Questions about Dinobots

Come here to ask anything about the Transformers storyline, character bios, and more!
megaprime
Powermaster

Questions about Dinobots

Post by megaprime »

I remember there are some G1 cartoon episodes telling the story that Autobots and Decepticons fight against each other on both the earth and Cybertron because Decepticons plan to create Menasor while Autobots plan to create Superion to compete with Menasor. As we know, they have to get to the central computer on Cybertron in order to let the new Transformers have souls.
I also remember Autobots never go to Cybertron when Wheeljack is creating Dinobots. They simply collect some metal materials and start doing some engineering stuff. Then, all the Dinobots are successfully created, they can transform, and they have their own thoughts.
I have got totally confused. Do all the Transformers need the computer-looking Transformers creator to give them soul in the first place? If so, then how come Dinobots never need to go to Cybertron?
Who can explain it to us? Thanks in advance.
G1 Transformers,
the incredible creatures,
nothing else can be better,
WE LOVE THEM FOR EVER.
megaprime
Powermaster

?

Post by megaprime »

Oh, man. It's been a few days, and still nobody answered my question? You guys are professional Transformers fans, right? Come on! help me figure out the question!
G1 Transformers,
the incredible creatures,
nothing else can be better,
WE LOVE THEM FOR EVER.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Watch "S.O.S. DINOBOTS"
Wheeljack & Ratchet made the first 3 dinobots out of scratch inside and out.
The tool they used was some personallity thingy and it was a big mistake
The dinobots acted too primitive (of course) and Prime ordered the dinobots to be put away for good. Then Prime got into some kind of trouble and the dinobots were released and got new personallity thingy's and therefore saved the day.

"THE KEY TO VECTOR SIGMA"
This is the episode when the Decepticons steal a bunch of earth cars and cuts them up and makes the Stunticons. This is when the super computer is needed to create their personalities. Probably because the Decepticons don't have the technology or tools to make the personallity thingy's
The Autobots go to Cybertron to stop the Decepticons they come across some old Cyberton jets and since they are already there, they also use Vector Sigma to create 5 jets in Earthly jet form. But if they were on Earth they would have just made the jets the same way as the Dinobots but the Aerialbots would probably act as dumb as the Dinobots and more than likely not be able to fly very good.

To sum it all up my opinion is it just depends on where the cool tools are to do the job.
Plus the G1 cartoon was never good with continuation of origin.

It wasn't until season 3 that we find out that the Quintessons created all Transformers to be their slaves.

I hope this helps
I haven't watched the DVD's in a while
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

nor have i, but i recall the decepticons having to steal the power of the matrix somehow to pull it off. as for creation theories, i stand behind the comic's creation theory, i find the lack of primus a real downfall of the tv cosmology. then again, the tv shows were probably intended for a younger audience, whereas the comics could be appreciated by older fans, thus a deeper plot.
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

I'm a comic guy, rather than cartoons. In the comics, Shockwave comes to Earth during prehistory looking for the missing Transformers in the Ark. The Ark detects him and reconfigures some of the Autobots to resemble the dominant life forms at the time: Dinosaurs.
So, in Transformers, Les Claypool is God?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

right. and then they get mucked in boiling oil, right? i remeber the panel of ratchet hovering over the swamp on some platform thing.
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

Yeah, Shockwave throws the Dinobots into a tar pit during the fight. Before they sink, though, Slag knocks Shockwave from the cliff he's standing. Thus, the Dinobots sit in tar for 4 million years and Shockwave sits under a ton of rock.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

oh yeah, that's right. normally, i just delve into my archives and reread passages and such for this, but since i'm here at college, i don't have my goods here.
Shanti418
Powermaster

Post by Shanti418 »

Yeah, my G1 comics are at my parent's too. I actually cheated and looked up a comic summary at transfans.net.
Destiny's Child
Throttlebot

Post by Destiny's Child »

l luv the dinobots
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Then why don't you take a Dinobot name!!!!!!!
sto_vo_kor_2000
Alternator

Re: Questions about Dinobots

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

megaprime wrote:I remember there are some G1 cartoon episodes telling the story that Autobots and Decepticons fight against each other on both the earth and Cybertron because Decepticons plan to create Menasor while Autobots plan to create Superion to compete with Menasor. As we know, they have to get to the central computer on Cybertron in order to let the new Transformers have souls.
I also remember Autobots never go to Cybertron when Wheeljack is creating Dinobots. They simply collect some metal materials and start doing some engineering stuff. Then, all the Dinobots are successfully created, they can transform, and they have their own thoughts.
I have got totally confused. Do all the Transformers need the computer-looking Transformers creator to give them soul in the first place? If so, then how come Dinobots never need to go to Cybertron?
Who can explain it to us? Thanks in advance.
Ok while the way you worded your question was confuseing I think you are trying to figure out if Transformers need to be givven life by the super computer Vector Sigma.

Many fans have asked that question because they misunder stood what was said in the episodes that showed the creation of the Dinobots ,Aerilbots and the Stunticons.

The idea in the G1 toon only was that Transformer's were programed for life not givven life.

In the episode "The key to Vector Sigma" Megatron seeks to created a car group so he seeks out the super computer in the center of Cybertron that programed most Transformers for life.

He did this because none of his troups were smart enough to program a TF body for life.

On the other hand the Autobots did have Wheeljack that was capeble of programing life at some levels like he did the Dinobots.Althou they were not very advanaced thinkers.

Later when the Dinobot Grimlock gains super inteligence he programs the Technobots for life.
Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

Ok......... thickie here again :oops: Were the Dinobots actually more intelligent than they made out or were they just as dumb as they acted ?

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

I think Grimlock was the smartest of the bunch, Slag was a hot-head, Sludge was definitely a dummy, Swoop was average, but I can't remember your characters profile/intelligence! The G1 show's personas were written when they thought dinosaurs were plum-dumb, tho, :roll: ! We know now, quite the contrary, :wink:
Last edited by Sixshot on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

Snarl wrote:Ok......... thickie here again :oops: Were the Dinobots actually more intelligent than they made out or were they just as dumb as they acted ?
From CM's profiles data base
Commander Megatron wrote:GRIMLOCK

WEAPONS/ABILITIES
Grimlock is an intelligent and skilled military commander;

He does have slight speech impediment which makes opponents underestimate his intelligence, at their own cost.
:wink:
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Here's Snarl's profile from Megs, FYI:

SNARL

Primary Function:DESERT WARRIOR

Motto:"Only in war is there happiness."

BIO
Snarl often stays silent, biding his time unhappily. This loner prefers to let others handle the strategic side of warfare and considers it his job just to go wherever Grimlock tells him and fight. This makes him the Dinobot commanders favorite on the battlefield. Seperated from the beloved metallic plains of his homeworld and trapped with an alternate mode that he finds tragically hideous, Snarls sole respite and joy comes from being locked in do-or0die combat with the only thing he hates more than himself: the Decepticons.

WEAPONS/ABILITIES
Subject is already physically very strong. he is the fourth strongest Dinobotand is capable of increasing his strength capabilities even further. Panels on his back in both modes convert solar power into energy that augments his strength, making him ten times more powerful. In dino mode, he can even channel this energy through his tail into focused blasts. Even undeer non-augnmented circumstances, his tail can shatter a 20 square foot block of concrete with one swipe. Subjects armor is very dense and angled to be especially effective at deflecting misile fire. In robot mode, he wields an energo-blade,missile launcher and long range laser rifle.

WEAKNESSES
Subject sometimes forgets about his relative weakness without added solar power, which may lead him to bite off more tahn he can chew in combat. |His extreme loyalty to grimlockand unwillingness to think about strategy make him less effective without direct supervision.
Commander Megatron

Snarl often stays silent,

Yeah, sure she does!!! :lol:
Sixshot

Post by Sixshot »

Not our Snarl, :wink:
Commander Megatron

Definitely not ours!!
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

I do not know what you mean .................
ME SNARL JUST SAY WHAT ME THINK

Hee hee hee hee hee ...........
This loner prefers to let others handle the strategic side of warfare and considers it his job just to go wherever Grimlock tells him and fight. This makes him the Dinobot commanders favorite on the battlefield
:shock: :o
His extreme loyalty to grimlockand unwillingness to think about strategy make him less effective without direct supervision.
:shock:

I can think about how to fight ......................... thinking .................................thinking .......................... thinking ..................................................thinking ...........thin ....
Oh, to hell with it, thinking hurts show me a fight and I will join in :lol:

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL