Looking for a 90's Transforming Robot

Discuss any Non-Transformers toys you like (or don't!) here. MASK, GI Joe, Go-Bots, KOs, He-Man, or others.
TacticalBrick
Noob

Looking for a 90's Transforming Robot

Post by TacticalBrick »

Hello,

I am trying to find a transforming robot toy I had in the mid to late 90s.
I was born in 1988, and I can remember having the toy when I was in elementary school, but I know that I did not have it in 2001 when I moved. With this date range I’ve scoured Transformers, Gundam, Robotech, Macross, and many other mecha-related IPs, but I have been unable to find anything on Google or eBay.
  • It was Navy Blue and White, with an Orange accent color.
  • One of the biggest clues I'm using for the hunt were its legs. Its legs below the knee had some kind of accessory, or extra armor add-on that the figure could step into, and it clasped on the back along the calf. I think this was because the arms and legs were interchangeable, with the hands becoming feet and the feet inside these boots being another set of hands.
  • Its feet have the articulated or pincer look that Macross and Robotech toys have.
  • I am unsure what it transformed into, but its transformation involved a second head that appeared to have “flipped up” into the place on a hinge where the original head went. I believe the original head tucked into the chest piece. This second head had a flatter base at the neck and was mostly white or orange.
  • It’s possible that it was a 2-in-1 or ‘reversible’ toy. My memory of the head is may be skewed, and the head was actually on the pelvis and by rotating the toy 180 degrees it could only transform into another robot.
  • It was 6-10 inches tall.
  • It had fists with holes for holding weapons, although I cannot remember what went with it.
This is a longshot, but I would appreciate any help trying to locate whatever this was. My growing fear is that it was an unidentifiable knockoff, but I hope that isn’t the case.

Thanks in advance!
-Brick
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: Looking for a 90's Transforming Robot

Post by Time Traveller »

Welcome!

I'm straining my brain at present, as there are tons of unidentifiable knockoffs, and also identifiable but obscure toys from major lines that were available.

At the moment, the step-in boot foot reminds me very much of Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad's Synchro (either deluxe or the Samurizing set), where the main character Servo steps into armor that clamps up over his legs. The tank that forms his leg is mostly white, with blue and black, and orange on the stickers for an accent color. This doesn't have the open-claw style feet of Macross Valkyries, though.

Do you recall for sure that you received the toy new, vs a garage sale? If it wasn't new, it's possibly quite a bit older, which would require widening your search.