post by trance »

I have not, but thanks for the recommendation, me and the wife will check it out!
Agent Meister
Decoy

Post by Agent Meister »

I watched it on the 3rd day after it came out in theaters. It was a great movie to watch!
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Just wanted to drop in and say, welcome Agent Meister. I know I am only a couple years late on that. Let us know if you need anything at all.

Also, no new reviews this week as there is nothing left in theaters I am itching to see. I may see the new Candyman just to get out of the house.

Let me know if there is something you have been on the fence about. I most likely have already seen it and felt it too moldy for a review. But Copshop and Cry Macho are not really calling to me right now as I am looking for stuff to lighten the mood as opposed to anything that will have me leaving the theater grumpier than when I went in.
Agent Meister
Decoy

Post by Agent Meister »

Ultra Magnus wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:00 pm Just wanted to drop in and say, welcome Agent Meister. I know I am only a couple years late on that. Let us know if you need anything at all.
Thanks Ultra Magnus