The Adam Project (2022)-Maggy's Movie Reviews

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

The Adam Project (2022)-Maggy's Movie Reviews

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Literally nothing new in US theaters this week, so I am diving into Netflix.

But, I would have definitely had this one on my list as was.

In this movie, you have old-grizzled-burnt out Ryan Reynolds having to deal with the worst person imaginable. His 12 year old self.

Adam, a man out of time, must return to the past to stop a chain of events that started with his father. Due to some miscalculations, he was two years too late, and ends up in a situation where he proceeds on his mission with the help of his younger self or not at all.

This sci-fi action thriller is full of intense action, self reflection, lots of scientific technobabble, and higher percentage of Ruffalo screen time than any MCU film. All of this while remaining mostly family friendly (if you are one of those families that don't mind people being bloodlessly exploded, but want to limit cursing).

This movie is definitely a should see, and it is so full of Reynold's energy. However, they let him take a backseat to himself in this department. While the adult Adam does have a bit of his standard swagger and smartassery he is just too grizzled to fully engage in such activity. SO, the kid playing younger him gets to be full on Ryan Reynolds smartass! Does it always work? No. But it never would work for 12 year old Reynolds to be that guy. And Reynolds has to deal with that throughout!

There are laugh moments. There are cry moments. And there are Woah! moments.

If you find yourself around the house, wanting to watch something, put this on the top of your list. But, if you find yourself out and about, go watch The Batman! I put some easter eggs in my review of Patbat and of the three places I shared that, only one person called me on it in a way I could totally reveal the amount of hints and clues I dropped in that one in order to tell you everything that happens in that movie while still managing to have it be spoiler free. Yeah.

But seriously. This movie was just a load of fun and you can tell there was a lot of love put into it. Give it a chance when you can.
Agent Meister
Decoy

Re: The Adam Project (2022)-Maggy's Movie Reviews

Post by Agent Meister »

Its a good movie I like it!