Creation Matrix: how do you work this thing?

Come here to ask anything about the Transformers storyline, character bios, and more!
WZLbot

Creation Matrix: how do you work this thing?

Post by WZLbot »

So I started reading the original marvel comic TF series again, and for the record, its just as awesome as it was when I read it way back when.
I do have a few nitpicks about it though, the main one being how the smelt does the matrix work?
From what I've gathered it almost seems as if they make the 'bots bodies and then the Matrix gives them life, but not a personality. But when the Aerialbots are first created Silverbolt acts as if he's been around before, plus he mentions being afraid of heights. Does this mean they're reincarnated in some sort of way?
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Creation Matrix

Post by Commander Megatron »

The Matrix gives all transformers life, when they are deactivated the "spark" their soul basically returns to the Matrix and increases its wisdom and knowledge. It does give them personality and the fact that Silverbolt is afraid of heights is just a design glitch. Shame seeing how he is a plane! The Matrix is the esscence of primus power and the one thing that can save us from unicron. also silverbolt being afraid of heights and all that could mean that he has a little of someone else's personality. like a human saying they have been here before or talking about something that they could not possibly have seen. Hope that clears that up for you, wzlbot.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

another comment on personality glitches, Broadside (fighter jet/aircraft carrier) hates flying and going out to sea as well! When Simon Furman took over the comic story, he tended to work out a lot of plot holes in the earlier comics and his later issues had a lot more firm storyline.
Just be careful not to confuse the comic matrix with the TV matrix, they are very different!
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

the Matrix

Post by Commander Megatron »

Stick to the comic Matrix, it had more depth and was mentioned a lot more than the cartoon version. I have a profile of it I will post it up in a few days when I have more time.