U.M.'s gripe of the day

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

That's my point exactly, if they report on today's events, including updates on important topics such as the war, or the senate hearings, it would be much better to watch.
Dinobot 1

Post by Dinobot 1 »

yeah i agree, i think thats why alot of people have stopped watching the news over the years, i was reading somewhere that just in the last 10 years daily news viewings (television) has gone down close to 40%

(not counting when things like 9-11 happened where everyone was tuned in kind of things)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I think the gov't has a bit of a hand in it too, they don't want every naughty thing they get caught doing getting plastered on national TV. Personally, i like the "olds"... which is why i watch history channel. my dad is a news watcher, so he tells me the important stories.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

I really just prefer to read it in the paper, myself. Trying to watch our local news is
unbearable--there are commercial breaks every three to five minutes, and that's not an exaggeration. Plus, they may say something like "coming up at 4:30," but by the time you get through all the ads and other guff, it's actually nearer to six before they show the story. That alone has pretty much turned me off watching it--I want my news straight away. I don't care to be lured.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I would love a local paper, just not my local paper. My paper has extreme political party leanings and does not report news as much as propaganda.

It's views have not changed in the past 30 years, and is not likely to anytime soon.
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

I have a cripe I like to vent a bit if I can. I work for the state of Illinois,USA well they seems not to be able to agree on a budget(cause some are trying to sneak extra stuff in including a 6% raise for themselves.Anyways if it keeps up, well today is the last day all State Police and Correctional Officers will not get paid but have to keep working,and all other state workers just stay home.Well I will be one of the people that have to go to work and not get paid,and I have two kids,and alot of bills.I just wish these people would for once think about the working class,and stop worrying about what group can get one over on each other grrrrrrrrrrrr.Anyways it hasn't happen yet but its getting close.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

That's terrible, Shockwave. :( I don't know what to say except that I hope it works out ... and keep us updated?
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I, too, offer deepest wishes of a better tomorrow.

I have always said that if you want to royally mess something up, you need the help of the government.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Tonight, the final gripe.

It has come to the point that this thread may be a bit too much for boards. This is not necessarily the place for this thread, and I may continue this elsewhere. Perhaps as a blog, perhaps in my own personal journals (offline). I may even try to get published somewhere. Afte all this was a "get to know me" kinda thing, and I think everyone has had their chance on that! After all, how many newer users have come in since me?

In the meantime, I have one final gripe. And that will be to gripe aboput some of the things I haven't griped about yet. This will not be a formal, detailed gripe, just a list of things that bug me. Some of them were to be future gripes, some I deemed not right for this forum (the more political ones, I still won't touch religion with a ten foot pole).

What are those things on the end of my shoelaces called? They do have a name.

So, what is it with over the phone customer service wanting to give
you the wrong answer instead of looking it up?

Did the President really just say that, and does he think we will believe it?

The Vice President is in contempt of congress.

My wife's knees are held together with a vicegrip.

Why won't the kids go to sleep?

How can you make a judgement call on an author without reading the book?

If they only made a .... that worked.

Why am I so dog gon cheap?

If I were to join the Republican Party, would I have to leave my brain at the door, too?

If at first you don't succeed, just give up...the message we are giving our children.

Comics are pretty bad these days.

I you could do it all over again, would it really be worth it?

The longer I delay, the better it gets.

This was just a sampling of items that I have started the wheels rolling on or stuck me feet into the gorund and resisted as much as possible. I have enjoyed providing this thread. For those that adreed with me on it, I thank you. For those that disagreed, I respect your opinions.

For my final complaint: I will miss sharing these thoughts with you guys, but by no means start to believe you are done with my opinions yet. ;)