Jackass Forever (2021)-Maggy's movie reviews

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Jackass Forever (2021)-Maggy's movie reviews

Post by Ultra Magnus »

It has been 30 years since the Jackass crew first assembled. It has been 20 since their first movie. In the time since not only have there been the theatrical releases, but three additional straight to video films made out of scenes deleted from the theatrical films. There are also a couple of spin off series, Bad Grandpa, and a few other projects that have all happened in those 30 years. So, what could these guys do that has not been done in hundreds of hours of television, and dozens of hours of film?

Well, Chris Pontius's cock painted and accessorized to resemble a legally distinct but similar to Godzilla puppet destroying a city that cutaways show the rest of the crew inhabiting. Chaos ensues, and everyone gets blown up, stomped, or destroyed. And that is just the opening credits. Don't get me wrong. Anyone that has even glancingly seen anything from the series has seen Chris Pontius's cock. But you have never seen it dressed up like a Godzilla puppet with full marionette puppetry.

So, how do these old fucks top themselves? Well, I am not going to lie. A lot of the stunts involve a younger crew taking over. Pretty much anything involving flying 20 feet through the air (and not landing in water) are the young folk. I says folk, because they now have a young lady stuntperson in the crew! But, the old guys still give us a lot of content as well. In some cases, they do rehashes of old familiar stuff to show comparative shots to the original film or pilot of the show. But, this time they turn it up to the limit. In the original cup test Johnny put on an athletic cup, and lets about five kids kick him in the family jewels. This time around, Danger Erhin puts on a cup, and takes a hit from the MMA fighter that holds the record for the world's hardest punch, an Olympic softball pitcher, and a hockey puck from an nhl pro.

Look. We aren't talking MENSA levels of thought provoking content. You either like this stuff or you don't. If you don't, stay away. This is not for you. If you do, it will make you laugh, cry, and want to puke. If you need a laugh, though, it will make you laugh out loud. I have not laughed so hard at such utter stupidity in a long time.

This is a turn your brain off, buckle the fuck up, and enjoy the ride movie.

And it was very much needed in times like these.

I do not see a particular need to see this one in the theater, but I would still recommend it if you can.

As always, I welcome all thoughts regarding this movie, this series, or related media. Questions or concerns are also encouraged.