U.M.'s gripe of the day

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

U.M.'s gripe of the day

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Hey again all! I know I have been gone for a week now. Sorry I will not let it happen again. ;)

I am creating this thread so as to let you guys into my mind a bit more, without completely de-railing the get it off your chest thread. I am a grumpy bastich that has way too much free time on my hands, so I thought what better use of my time as to point out the things I view as wrong with society as a whole.

You are more than welcome to read this, avoid it at all costs, or reply if you want. Your replies will most likely not change my mind on most things though. I'm pretty stubborn. So, sit back and enjoy the ride.

So my first topic:

My mother-in-law is about as sharp as a bag full of bowling balls. She comes over, gets the minicons all riled up (running and screaming and playing way too roughly in the house), and then starts screaming at them for not behaving. I almost kicked her out of the house last night for such behavior. The little ones were already pretty hyper due to the fact that it was the last day of school and whatnot. Then she gets the bright idea to start a little fake slap fight with them. Then all of a sudden, someone got hurt (imagine that). She ended up breaking a nail on one of thier shoulders or toys or something. Then she went off the deep end when the boys didn't realize she was serious when she squealed for them to stop, as she had been telling them to stop all along as part of the game.

The only thing harder to comprehend than a woman's mind, is this woman's lack of a mind.

Tune in tomorrow for my take on Father's Day. ;)
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Welcome back Ultra Magnus.

I have the same problem, my little man goes round to his grandparents and my dad won't tell him off. So when he comes back here he is as hyper
as a Sharkticon at feeding time!! Then it is down to me and his mum to settle him down. Which makes us the bad guys as we are not letting him run roughshod all over the place. So I totally understand what you are up against Magnus.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Actually, Megs, it is not that she gets them all riled up. It is that she gets upset at them every time she gets them there. For some reason, in her mind, it is perferctly reasonable to expect a 5 year-old to have an off button, after she has charged his batteries. :/
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

You know, being the too-young-for-mother-in-laws-or-kids guy on the forum isn't that bad. I went to Marshfield and bought Transformers today, enough to make any wife want to string a man up. Fwaha! Though, I know what you mean. My sister is 8 years younger than me, and just doesn't know when to stop. Mother doesn't say a peep about it, but when I finally get fed up enough to shove sister out my door, then all the sudden someone's on my case about being a mean tyrant. Tyrant! Hah! I'm sure our resident professional here can attest that I am far from being a licensed tyrant.
Commander Megatron

Time Traveller wrote: Tyrant! Hah! I'm sure our resident professional here can attest that I am far from being a licensed tyrant.
That I can. :wink:
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Ok, on to today's topic: Father's Day

Don't get me wrong, I quite enjoy Father's Day. Even if it wasn't a garauntee of a mid-year gift, I enjoyed showing my dad how much I loved him before he passed.

I do however have a big problem with the stores, restaurants, and kindergarden teachers.

Stores? Ever notice how how many snazzy little gadgets find their way to right in front of the cash register in mid June? The one-cup coffee maker (like anyone would want ONE CUP ONLY), the sunvisor with the tiny built in fan, the milkshake maker all get their time in the sun. Things simply to throw kids off, and force a papa to fake a grin and lie bold face to his kids to save their feelings. The day after Mother's Day, I drop hints like there is no tomorrow. My wife rolls her eyes @ this practice, but she has no idea how hard it is to get the kids looking in the right direction for her. They have in the past wanted to get her vaccuums, toasters, and pink (her least favorite color) outfits, as she is a girl. This also saves her the trouble of picking anything herself. This year there were 15 item hints dropped knowing that only two (one from each boy) would be needed. It gave the boys many perfect ideas, and still left room for their own personalities to shine (another factor considered in the hints I dropped.. would Dylan want to share this gift with me?). But of course, the stores tried to steer them the exact wrong way.

The Restaurants? Every Steakhouse in the area has been advertising how they are the perfect place to go for Dad's day. Some go so far as give a grill away raffle style, to send home pamphlets through the kids report cards (and if they had honor-roll, include a free kids meal*), and tell us on TV that it is not a good Father's Day without a visit to them. Would you believe that not a single one would accept a reservation for today? Even with this, the one that sent home the Father's Day invite, and free kids meal* for my oldest mini-con, hed the nerve to post a sign on their hostess stand that they were not honoring any coupons or discounts? I asked the hostess of the particularly empty restaurant (at least 7 tables empty @ 1:30 pm) if that sign meant to omit the kid's meal that my son had earned, and had come with an invite for Father's Day, and was the only true form of advertisement that made him insist on me eating there with him. She assured me it did not as they expected such large crowds and wait times (reminder empty tables right after church on Father's Day where they were giving away a grill). Now, don't get me wrong, I love a big hunk of cow flesh as much, if not more-so than the next guy, and will most likely be firing up the grill myself in a few moments, but I did take this as a slap in the face. I got down to my son's eye level and started talking in a loud enough voice for many tables to hear. I told my son, that it seemed the place was trying to scam him into the idea that I would love him more if he brought me here, but this was not true. I also told him that they pretended to care about his hard work all year long in school, but they did not. I told him that if he really wanted to make me happy, we should go instead to some place the *HE* would be happy. We went two blocks down to the all you can eat pizza place instead (the one with macaroni & cheese pizza). We ate pizza, we played video games... I even ate a *shudder* salad. We mixed all the different sodas out of the fountain into one cup, we laughed and had a good time. Most of the other families in thier were those with single mom's but we had a much better Father's Day lunch than that silly steakhouse ever could have provided.

Kindergarden teahcers???!!! Ok, in May, both of my boys came home w/ construction paper cards, and little clay models of flowers, and poems etc., about how wonderful Mothers were. What did my 5-year-old bring home? BUPKISS** From what I understand, this is due to the high # of kids living w/ single moms in that class. Michael's teacher has been the most wonderful thing to enter his life in a long time. She was patient to a fault, caring to no end, and wonderful beyond no means. But where the eff is my effing clay ashtray/remote caddy???!!! I get one day a year, and this woman can break off a piece of play-dough because some of my son's classmates are truly little bastards***?

So, to sum it all up. Love your kids, hate the hype.

Tune in tomorrow for a new topic: Why did I get Dungeons & Dragons: the complete anitmated series?

*with purchase of adult meal
**Not the world famous Chicago Bear
***Children born out of wedlock
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Well, it made me smile to read your story about your dinner w/ the minicon. My dad and I have a lot of the same interests, so we have fun together on all such holidays.
As for children without fathers, I think people largely fail to recognize there are children without mothers too. Though, it's alarming that there is such a skewed amount in your son's class!
I don't know what you're going to say in your next rant, but, for the record, a D&D buddy of mine bought me the entire series on VHS off dumb-bay for a joke b-day present (don't worry, he didn't spend too much on it ;)). We watched, and, as any experienced campaigner would, laughed.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Why did I get Dungeons & Dragons: the complete animated series?

First of all, I loved this show as a kid, and have greatly enjoyed sharing the first two disks of the set with my minicons. Sure, it is filled with some Reagan era cheese, but it is rather well conceived considering its competition @ the time.

Some great accomplishments of this show are that it brought fantasy to the eyes, ears, and minds of yet another generation of Tolkein fans. It took the Filmation Studios stranglehold off of CBS Saturday morning, and strengthened Marvel Animation studios. (Filmation only was able to produce one decent series after this, and then went the way of the dinosaur.) And it gave us Cullen, as one of the most powerful beings in the Universe, and Welker as a silly creature that was seemingly added for comic relief (sounds just like transformers ;) ).

So why am I upset that I have it? I am not, but it is the circumstances that lead to it.

As mentioned in yesterday's topic, I dropped quite a few hints as to proper Father's Day gifts. It has been a tradition for me to receive a DvD of something from my childhood, that I can share with my minicons. This year, I did not pass a copy of Transformers: the movie, without saying how nice it would be to have this to share. I explained to my sons some of the sad, and happy things that happened in the film. And, on the top of the list of DvD's was this movie.

When my wife went out with the boys last week, to purchase my gifts, it seems (per the guy at Best Buy), that just like any other TF toys during the release of the Movie toys, TF the movie as well as any seasons of the cartoons were ordered to be removed from the shelves. Seemingly Hasbro really has no idea what they are doing. There is quite a bit of buzz around the new film. You would think that they would realize, folks are going to want to put their hands on as much merch as possible. But, no, everything must be called off.

Of course, this means that in a few weeks/months, there will be re-releases with special tie-ins to the new movie, but so what? Yes, I can hold my horses for a couple of months, but we were looking forward to this as an occasion. Otherwise, I would have just grabbed one when I picked up classics voyager Prime. I wanted the experience with my family.

I do not see the logic behind the other generations of Transformers blackouts, nor do I understand the retailers agreeing with the decisions (yes the exclusive edition has a powerful hold). When the new movie comes out on DvD, I am sure Walmart will have the 2-pack with the soundtrack, Best Buy will have the edition that comes with an abbreviated version of the Transformer Universe collected bio's book, and Target will have one that has either the 1986 animated Movie or a compilation disk of the storylines of the animated shows (similar to that steaming pile that was offered with the classics Megs v/s Prime two pack). But come on, is this not bordering on the absurd now?

So, I am going back to the living room, and I am going to start disk 3 of D&D, and I am going to enjoy sharing it with them....

But it ain't got the touch, and it ain't got the power. :cry:

Tomorrow's topic: The Disabled.
Commander Megatron

Careful what you say here Ultra Magnus....... Remember try not to upset the masses.....

the statement about children born out of wedlock..... I doubt that anyone who has children born out of wedlock will appreciate you calling them "little bastards" granted you are entitled to your opinion but I dare say Phil (Rodimus Prime who has a daughter,) and myself (who has two sons born out of wedlock) will not appreciate you calling them that. Again I know it wasn't directed at Daniel,Carter or Phil's daughter, but as a whole. You are relatively new here so get to know us all a bit better before making any harsh statements. Also before you say anything about the disabled think about it. I have a few friends who are disabled I would hate to think that you would have anything untoward to say about them.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Commander Megatron wrote:Careful what you say here Ultra Magnus....... Remember try not to upset the masses.....

Another thing I want to say, the last little statement about children born out of wedlock..... I doubt that anyone who has children born out of wedlock will appreciate you calling them "little bastards"
http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bastard

Please note the first definition of the word bastard. I am sorry if you or anyone else was offended, but in this case, I was using the term in its actually denotation, not a connotation the was given to it over time. This is the reason for the stars next to the word. It gave the reader a clue that I was not refering to the kids in my son's class as annoying creatures, but as those born out of wedlock only. Also, I am sure that both you and Phil are much better fathers than those of the children in my son's class that caused an overall avoidance of the subject of Father's Day.

As for what is slated for today's topic, I was prepared to discuss my disability, the fact that I had insurance set up to take over in just such an instance as this, and the system being set up so that I seemingly placed the money instead of towards that insurance, into the sewer for all the good it did me. If you feel this not a good idea, I will surely not post the topic. Also, if my above explination is not sufficient, for my previous post, then please let me know, and it will be editted.
Commander Megatron

I know what it means, it doesn't, make it any less hurtful. I don't see my first born son because his mother won't let me see him. You don't have to edit the post its ok.

Feel free to start your next gripe.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I am sorry that you have to face such a struggle. My oldest was also born out of wedlock, but I have married his mother, and do not know how I would face the day if he were not part of my life. From the sound of it, you would do everything in your power to make things different. I also get this same impression from what I have read in these forums from and about you. I do not envy your lot in life at this time, and am impressed by the courage it must take just to face a new day.

Cheers mate, and hopefully time will heal the wound between you and her enough that things can be different.
Commander Megatron

Thankyou Ultra Magnus, you have earned my utmost respect. I am humbled by your kind words and you are of course correct, there is not a day that passes that I don't think of him. As for seeing him well, I got news that his mother would let him come when he is older if he asked questions about me. Time will tell. His birthday is the 6th of July he will be 6 years old. the last time I seen him he was 2. :cry:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I just wanted to let you guys know i appreciate how smoothly you guys just worked out a misunderstanding. When i first started reading recent posts here, i thought "uh-oh..." but as i read on, my fears were allayed by the sensitivity and reasonability with which the discussion carried through.

Magnus, rather than the proposed topic, why not change it to a rant about "Insurance"? I'm sure anyone who's had to have any kind of health insurance, etc. could get in on that, even me... I had an dear death experience on 6/6/06, and it required me to have an emergency heart surgery. A time like that, and my insurance tried to hang me out to dry! Slagging insurance companies.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Ok, on to todays topic. No this was never meant as a slam towards the disabled. Perhaps I need to choose my titles a bit more carefully. :oops:

As I stated previously, and what might seem fairly obvious with the varying times I am free to post, and my transposing of words, and blatant poor spelling at times, I have a disability that affects my cognitive functions, my motor skills and some other aspects of life. I have an acute early onset of a condition called Meniere's Disease. My symptoms are extremely atypical on top of this. Too make a long story short, my hearing is leaving me, my balance centers are wonky to say the least (forcing me to now walk with a cane), my mind is in a perpetual fog, and unexpected and/or high pitched noises are like an icepick to the head. Before you start to feel pity for me, stop. I am okay with this. These things happen.

There are a few things that have made the situation worse. First is the American Medical Association. I first presented with syptoms of this disease at the age of 18. This is the first time I developed dizzyness so bad that I had a falling attack. Malnutrition was blamed as I was 5'11" and weighed 150 lbs. I was told to gain weight. I eat like a horse, and always have (which is why I am no longer 150 lbs :D ). However I kinda brushed this off and went about my daily life. After all, I was 18, and still feeling rather invulnerable at the time. Through the following years, I would have times wear I would get dizzy for little to no reason, my left ear would feel completely stopped up, and I would temporarily lose hearing in that ear. I visited doctors multiple times for this, in fact other than my appendix bursting when I was 30, and two cases of pnuemonia, the only times I remember being ill, was when this was happening. What I thought may have been the flu seemingly was caused by my equilibrium being thrown off, and a basic attack of extreme motion sickness. However, when I brought up my ear pressure, and the other symptoms to my Primary Care Physician, it was laughed of as sinus pressure. I was placed on decongestants, and sent on my way. Note, mind you, when the doc listened to my lungs/breathing, there was no signs of wheezing, or any fluid build ups. Only about 1 in every 10 visits did I even have a runny nose. The attacks came more and more frequently, and as of last fall were happening so frequentlythat I was missing at least 3 days a month from work due to nausea.

It was 14 and a half years before a doctor from another practice even mentioned Meniere's (This was Januaryof this year). It was a passing mention, and she also wanted me to try decongestants first, as I am way too young to have this disorder. So, when I came home, I looked up Meniere's and found that the symptoms were an exact match for what I had been going through. The next morning, I called the doctor's office,
I told the nurse that I wanted to proceed with testing for Meniere's as I have been battling this for some time now. At this point the nurse told me that I needed to continue on the decongestants as they needed time to run their course. She also mentioned that I would need to come back to have my ears cleaned as I had some impacted ear wax???? I questioned this, as the doc had said nothing about this the previous day. She assured me that she knew what she was talking about. She and the doctor were professionals. Come to find out, the ear wax thing was where she had been reading a chart from another patient the enitre time. I followed their instructions with the decongestants though as I had veen told, until 3 nights later. I had another attack so bad that when I stood up to make the run for the restroom (due to nausea), I actually lost conciousness from the dizzyness. I was rushed to the emergency room, and I was recommended to see an ENT specialist the next day for my ear drum to be punctured, and fluid to be drained.

I visited the ENT, described my symptoms and the incident and the doctor immediately said it was menieres. He also said that many American treatments were pure hoo-doo, and surgery was to risky at this point (anytime before my hearing is completely lost in that ear). I attmepted to continue working and an extremely low sodium diet, and a few medications for the sea-sickness during attacks, however the attacks kept coming with greater frequency and intensity. Then the attacks started with the right ear in mid-February.

At this point, the doc had no choice but to put me on the sidelines. He could no longer allow me to work, as it presented a danger to me. I also had to completely give up driving, as essentially when the attacks come, at best I might be feeling a similar sensation to being so drunk I have the spins, at worst, I suffer similar to that of a small stroke. Okay, this is my cross to bare, once again, please no "I am sorry for what you are going through." The major downside to all of this is how long I had gone through this before diagnosis. The specialist told me in no uncertain terms that had this been caught even 8 months previous, it would not have gotten this bad. So essentially, every doctor I saw for 14 years caused this.

So, for the first time since I was 14 years old, am was not working. I filed the paperwork with my insurance company, and am still waiting 4 months later for the approval of benefits. The main reason that they are not honoring my claim is the lack of pain. It is the position of the company that if work does not cause physical pain, that I am not disabled. There is also the fact that I was not in some kind of accident or some other life changing event that caused this that makes them second guess my claim. I have seen at the request of the insurance company 4 more specialist, including a cardiologist, a neurologist, and 2 more ENT's, all of whom say that surgery will not work, and there is no way for more to function in a normal routine any longer.

I am still waiting for my first payment, from a policy that was set up 6 years ago, paid faithfully, and was in place for just this kind of event. According to other members of my disability support group, this is just par for the course. Even those that did suffer life changing events, even one who lost a limb, no payments are coming any time soon.

This is in America. The only (to the best of my knowledge) Western, industrialized country that does not have a socialized health care program. A country that scoffs at politicians that endorse health care reform, stating that they might as well be communists. A country that is ranking #1 in quite a few technology based fields (and consumption of said technologies), but ranks just above some 3rd world nations in medicine. Meanwhile we can easily get 5 different types of "male performance enhancement" medication.

All I have to say is WTF?

Tomorrow's topic: One third of all americans cannot be that stupid.

*Once again, the point of this post was not to draw sympathy, but hopefully outrage.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

One third of all Americans cannot be that stupid. At least I hope they are not stupid, because I agree with them. What are they saying? I do not like Katie Couric.

I personally do not see anything wrong with her as a person, other than her attitude towards parenting (which seemingly to her is best left to paid professionals). I do have a problem with what she represents in the media.

Of course, this could be considered a slam against the media as a whole. But, I blame Katie. When she was made anchor of the Today show, it was still a 2 hour program, where the first hour was devoted to news, and the second to fashion/entertainment/cooking/fluff pieces. Now it is a 3 hour show, where 2 minutes are devoted each half hour to actual news (politics/world events/the war we started/etc.), and 90% of the time we break right into a story that does not in any way shape the world. We get to hear about how much Paris is suffering, or Mel Gibson's latest tirade, or we get to find out whether or not that blonde girl is still dead in Aruba (I swear, they had another story on that just this week, even though she disappeared 2 years ago!). This is all within the first half hour of the show, which is now 3 hours of brain-numbing garbage. Now she is trying to make the CBS evening news lighter and friendlier. :x

Of course the cable "All-news" channels are no better. Two weeks ago during that entire Paris got out after three days thing, one of the "news" channels was airing live coverage of the car that Paris was returning to jail in for two whole hours. Meanwhile, they inturrupted (not taking the camera off of the car) to say that someone was being fired from the Justice Department over that entire U.S. Attorney firing scandal, and if time permitted after the Paris story they would bring you all of the details!!! Of course, at the moment I paused on the channel to read the ticker to see if I could at least read a bit of anything that might be important in the world, they did not turn down the mic's on scene for me to be able to hear whom the announcer mentioned. Luckily I have the internet, and can search for real news.

It seems that we are being force fed into a "wine & circuses" lifestyle (and yes I realize the irony of picking a forum on a site devoted to cool action figures to say this. :oops: ). Isn't this what caused the fall of the Roman Empire, and for the matter, the British Empire when you think about it?

So, yes, I hate Katie Couric. She may not be the one, or only one responsible for why it is impossible to make educated, informed decisions these days, but I hope she burns in hell for her part in it.

She is kinda sexy though, in a cutesey, M.I.L.F.-y kinda way.

Tomorrow's Topic: It just isn't funny anymore.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

yesterday's topic: I concur completely. after my incident about this time last summer, i really wonder what insurance is even for. They can all stick it in their reactor linkage.
today's topic: Couric and Paris, as well of most of the general population, can also stick it in their reactor linkage. I'm surprised more ditzy celebrities don't get assassinated.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

It isn't funny anymore.

When my oldest son was finally old enough to play board games, I of course would stack the deck or miscount my moves to let him win. It was so proud a moment for him, and my wife and I would quietly chuckle to ourselves. When his younger brother reached 4 we started letting him play along. My oldest still won every time. We of course stopped stacking the deck for the older boy, and started pushing for the younger to win, but somehow through the grace of the creator, my eldest still won.

So, we started playing the younger games like Candyland, Trouble, and Chutes & Ladders with the exclusively youngest, and either my wife or I would exclusively play more mature games with the elder. This way my youngest gets to win some time.

However, as we no longer let my eldest win, I have noticed a strange turn of fortune. Let's say for instance he and I are playing Uno. Every time the cards are dealt, he will always get *at least* one "wild draw 4" card. Also in his hand will be at least two "skips" or "draw two's" and usually his hand is comprised of 3 colors at the most. My hand alternatively will be all 4 of the colors, with an assorment of low #'s. I rarely beat him, and it is slim chance that I will. In Sorry, he gets more of the "Sorry" cards (Knock your opponent back to start) than the law should allow. He usually already has 3 pieces home before I can get one in there. Don't even get me started on Battleship (which I rule at when playing anyone else). I swear, I had to pull out the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit, where you had to have read the novels to know most answers so I could win anything against him.

Now you may think I am petty, for being jealous of a 7 year olds game playing abilities, but I have good reason. From what I understand, he is this lucky when he plays games at school as well. When we went to his school carnival this year, he even won the raffle for the huge gift pack of art supplies. This being the case, the boy doesn't lose in one-on-one competition. Never. If he plays a team game, he always has the out of his team mates not being up to snuff. Part of the reason that kids games are made is that kids need a healthy boost to their self-esteem from time to time (from winning), but they also need to know the AGONY OF DEFEAT!!!!

How is he ever going to learn how to deal with loss, especially those that we as adults face on nearly a day to day basis? How can he learn to overcome his defeats? How can he learn from his mistakes? The boy needs to lose. (Yes, he even is doing well on his report cards, and already doing math, and reading above his grade level).

I am not saying he is a super genius (and I am not saying that he isn't either :P ), but he is definitely a tactician, and the luckiest one I have ever seen. I am actually at the point where I have considered stacking the deck against a couple of times. I haven't yet, but I have considered it.. you know... for his own good (and not because it is driving me nuts when I lose, I swear).

This time I might actually be asking for help. I really don't know if I should cause him to lose, or allow him to keep winning.

One thing is for sure. In a couple of years, I am eager to start pen and paper rp'ing with him, as losses can be the descretion of the GM, and when he turns 21 we are GOING TO VEGAS!!!!

Tomorrow's Topic: Fun and Fluffy Friday.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

However, you can't arbitrarily hit him with CR 20's, lest he lose interest in the game. I run a D&D campaign up at school, and one of my players is brilliant, power-hungry, and incredibly ADHD. Talk about agony of defeat. Despite that, the campaign has run solid for 3 years now.
As for your son, I'd say increase the stakes... and the ad-Hoc difficulty... gradually. Not only will he lose now and then, but it will also force him to get better. More creative, innovative, and skilled... so he can learn how to win hard situations when it really counts. Just remember to enforce the golden rule of gaming... have fun!
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

That may be the problem, he only has fun when he is winning. Even if someone starts to seemingly catch up, he starts getting tense, and rather un-sportsman like. This is why I am considering stack the decks against him. I think he would benefit from a healthy losing streak.

Anyway, on to fun and fluffy Friday. I figure that since I spend most of the week looking for things to whine about, I can afford one night to share something I actually kinda like. So Friday is that day!

Tonight: The Footlong Meatball Sub!

I had to work long hours to find a good recipe for a low sodium marinara, and sub roll, but after compiling a database of at least 15 different on-line sites, and 7 different cookbooks, and a local health food grocery that has low sodium provolone, I finally was able to mix and match ebough to find a meatball sub recipe the is comparable to one from subway. Sure an F.B.I.* would laugh at me for it, and spit it out upon tasting it, and it takes about 8 hours to make, but I am so in heaven when I have the end results.

I can now watch a race, or ball-game in the same fashion that I could before I was diagnosed. Let's be honest also. It is a perfect meal. You have veggies and dairy, grains, and protein. So, I never have to feel guilty for it. BTW, I am making a double batch tomorrow!!! :)

* Full Blooded Italian