Should-Be Alternators

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Should-Be Alternators

Post by Time Traveller »

i've been listening to way too much 'rip chords' before bed. i had a strange and inspirational dream about transformers, should they have come to earth before the 80's. for example, the late 60's- early 70's.
these should be made as alternators. Perhaps a very skilled modeler could graft in transformer parts...hmm.
Optimus Prime: GTO Judge
Bluestreak: Shelby Cobra
Hound: Willys Jeep
Sideswipe: Lamborghini Miura
Sunstreaker: Miura Jota
Tracks: '67 Stingray
Trailbreaker: hotrodded '40 ford pickup
Jazz: Deuce Coupe
Hoist: Chevy Wrecker
Prowl: '57 Chevy Bel-Air police
Smokescreen: Dodge Daytona
Beachcomber: VW Beach Buggy
Ironhide: VW bus
Seekers: F-4 Phantom

Any other recommendations?
gimpy the llama

Post by gimpy the llama »

time trav. i like you.

you know your cars. your list is insanely cool.. but i hated the 60's and 70's! :)

i think i'll stick with the atlernators!

but an excellent "what if" topic though!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

llama man. i like you too. you can talk tf's forever. register for membership!
i was raised by a car nut. my dad knows everything about anything with wheels. he somehow knew grapple was based off of a late 70's mitsubishi fuso.
i like american muscle, for the most part. i like some 80's cars, (the fiero, the C4 vette) cus of styling, and i like exotics(esp. the countach as is obvious). about the only sportscar class that does nothing for me is tuners. blech.
i love driving almost as much as i love transformers. SNOW AND BAD ROADS... GO AWAY!
oh, and since you hated the 60's and 70's... i included the 32 deuce coupe just for you. :wink:
gimpy the llama

Post by gimpy the llama »

i was in barnes and noble yesterday and i was browsing the magazines and a gentleman who was sitting near by asked me if "i was a car nut too" as we were both thumbing through a copy of the excellent british auto mag EVO. "yeah, i guess so!" i responded. we both had a chuckle and walked away with a few new magazines.

as for my preferences, i'm the exact opposite. i prefer tuners, but i must say real TUNERS. not show offs who put playstations and tv screens in the back of every seat. real tuned cars where the drivers rip out the radio and would never even THINK of putting subwoofers in a car because power to weight ratio is EVERYTHING.

yeah, i like civics, but sticking a wing the size of a park bench on a car is stupid, and doesn't do ANYTHING to improve handling. nor does that exhaust give you 50 hp at the wheels! the general term for these posers is "rice boy," coined by the guy who started a web page showing the foolishness of these losers. there are a few of those sites now, one of them being www.beaterz.com. take a look at the site! it's hilarious! (although it is hopelessly out of date now...)

i like japanese cars (r34 skyline being my dream car) but i love european cars too. american muscle is something i remember with a sense of nostalgia. cars that were ripping with horsepower right off the show room floor. cars that could do 1/4 miles in times that it takes at least $20,000 worth of tuning in todays popular tuner cars to do. but what i don't remember fondly is the fact that american cars have always been plagued by one simple fact: they handle like bricks. that's been changing lately, but it's still too far behind. i've driven a few cars in my time and the handling of an impreza WRX (didn't get to drive that one, but i rode in one) simply puts a lot of other cars (including porsches) to shame!

there's a tremendous amount of fun in a hard launch, the surge of acceleration, the fact you have to fight to move your arms forward, but there's lateral g's too, and a lot of muscle car fans will never know what it's like to turn a corner and literally feel your innards shift so hard they want to leave your body! (which i guess would either thrill you or make you sick :wink: )

anyway, i'm rambling again, but all cars are fun (except for that new concept volvo that was designed by women, i'm not knocking women designing cars, but good lord that car is the worst piece of garbage i've ever seen) and so long as no one gets crazy about it, everyone from the muscle car fans to the tuners can have a good time.

and if hasbro/takara will just release more alternators, we'll all be able to enjoy our cars and our 'bots.

btw, how about hot shot (or hot rod) as a hemi 'cuda? i always like 'cudas.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

hot ROD. i'm sorry, but i'm unimpressed with hotshot, and armada (cept for the CRON, dude, he kicks ass!)
but yeah, now you're talkin.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

i wanted to post something under the title "Should-Be Alternators", but the comments i have about who "Should-Be Alternators" fit better under the thread "ALTERNATORS!" My comments that suit this thread:

i recognize the original VW Beetle.
i recognize the New Beetle.
i recognize PT Cruisers (i think).
i recognize Hummers (i think).
i recognize some Porsches as Porsches.
i recognize some Lamborghinis as Lamborghinis.
i recognize some Corvettes as Corvettes.
i recognize the Batmobile.
There are a few cars i recognize and can distinguish from other types of car, but i don't know by name (except for Carl).
Beyond that, the best i can do is tell you if i'm looking at a car, a truck, a (mini)van, an SUV, a bus, or a limo. (Or, if we broaden the subject from cars to vehicles, a motorcycle, a fighter jet, a passenger plane, a helicopter, a "small" boat, a cruise liner, an oil-tanker-esque boat, or a submarine.)

And don't even get me started on knowing how these things work. (To quote Spaceman Spiff, "I wonder what 'E' on the fuel guage stands for.")

You all are welcome to enjoy knowing the ins and outs and ups and downs and do-the-hokey-pokey-turn-yourself-arounds of cars and other vehicles that Transformers use to disguise themselves. Just don't expect me to have a clue what you're talking about.
Last edited by Rhymus on Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Yer darn raght we are!
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Re: Should-Be Alternators

Post by Roar »

Time Traveller wrote:i've been listening to way too much 'rip chords' before bed. i had a strange and inspirational dream about transformers, should they have come to earth before the 80's. for example, the late 60's- early 70's.
these should be made as alternators. Perhaps a very skilled modeler could graft in transformer parts...hmm.
Optimus Prime: GTO Judge
Bluestreak: Shelby Cobra
Hound: Willys Jeep
Sideswipe: Lamborghini Miura
Sunstreaker: Miura Jota
Tracks: '67 Stingray
Trailbreaker: hotrodded '40 ford pickup
Jazz: Deuce Coupe
Hoist: Chevy Wrecker
Prowl: '57 Chevy Bel-Air police
Smokescreen: Dodge Daytona
Beachcomber: VW Beach Buggy
Ironhide: VW bus
Seekers: F-4 Phantom

Any other recommendations?
Megatron-1969 R/T Charger or
Ford Mustang Mach II

Starscream- Studebaker Avanti or an Edsel. :lol: But for real 1967 Camaro with a blower or a '68 Challenger (w/blower)

Insecticons-VW Things

Shockwave- 1963 Chevrolet split window Corvette. (I hate 'em, but the split would suit Shocky I think)

Soundwave- 1970 Chevrolet Impala coupe.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Those are all great ideas. If I ever get ahold of a cheapie alternator and a cheapie model kit, I might try my hand at it.
R.I.P. Menasor
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

how about a cheap roadbot and a model kit?

(stop me before I turn on a plastic tank with a scalpel and a cheap KO transformer.)
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Excellent thoughts, TT 8)

For the seekers, I would like to see either the F-14a, Tornado GR1 or any style of Harrier from that era.

In a complete reverse, if we were to modernise some of the TFs, I would like to see Megatron as a Glock 8) . The SU-37 would make a good example for the Seekers - way prettier than the F-22 (even if the F-22 is technically more capable...) and the Eurofighter Typhoon.

A friend of mine is a pilot in the RAF and has been flying the Tornado GR4. I haven't seen him in a while, but he may have moved on to the Typhoon by now....
Jetfire is a robosexual