Venom: Let there be Carnage (2021) Maggy's Movie Reviews

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Venom: Let there be Carnage (2021) Maggy's Movie Reviews

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Okay.

In the time around Y2K, there were quite a few "Romantic Comedies" that had a couple that were utterly unfunny, and the guy would have a best friend that would throw out a couple of lame one liners that did not even earn a groan. A prime example of this was Summer Catch with Freddie Prinze Jr and Matthew Lillard in those roles. I don't even remember who the lead woman was in that film. Only two lame attempts at jokes by Lillard.

That is exactly how I saw the first Venom movie, only it had a few beheadings and more attempts at jokes that go nowhere. It was pretty much forgettable.

So, what did they do for the second in the series? Same thing, except for the title character does less of the beheading. They handed that off to Woody Harrelson. The ending is telegraghed five times in the movie, including in the pre-credits stinger that sort of set up the thing that had you given it more sunlight you might call a plot.

The action was fine. The visuals were fine. The ending was rushed. But, it was short. They kept the run time at exactly 90 minutes. There is a mid-credit scene at the end that sets up something important. Otherwise, there really isn't much to be said. If you really loved the first Venom, you will probably love this one as well, but I have yet to hear anyone say that they LOVE the first Venom. More often than not, the opinions I heard were people saying it did not completely suck as bad as they anticipated.

If you do not intend to see this one before X-mas, PM me and I will spoil the mid credit scene for you, but that might take away a surprise for you from another upcoming film.

Otherwise, wait for streaming on this.

If you have thoughts on the film and can tell me why I should appreciate this one more, comment below.

See you guys for Dune in two weeks. I will be seeing Halloween Kills but probably won't review it. I know I am going to be bored in it as I was with the last one, but I love my slashers. I know I will not be seeing the new Bond.