Spider-Man Far From Home (2021) Maggy's Movie Reviews

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Spider-Man Far From Home (2021) Maggy's Movie Reviews

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Spoiler free section: Have you ever seen a Spider-Man film? Did you like it? Go see this one. It is good.

Spoiler section: Let me start by saying Andrew Garfield is a liar. Yes, there were old movie villains. But there were also old movie Spider-Mans. they don't show up until the third act, but there are in it, and they deliver, in my opinion, a better performance than either of them had in their own films. We see the toll that the job has taken on each of them. All three of these characters are dealing with some serious trauma from their web slinging life. Garfield, most of all, shows the wear and tear of PTSD. This movie has lots of emotional aspects to deal with. It handles it pretty well. Even the villains have a lot of scenery to chew on. Speaking of the old villains, Electro and Sandman are both handled really well. Sandman is obviously just out for himself, and it not so much an antagonist as much as going along with what is best for him. Electro, on the other hand, can actually be taken seriously both as a man and as a threat. Regarding Doc Ock and Goblin.... What would you expect? Masterful work in both cases.

So, this is a celebration of 20 years of Spider-Man on the big screen. Sony came to play. And they also came to reclaim the character. The ending of this film could easily have Spidey leave the MCU or it could have Spidey just have a fresh start correcting issues like MJ not being Mary Jane.

This film took a lot of big swings, and it is batting 1000.

I am not going into any more detail here. it is just worth the watch.

My next review will be for King's Man. Following that, Nightmare Alley. I have no plans on seeing the new Matrix.

Merry Xmas, everyone.