Thankgiving Comments!

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Thankgiving Comments!

Post by SentinelPrime »

Hope all and one had a great Thanksgiving! Tell us all about what you did and where you went for Thanksgiving. I'll start....

My wife, son and I met the rest my my side of the family which consist of two other brothers, (I'm the middle kid), and their wives and kids, and my parents, a total of 14 people! We travelled to Ruisdosa, New Mexico and all chipped in on a very nice 7 bedroom, 4 bathroom cabin high up in the mountains. This cabin has over 4100 sq. ft of space, plenty of room for us all to spread out. Every bed was either a king or queen size and there were six tvs. The only bad thing that happened was that my mom got sick on Thanksgiving day, but was better the next day! This cabin was two stories high and had a nice big balcony. This cabin was part of a series of cabins that people use a realator to rent out, for three nights it only cost a total of $1000 dollars. Divided by four couples, it was a great deal for all! Oh yeah...it snowed the day after Thanksgiving, about 3-4 inches. We celebrated both Thanksgiving and Christmas with my side of the family. We alternate Christmas and Thanksgiving with my family and my wife's family. It was very a wonderful time and we all throughly enjoyed it! Will try and post picks of the cabin this next week.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Well that sounded nice, civilized, and well co-ordinated. :)

We had Thanksgiving at my house this year so my brother and whoever he's dating now (I don't bother to learn names anymore I'm just nice to her), my sister and her husband and three kids, my mother and father and my remaining two grandmothers spent the holiday at our house. And I forgot to add my mother in law. Mustn't forget her! :wink:

Three days two nights of it.

Now I love both of my grandmothers don't get me wrong.......but neither one of them can hear a thing so everytime someone spoke to them the answer was "WHAT?" or "HUH?" really loud.

But.............

I swear up and down whatever religious material you place in front of me that the Miracle Ear Inc. implanted a special microchip that can discern, pick up, and clearly amplify every expletive that came from anyone's mouth (mainly mine). So both of them spent most of the time saying you guessed it "WHAT?" and "You shouldn't say that, Nikki!!" :roll:

As far as chow went........

I wanted to fry a turkey but my husband put his foot down and said no because he knew I'd either burn the house down or want to play in the fire or try to fry bizarre things after the turkey was done with my brother like beer battering a pair of sneakers or rubber boot or something to see what would happen.

Or both.

He was probably right. :twisted:

I wound up doing the standard baked turkey, dressing, potato salad, that cranberry sauce with washboard ridges no one touches, deviled eggs, and green bean casserole.

The kids were fun but re-enforced mine and Westley's no kids sentiments. The girl managed to get Barbie curlers in Jett's fur and I got scratched taking them out (but the kid was unmarked explain that), my stray cats that hang around...Starscream and Stingray were terrified by the boys and wouldn't come to even me to eat. And the kids fought almost constantly over the most ridiculous things all the while clinging to me like white on rice.

Its nice to be loved I guess. It took giving away most of my loose new Transformer collection but they eventually did quiet down. It was worth it. :D

By Thursday evening I was looking for places to hide but people were still finding me. My mother and mother in law cornered me in the kitchen during clean-up and threw the "you're getting older you need children" talk at me. :oops:

But.........

No family member died on Thanksgiving Day (its a family tradition) Wes and I didn't argue and I didn't feel the need to drink so it was a pretty nice holiday.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

I not going to ask about the noone died ( cooking that bad :lol: :wink: )

Mine was simple. My dad flew in Thursday and took my wife son and myself out to dinner. Fri i had to work so my wife cooked the turkey that day so sandwhiches till we run out (yummmy) Sat was my sons birthday (5years old) he spoiled my dad bought him 40 dollors of cars and things got his picture with santa and a spiderman cake. So in all was a good weekend hated to see my dad go.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here. It was just a regular day for me. :)
Nightshade
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Nightshade »

I had to work thanksgiving, but several of my customers were nice eniugh to make me plates of food so I ate well.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Hrere's the pic of the great cabin we stayed at in Ruisdosa, New Mexico for Thanksgiving. And family shot of me, my wife Denise and our son Brett. (Age 12) Now you guys can see what an "OLD" Transformers collector looks like! Age 44 and proud of it!

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Man, I miss new mexico. That place looked awesome. The last time I went that direction was towards red river. Ever been there?
R.I.P. Menasor
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

Nice pics there SentinelPrime never been that far west yet.

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Yes Dinobot I have been to Red River many times. As well as Angelfire, Eagles Nest and even Chama. I was born in Portales, New Mexico and have even lived in Santa Fe for two years. That's a cool place!

When were you in New Mexico?
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Two summers ago I went there to Red River. I stayed overnight in Cimmaron in the haunted St. James Hotel. That was wicked cool as we were the only guests in there the whole night. Im sad that Texas Red's in Red River burned down. I guess they're rebuilding it? I've been all over New Mexico and love just about all of it. Im hoping to go there this next summer.
R.I.P. Menasor
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

I posted before that I had the duty Thanksgiving day, and the food prepared was horrid. But...The next day my wife cooked me the Thanksgiving dinner I missed. It was great. My wife wasn't sure on turkey size as this was her fisrt foray into cooking the whole deal. So she got a 20 lb. one. As it turned out we had 7 people for dinner, my 4 year old included. Two of the guys from the boat came to eat. They are both single with families in Colorado and Washington state. I think we still have turkey comming out the ying yang. Also, we've had mashed potatos every night since.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

Congrads to your wife for a job well done then and leftovers are great!!!!! we just finished off our bird yesterday tho think my son was getting sick of turkey sandwhiches lol

Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

What a nice cabin!!!
I fantasize about living my retirement in a place like that.

Nice lil' family you got there too!