Does the dinobots convert?

Come here to ask anything about the Transformers storyline, character bios, and more!
cyclownus
Decoy

Does the dinobots convert?

Post by cyclownus »

i pwned you!
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Combine, you mean? To my knowledge they don't.

That's an impressive piece of work made by (imho) one of the most talented customizers out there: frenzy_rumble.

Btw, welcome to TFL, cyclownus!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Yeah, the only dinobots that combine on the market for sale are the PCC Grimstone/Dinobots set. What you have pictured is a high dollar custom piece (made by Frenzy_Rumble) that typically sells for well over $1,000. Welcome to the forums by-the-way. :)
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Welcome to Transformerland, cyclownus!
cyclownus wrote:Does the dinobots convert? I heard they convert?
http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/u ... ction2.jpg
Do you mean, "Do the Dinobots transform?" Yes, except when Grimlock and Snarl became non-transforming Action Masters.

Do you mean, "Do the Dinobots switch sides?" Yes--many versions of the Transformers story have one or more of the Dinobots rebel against the Autobots, sometimes joining the Decepticons, sometimes just striking out on their own.

Do you mean, "Do the Dinobots combine?" These Dinobots do, but apparently people who know that story don't like it very much. These Dinobots do too, but only their commander Grimstone has a robot mode of his own--the other guys are just drones who change from beast mode to arms or legs of the combined form.

i would guess the picture in your link is a fan's creation (or i could, you know, read the other replies you've gotten, since Minerva and Roadbuster apparently recognize the thing), and i think it's a VERY impressive one. Where did you find that pic? Are there more? (i've been to seibertron.com but i'm too lazy to search through it myself looking for your source if you have the website address already.)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

There are more pictures and customs too for that matter. Check this out:
http://frenzyrumble.com/
Pretty awesome!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

His customs are just amazing! And amazingly expensive... but the pricing is justifiable considering the minute attention to detail he pays not to mention the craftsmanship involved.
Crankshaft
Targetmaster

Post by Crankshaft »

I wish the Dinobots could combine. The PCC Dinobots look cool though. :)
Optimus: Transfuhm und uttuhk!!

Bumblebee: What did you say?

Optimus: *takes down faceplate* I said transform and attack!!
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Yes, they do look cool! It would undoubtedly be cooler if the original Dinobots combined though...

Welcome to TFL, Crankshaft! :)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I think that was the only tactical advantage the Decepticons ever had over the Autobots was the number of combiners they had. The Autobots most certainly had them outnumbered (not counting Insecticon clones) on most occasions. Considering virtually no character development was given to 3 out of 5 of the Dinobots (Swoop was given a minor spotlight). I certainly could have seen this working...and working out well. Oh well. Had it of happened the price tag would probably be double what you'd pay for a Predaking now though. :shock: So maybe it was a good thing they aren't combiners after all.

Welcome aboard Crankshaft. :)
ancientspark
Decoy

Post by ancientspark »

Minerva wrote:Combine, you mean? To my knowledge they don't.

That's an impressive piece of work made by (imho) one of the most talented customizers out there: frenzy_rumble.

Btw, welcome to TFL, cyclownus!
I know people who know him... as impressive as his site SEEMS he photoshops a LOT of that... heavily. A good bit of people who have bought from him have had less than desirable results from the people I've talked to an none of his figures look like their pictures.

I think this site does well enough on its own and has better integrity than most.
----------------------
AncientSpark - I've been ... around.