season 4 cliffhanger

Come here to ask anything about the Transformers storyline, character bios, and more!
MADMAX

season 4 cliffhanger

Post by MADMAX »

okay explain what is the deal with the cliffhanger that is season 4. there first of all are tons of new bots that never appeared before. then you are left with nothing at the end of season 4. finally how did the sixchangers ever come into play. also when does powermaster optimus come into the picture.

P.S.: Was there ever a G2 cartoon and where can i get it on dvd. i just dont see the connection
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

The series continued only in Japan and was never released in America.
The series was called "Headmasters". This is where all the new characters become more involved and Power Master Prime is somewhere introduced. I never seen the series :(
MADMAX

Post by MADMAX »

I wonder if there is any way of getting an english version. If any body knows , please post something
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

there was no G2 cartoon. they re-ran the g1 eps with a new intro sequence and CGI scene changes, rather than the autobot/decepticon logo spin. the G2 story continued the G1 comic story.
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Apologies for digging up an old post. I watched the Japanese powermaster cartoons the other day. (supergod masterforce) God it was bad, the shells are like a holographic illusion and you have to read the subtitles. That aside I did start to get into it. I got them on DVD box set for £40. Has anyone else seen them?
SoundWave
City Commander

Post by SoundWave »

never, where did you purchase them??
Commander Megatron

I got them in HMV in Belfast. That is the whole set I have now. Just waiting for the last of the japanese releases, I think it is called victory.
johnnetee

Headmasters in the USA

Post by johnnetee »

I actually remember seeing the Headmasters series in the USA. It wa actually a five episode miniseries of which I recorded the first four on VHS. As a kid I had no concept of stuff never being rerunned so when the Transformers started rerunning from the beginning, I recorded over it. The Headmasters series had the same animation as that of the after-movie seasons (meaning it was not that great). The opening sequence for the show had some clips from the Targetmasters commercials, and Headmasters commercials (or vise versa really). If I recall correctly, and I could be totally wrong, the Powermasters were not in this five episode series. The series did take place on Cybertron and Nebulos, and of course Fortress Maximus and Scorponok were main features. Fortress Maximus was of course scaled down. I also think that in the series that Prince what's-his-face was still the head of Fortress Maximus - at least in the four episodes that I caught. He hadn't died yet like in the comic and had Spike take his place. Wish I could tell you more about that series other than it did air ONCE in the USA.
Doublecross Boy

Post by Doublecross Boy »

If the series would have ran possibly another 1 or 2 years we would've seen the introduction of the Headmaster Jr's.Pretenders.and we would have seen optimus prime become a powermaster as with the other powermasters... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Commander Megatron

It does show you Optimus Prime as the Powermaster in Masterforce DVD.
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

There is no connection between Prime and Powermaster Prime.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Commander Megatron

I haven't actually watched any of it, the DVD is on my shelf with the rest. It shows Powermaster OP on the front.
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

I've watched it,there is no connection at all with Prime.Masterforce wasn't that bad,i've seen it once but i won't see it again.For me it was much better than the japanese headmaster series though.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Commander Megatron

Then why the hell did they put him on the front?
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

He looks like power master op. But in the jap continuity optimus dies in headmasters. So the semi in masterforce is called ginrai (after the godmaster.) then we have super ginrai [when combined with trailer.] and god ginrai (when combined with godbomber which was a jap exclusive at the time.).

As for the toys here at the differences.

Ginrai had plastic windows and not stickers. Ginrai had metal parts.

Super ginrai had retractable blue fists and was a slightly different color to powermaster op.

Does that clear it up?
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

It's just transector that resembles Prime.The toy in the US and Europe was introduced as Prime and he is the leader of the Cybertrons (to keep up with the cartoon).And of course,he is on the front for promotional reasons? :roll: I've read somewhere that this transector was originally planned to be used by Prime or something.
Commander Megatron

It clears it up for me, thanks Deszaras.
sto_vo_kor_2000
Alternator

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

Hello guys I'm new here...but now on topic.

The Jabanese Headmasters show and the U.S. Headmaster show do not follow the came continuity.The Japanese serries branched off in a different direction after the episodes "The return of Optimus Prime".

None of the events of the U.S. 3 part headmasters show "The Rebirth" have any bearing on their version of Headmasters.For the Japanese the Headmasters in the Headmasters show did not have human partners.The smaller heads were the true cybertroinions and the larger bodies were lifeless.

This changed in the following show Super God Masterforce.In this show the Headmasters and Godmasters [Powermasters] did have human partners but the TF's were pretty much lifeless.
Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!