Micromaster History

Come here to ask anything about the Transformers storyline, character bios, and more!
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Micromaster History

Post by Countdown »

Hi,

I am interested in learning the history of the micromasters.

I assume they had a big role in the comics. Can anyone give me a list of comics pertaining to the micromasters? I know that may be a lot to list, perhaps someone can list where the series begins since listin' all of them may be too big of a chore.

Where can I find those comics? Does TFL ever stock them? Is there a chain comicbook store that is big enough with a web site? Or any suggestion to get them?

Thanks all!!!
Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

My local comic shops have all Chapters of the Dreamwave Micromaster Comics run! Those are the only ones I know of, tho! I believe they had a big role in the Japanese Transformers Victory, but I haven't gotten' that far, yet, :P
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

They were to play a big part in the canceled TF zone series. [G1 japan]

Otherwise theres not much info on them. (Victory has four main characters who are micromasters, along with a planet of them that isn't explored.)

Best bet would be to take a look at those micromaster comics. :wink:
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

The Micromaster mini-series is excellent, it a U.S. release to work them into the storyline, same as the headmaster mini-series. It will introduce you to all the groups as well as the bases and transports. The Autobots made the Micromasters first, the race car patrol were created first then the rescue and battle patrol's shortly after. In the U.K. comic the Micromasters were introduced before they were seen stateside.

Emirate Xaaron came up with the idea for them and the Decepticons under command of Thunderwing couldn't duplicate it.He set a trap and captured the battle patrol, dissected them and learned what he needed to and created the Air Strike Patrol and the Sports car patrol.

Hope that helps a little bit Doc.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Thanks all for the info!

I am going to keep an eye out at dumb-bay for the 'dreamwave' series and see if i can pick up a set starting at the beginning.
Commander Megatron

Ratchet did you ever pick up a set?
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

No, :( . I am on a budget at the moment. I just got a promotion and the raise takes effect soon. When that goes through I will pick up a set.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Well I got my set a loonnnggg time ago. And, I loved it.

I seem to remember seeing an old marvel comic that had the micromasters in it. I remember the cover art - a skyscraper with a monster/monsterbot holding a woman in one hand and holding onto the skyscraper w/ the other and the race car patrol climbing up to save her.

Anyone else seen that? Or have any good ideas where I can buy that? I saw it on ebay for $20 or so dollars a while ago, and now I kinda wish I picked it up.

Either way, thx!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Marvel #54, "King 'Con!"
You should be able to find it for much cheaper than $20. Keep looking!
Commander Megatron

Buy the Graphic novel "Last Stand" it will have the King Con Story in it along with a lot of other Micromaster related tales.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Thanks again!!! :)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Sorry for the double post.

Are there any other graphic novels I should get that involve them? I have found the one you are talking about (Last Stand) - Are there others I can get.

If possible I would just like to buy them all at once. Thanks again all!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Dreamwave did a four issue micromaster miniseries...
Commander Megatron

Ratchet, I found the comic review that I did and have brought it back to thwe top of the page in non-toy talk. It should help you with finding what novels have the Micromastwers in it. :wink:
TheTruePhantasm
Decoy

Post by TheTruePhantasm »

i have a theory where roadimus prime after headmasters discovered planet Micro
johnnetee
Minispy

Post by johnnetee »

Dreamwave really did the best job at bringing history and depth to the micromasters. It wasn't until I read that series that I really started to feel that the micromasters had any personality. The Marvel characterizations all seemed arrogant, cocky and full of spit. They never really got to show their true nature. But with the dreamwave series they were given personalities that fit their titles but also a history and a purpose as to why they were created. I have adopted the title Guzzlers to any and all larger transformers from that series. ;-)