TFL Banner

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

TFL Banner

Post by Time Traveller »

here ya go, guys, a rough banner idea. open to suggestions, needs tuning; and feel free to link to it for sigs and stuff.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Savanna RX-7 GT-X »

Here you go. The Text sucks, you can barely read them, and I think borders on the top left and bottom right image would help.

Don't yell, you asked about suggestions.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

with the text... i know.
what kind of borders? just to separate them from the rest of the thing?
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Yeah. I show you kinda what I mean when I get some time to open adobe.
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Before you say anything, this is the first thing I have done in Photoshop CS, and its the first time in about a year I tried anything like this.

But I made thsi simple Banner to show what oyu might want to try.

I put a Black border on the whoel outside, then with the color theme I had going at the time(black and white, really basic lmao), I put a small White line inside the Black. I used the white line to mainly seperate the upper left box and hte lower right box. I then jstu used that black and white on the text that was selected, makign 2 of the same thing, giving it a shadow look. Nothing complex, and rather simple, but it has the essentials, shows what the site is for, and easy to read. If I had soem font fiels besides default, it woudl had looked better. Also, if it matters, I woudl drop the FOrums part unless its a direct link to the forums, but then agian you coudl drop the FORUMS text, or make it small and move it.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Well... if I may. Yours is much better Savanna.

Sorry TT, but ya know. Gotta point out a fact. But still, the way the two images in the corners are... they offset. Blend them in more and have the same basic boarder shape. If you know what I mean.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
Savanna RX-7 GT-X

Ty, but it not a cometition, and the Font I used I think sucks to hell. Photoshop CS default Fonts are to boring, need to find something better.