TT's Wheels

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

TT's Wheels

Post by Time Traveller »

Yes, and my vehicle shell (ala Ultra Pretenders). It is a 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT, red with silver trim and tan interior, spoiler, 2.8L V6, power windows and locks, rack and pinion steering (not powered!), pop-up headlights (gotta love 'em!), and three buckets of fun.
Disclaimer: I am not a rich kid, this is not a rich kid car. I show these pictures because the car is important to me, and I have invested a lot of time and effort into it. I'm not trying to brag, just to share something I enjoy! OK, read on 8)
First, I made some noise.
Fiero, in a low gurgling idle
Wind it up! Still parked, though.
Now this next one has some scratches and jitters, as I was trying to hold the camera (I later extracted these sounds from video), steer, and shift, with only two hands. With that in mind, here's a 0-60, nice an' easy (no redline shifting) Fiero Sixties!
And lastly, a host of pictures to put a face to the name:
Fiero Gallery
And if you have a problem with any of this tomfoolery, you can kiss my
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Sweet ride TT.
I wicked want a Camaro now cos of BB in the movie, lol! (just gotta pass my test first)

If I had your car I would get the rear spoiler painted Yellow and flames on the hood! Go Hot Rod!
Commander Megatron

Post by Commander Megatron »

Rodimus Prime wrote:Go Hot Rod!
Go Hotrod!!!!?

Oh dear...
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

That is wicked nice. Love it. :)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Haha. The car is all original, about 90k original miles. I'm trying to keep a stock look to it, since the GT's aren't all that common. Someday, i'd like to get a tired old regular fiero, gut it, and put a Northstar V8 with nitrous under the decklid. If you do it right, you can get a 10 second quarter mile :P Thanks for the compliments, i'm so proud of my baby. I'm going to do a little buffing on it and take it to a local show today.
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

nice car TT, did you put a transform option also in it? :lol:
the fiero is actually one of the cars that can be seen in europe
but yours has a nice two tone on it wich i haven't seen yet
keep enjoying it i'd say
The past is the greatest teacher
Commander Megatron

Yes TT enjoy it. How did you get on at the show?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

It was a very small show, only a dozen and a half cars. Not too many spectators. My "Big" show is during the town fair in August, "Flambeau-rama" (the river we live on is the Flambeau). This show is big enough to be divided into classes. My car is in the 2-Dr Sports cars, '68-now class. I have one main foe: an '05 Corvette, Maroon, that has stolen first from me two years in a row. It is frusterating, because while I know the labors of working on an old car, anyone can drive a car like his right off the lot! Matter of fact, there were three other 'vettes JUST LIKE HIS parked on the street, they just didn't enter. It's been a while since i've seen another Fiero GT around these parts...So. This year you should all come and visit that weekend, we can play with transformers, then vote for me so I can finally defeat lazy Corvette guy!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

The Fiero always caught my attention as a kid, however I remember a Popular Mechanics issue stating this was a tough car to fix. I am no expert in mechanics, how do you think it is, Ben?

Still, it's a classy ride, I'm glad to see more people appreciating older cars. I'm a pedestrian, but if I ever get a car, it will be from the 70s or alike.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Many GM vehicles aren't built to be worked on by human hands, and the Oil filter is in an awkward spot, but overall it's not THAT bad.... We've done lots of little fixes on it, just fine.
Commander Megatron

If I could drive my car would be a Volvo T-5 estate, with all the trimmings. *Drooling all over the keyboard*
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Arcee wrote:That is wicked nice.
Heheh, you can take the girl out of Boston, but you can't take the Boston out of the girl! ;)

But, then again, the ca iz wikid aww-sum!
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Ultra Magnus wrote:Heheh, you can take the girl out of Boston, but you can't take the Boston out of the girl! ;)
LOL. Ultra Magnus, that is "wicked pissah!" :lol: :P
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

you guys are ridiculous. but i love it all the same :P
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

Time Traveller wrote:My "Big" show is during the town fair in August, "Flambeau-rama" (the river we live on is the Flambeau).
Do you live in Park Falls? Before my Dad died he built a log home on the farm where he grew up on the boarder of Fifield and Park Falls. I used to go up there every other summer with him. The house he built (which now belongs to my sister) is at the end of Boyer road. Are you familiar with that area? Small world!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Holy crap, no kidding! Yeah, I live in PF. I've been past Boyer Rd. but i'm not intimately familiar with it. You should stop around some time to "visit your sister"
Boba Fett

Post by Boba Fett »

Sweet ride! You should get some custom plates with a cool name on it, unless you already do of course.

Is that a real lambo in there? Ive seen a few fieros that were stripped down and made into kit cars of Lambos and feraris, still look sweet at a fraction of the price! I'm sure its a world of headaches building though.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Yeah, it's real. That's the car i PLAN on owning. my fiero's an oldie, so i have collector plates on it. no vanity plates... collector plates are way cheaper!
Thrust
City Commander

Post by Thrust »

My brother owned a fiero when I was young, I used to love to ride in it. Always thought he should give it to me. :D
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Go hit 'im up for it.