Invite for G1 to vent their frustrations at the new movie

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Ok, I have now seen it a second time and have to say that my original feelings about the Michael Bay-ness of the movie hold true. 2 minutes of action because, after all, in an hour or two, we might need a plot...30 minutes of subplot..2 minutes of action 40 mintues of subplot..Finally, a robot on robot fight, which we don't get to see, as we see the comic relief scuffle instead...40 more minutes, at least 10 of which are actually devoted to ther main plot, and finally another robot on robot fight.. 15 more minutes, and one huge fight at the end.

This is a great formula, if you are a Michael Bay movie fan. As for me, when I think of the Bay, I think of the smell of dead fish!!!

Edit to add: For a more complete breakdown of my feelings, if you have seen the movioe already (this means stay out, Mark!), see the Movie Spoiler, Do you like it thread!
Last edited by Ultra Magnus on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

Well I called into work to see the Movie,and I thought it was good,I am sure there will be a second one,but over all a good movie.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I hate to say it Magnus, but did you even transform in the original movie? ;)
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I was just expecting a movie with a bunch of Transformers, and some humans thrown in. Not a movie about a bunch of humans, with a few Transformers thrown in!
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

[quote="Ultra Magnus"Edit to add: For a more complete breakdown of my feelings, if you have seen the movioe already (this means stay out, Mark!), see the Movie Spoiler, Do you like it thread![/quote]

I will Ultra Magnus, I have already been warned by Arcee as well. :wink:
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

Don't worry the 2nd Movie,and trust me there will be there will be alot more TF,s and some huge battles.This movie reminds me of x-men,first one good the 2nd one really good.
Smokescreen
Minispy

Post by Smokescreen »

I saw the movie last saturday. Im pleased that it went for 2.5 hours, i didnt get bored at all, bumblebee kix a$$. The only thing i found a little irritating was a cuple of the fight were a little to frantic dus to the closeness of the camera to the action ( hard to see whats goin on i mean ) But that did add a little more suspense to the scenes anyway so im not realy complaining. Oh and TT, magnus did transorm in the original movie, i think in autobot city before springer and arcee transform the city :lol:
Commander Megatron

Magnus Transforms twice. He arrives in transporter form then turns to robot to talk to Perceptor and Springer and ther rest. Dishes out his orders then Transforms back to truck mode and leves with Blurr to "Alert the others"
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

It doesn't matter if I get to see someone transform, if my movie dollar is spent to see big robots involved in battles. As long as I get to see the big robots, that is.
Commander Megatron

A bit of a swipe at the new movie there Magnus?
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I swear, I have no clue what you mean by that, Megatron. ;)

I mean if someone were to make a two and a half hour long movie called the Transformers, you would just think they would have the transformers on screen as much as possible....

Why do you think that my words would have a deeper meaning? :oops:
Commander Megatron

Ultra Magnus wrote: As long as I get to see the big robots, that is.
I got the impressin that you felt you didn't see enough of the tfs. Having not yet graced the movie with my presence I cannot pass judgement. But believe me.....I will.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

[sarcasm] No, Megatron, the new snazzy Michael Bey movie left me feeling overwhelmed by how much the tf's were on the screen. He may actually need to cut that back, if he wants to do a sequel[/sarcasm]

(In other words :wink: means I do not necessarilly mean what was in that last sentence)
Commander Megatron

lol!!! This time nexty week and I will be on my way back from the cinema after seeing it. I have a feeling I am going to be a little disappointed. :(
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

You wont :wink:
ThreeD

Post by ThreeD »

galvatron wrote:You wont :wink:
I agree with galvatron... You WILL NOT be disappointed! AWESOME movie! People just nitpick too much. Simple as that. :)
Commander Megatron

Galvatron/Three D you have put my mind at rest, thanks!
Smokescreen
Minispy

Post by Smokescreen »

Yeah its good. Definately something ive been waiting to see. It re-kindled my dormant interest in TF's and the cast was good. By the the way thanx is due to Arcee for my awesome avatar
Commander Megatron

That is an excellent avatar Arcee. Smokescreen are you going to get a signature as well?
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Overall I loved the movie too, but I have to agree with what was once though to be Magnus's comment (good to meet you Magnus and anyone else who I haven't been introduced to yet). Anyway, I didn't feel there were enough TFs in the movie, in particular Decepticons. Now don't get me wrong, the humans are amazing in the movie especially the marine guys, but I really wish the Decepticons hadn't just been all like "Grrrr we're Decepticons, we try to kill you and we have no personality." That's my whole gripe, the only thing.