Superion's proper configuration

Come here to ask anything about the Transformers storyline, character bios, and more!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Superion's proper configuration

Post by Time Traveller »

well, i find myself asking you guys the first question here, cus i'm stumped. as you know, most of the inter changeable or "standard" combiners have a classic configuration that is followed. i.e. brawl and swindle are always bruticus' legs, drag strip is always menasor's right arm, and groove is defensors right leg. however, i cannot find a nonconflicting template for superion. the box art shows fireflight and slingshot as arms, as does the cartoon. however, the comic books and transformers universe miniseries depicts air raid and skydive as the arms. searching online, dreamwave art shows skydive and slingshot as arms. being a perfectionist, i need to know. the one resource i don't have here is an orinigal combiner instruction book. what does it say? any other suggestions?
Chris
Decoy

Post by Chris »

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

THANK YOU SO MUCH.
that's what i wanted to see.
noones' replied to this forever, i thought i'd never find out. besides, i agree with the instructions' configuration; slingshot and fireflight make for wimpy arms.
megaprime
Powermaster

Wow

Post by megaprime »

Wow, it's really nice. I only got one Aerialbot. I wish I could have a complete Superion, since he is one of the major characters in G1 Transformers cartoon.
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
G1 Transformers,
the incredible creatures,
nothing else can be better,
WE LOVE THEM FOR EVER.
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

I know this old but after watching Scramble city all the combinders where able to switch around to increase certian powers,or thats what I understood it to be.So any combo is good I guess.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

interesting. i've never seen any JP cartoons, but i suppose it makes sense. i just try to display my combiners in a most recognizable, iconic configuration.
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

Also the combiners can combine with each other,it showed one of the Menasor's cars attach to Superion's leg and it was hurting him,this of course is from Scramble city.
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

What a decep joined with an auto! He should have crippled him the junk. TT I am :shock: that you didn't know that about superion
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

He did cripple him,Superion wasn't able to do anything,untill I think Prime shot the car off Superion's leg,and the jet reattach.Also the combiners were able to function without one arm.I guess when you get a chance to see Scramble City it will explain it better than I can, its really cool.
Commander Megatron

I will have a look for it at the weekend and watch it.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I wish there was subtitles or something so I can understand what in Cybertron was going on.

You know if there was a translation, someone could go through all the old episodes and find the character speak the same lines in English.
overdub the mix and place it over the audio of Scramble City.
If anyone tried this, they might end up with an English speaking Scramble City with original voices.
The sentences don't have to be exact but at least something close.
Commander Megatron

That sounds like a lot of hard work!! Does anyone know how to do it?
Grimlock
Delicate, Loveable Dinobot

Post by Grimlock »

Also the combiners were able to function without one arm.
I may be wrong here, but did the Autobot emergency services one combine without one arm in the English speaking G1 cartoon ?

Then he caught a falling bus or something .

* DISCLAIMER, I am probably wrong :oops: *

ME GRIMLOCK WANT TO MUNCH METAL
Commander Megatron

You are not wrong, it was Defensor operating without First Aid who had quit fighting. It was a train he caught I believe and he said

"This would be a lot easier if First Aid were here."
sto_vo_kor_2000
Alternator

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

Galvatron wrote:I wish there was subtitles or something so I can understand what in Cybertron was going on.

You know if there was a translation, someone could go through all the old episodes and find the character speak the same lines in English.
overdub the mix and place it over the audio of Scramble City.
If anyone tried this, they might end up with an English speaking Scramble City with original voices.
The sentences don't have to be exact but at least something close.
There's no need to go threw all that.

Here's a fan dub in english
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzW_Uk-NH0c
Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!
Silverbolt
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Silverbolt »

as Aerialbot commander I can speak to the fact that my team positions are interchangeable.

that said despite his hot headed-ness Slingshot is truly my right hand man.
it's similar to our flight pattern.

Sling and Fireflight are my wingmen and Air Raid and Skydive take flanking positions.

If Superion for some reason requires upper arm strength as opposed to dexterity, then Air Raid and Skydive will take the upper positions
:wink:

I had a long discussion with Hot Spot about the same thing one day.
apparently Firstaid makes for a great left hook and Groove is reinforced around the windsheild area for groin attacks!
Wanted: Brainstorm.
Drewtube Amazing Adventures