Got A Story To Tell?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Got A Story To Tell?

Post by Commander Megatron »

The title says it all.

If you have a funny, embarrassing or otherwise light-hearted story you wanna share, then go ahead and post it up. We are all close enough here to relax in each others company so where is the harm in sharing a tale or two?
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

So what's your story Megs? LOL

I'll have to think about it more if I am going to post a story.
I know I got some good ones. But none of them I can post here GIGGITY.
I'll try to think up of some desent ones.

Ok, here's one. ....

When my mini con was about 3 /4 yrs. She was playing on her toy phone.
Pretending to talk to a friend.
She asks "Daddy, can my fwend stay da nite?"
I said "No, not tonight"
She said "But Daddy, I reewy want my fwend to stay da nite"
I said "I don't care. The answer is no, not tonight"
She puts the phone back up to her ear....
She says to her phone "My daddy said he don't care, come over"

I was outsmarted by a toddler!! :lol:
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

I got a good one me and my son who at the time was 4 was rough housing on the bed. I told him ok time to settle down he goes ok daddy but I have one trick to show you. He takes the pillow and tosses it in the air and trys to dropkick it. He missed the pillow but landed on the family jewels. My family jewels. lets say it brought tears to my eyes OUCH.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Post by Razorclaw »

Hey Galvy,see what you get for not being kind enough and say yes to your daughterImage
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Wedenesday I fessed up and told my husband I bought an expensive Thundercats lunchbox. Wednesday is when the paper inserts sales circulars so my husband picks up some of them off of the ktichen table, rolls them into a loose bundle and playfully pops me on the shoulder.

(I got out light :wink: )

Jett our cat was sitting on the floor watching. When Westley popped me the cat's eyes got big! I mean :shock: like that and she turns tail and runs up the steps actually stumbling on one of them on the way up and hides under the bed.

I thought it was funny.
Piranacon
Undersea Warrior

Post by Piranacon »

i got a funny story that happened about 4 years ago....

i was a a local mall that was haveing a toy and colelctable show. so i was trolling the tables seeing what every1 had and i come across a tabel that has he-man and mask toys and afew transformers. so i do like i tend to i act like i dont really want to buy anything but say to my wife "OOi remember these from when i was a kid, they trun from a car to a robot i bet dominik (my son) would love to have one." and i say hey how much for that little yellow car? and the guy says well i just found these in my attic so ill sell him for 5 bucks. so i quickly pay the man before he realizes what he is doing and take my C-9 bumblejumper :twisted: then i proceed to walk into my buddies toy store that is right across the hall and i say hey look what i jsut scored for 5 bucks. he starts filpping out and here comes the guy i bought it from. i figure he is gonan say hey i under charged you blah blah blah blah. And they guy says "hey man you forgot something." and hands me an uncut cliffjumper card backer with very little dmg.

so that is my story on how i gota mint bumblwejumper for 5 bucks lol to thsi day one of the best transformer buys i have made

Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

That's why it' important to know what you are selling.
Good score Piranacon!!!!

One time, me and the family was out enjoying a nice clear day.
We took the mini cons to a park and by a garbage can, my wife found $30 cash!!! We were flat broke at the time so we decided to take the kids out for some ice cream. Using the $30 we bought us all some Dairy Queen goodies. After we were all done, my wife went to dump our tray and found $15 more dollars in the trash can!!
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Okay, Roar's cat story reminds me of the other night, when I was sitting in bed with my wife. I said something sarcastic, as I am prone to do. She had been sitting there stroking the cat, and she started yelling at me.

The moment she started yelling, the cat bit into her arm and would not stop attacking her! :D

Finally, she realized that it was the yelling that made that cat freak out, and she just folded her arms, and fumed silently.

I love that cat.
QuickSilver
Throttlebot

Post by QuickSilver »

Lol, my aunt's dog is like that too. If my cousin and I start to "fight," the dog jumps on us and barks until we stop. He's a very strange dog. One time I was looking through the pictures on a digital camera and every time I pushed the scroll button it made a little beep. Well, the dog heard that and flipped out! He charged up to where I was sitting on the couch and took the camera and both my hands in his mouth. Needless to say, I was not expecting that and nearly jumped out of my skin!
~Quicksilver
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Before I begin..... the dog was okay and safe.

This happened a looooooong time ago..........

When I was eleven my father and the whole family were engaged in building the second story of my childhood home as well as a two car garage.

Later when my husband and I got married we bought the house from my parents.

When I was a kid we had two dogs, one was Buffy a Labarador Retriever, and the other was Bonnie an Irish Setter and notorious cat chaser. I had a black and white one eared cat named Midnight.

I never liked Bonnie because she gave my cat such grief, I was never mean to the dog, but I also didn't have much to do with it either other than feeding and telling it to shut up when it was on a barking jag.

My mother on the other hand adored the dog. So much so that it was sickening, she even dressed the thing in clothes and booties she knitted for it for pete's sake! :?

Anyway..........

One day my mother and I were upstairs painting the sheetrock in the master bedroom and Bonnie was with us. We kept noticing that the dog was whining and pawing at the wall and sticking her head out of the window. We had the window down so the paint would cure more quickly. Soon the dog was barking and just having a fit! We'd quit working and tell her to stop up but it didn't do any good. We made her go downstairs so she wouldn't ruin the walls but she'd just come back up again so we just let Bonnie stay and put up with her racket.

Now this next part is true! It happened........ if you have doubts I'll give you my mother's phone number and you can ask her yourself!

Soon the dog was just out of control barking and carrying on and before my mother or I could stop the dog from what it had on its mind we saw a streak of brownish red leap out of the window, heard a yelp, then silence! We rushed over to the window to look out but the dog was gone.

My mother almost fell down the steps getting down them, I followed but not with so much concern. I know that sounds heartless..but meh....

We got outside and my father who had been doing yard work witnessed the dog barking at Midnight, the dog's fall, and Bonnie running around to the front of the house.

We finally reached the dog's side where my father was tending to it.

Bonnie was shaking and wouldn't get up. My mother thought she had a broken back, but I at the most inopportune moment said that if the dog's back was broken it probably wouldn't have been able to walk or run anymore.

After a second of tear filled soul killing glare from my mother she turned her attention back to the dog. Bonnie was acting even more pitiful and as if it were about to die as my mother cried more as the minutes passed.

Even I felt sorry for the thing.

After about five minutes of watching what we thought were the last moments of life the dog would have........our neighbor Clayton came around the corner of our house and that stupid dog got up and ran to him barking and acting fine.

Bonnie lived to a ripe old age of 16 and passed away in her sleep.

My mother gets so mad at me when I mention Bonnie's first and last attempt at non-powered flight. In her earshot at family gatherings I love to say that our family is so dysfunctional even the dog tried to end it all. :twisted: :lol:
Commander Megatron

So there I am getting ready to go to school. I was 9 years old, my little bro was playing with my COMPLETE Optimus Prime. It was in truck mode, with all the pieces in the trailer. I asaid to him "Don't you lose the little fists or the gun..." Content i went to school........................

I came back and looked for Prime. Nowhere to be seen, I hunted the house high and low not even a fist!!! I asked him where it was and he said I haven't seen it. I never seen it again, he had taken it outside and left it out there. Someone had taken it, stolen it the %$£&*^£!!!

Believe me that my mother saved his life because i was goig to remove his head from his body!!!
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

gosh darn siblings!!! :evil:
Commander Megatron

I was devastated!! But my parents bought me another for Christmas taht i didn't ask for so it was ok.
:lol:
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

I was walking home from school one day about 15yrs old(15yrs ago too). We have really old tall trees that lined both sides of our non-busy street. I was walking in the middle of it when I heard an odd sound. I looked over and saw a baby squirrel making that noise and running towards me. I kelt down to watch him and he just kept running. He got up to me and without missing a beat jumped on to my knee. I was like whoa. I took "him", don't know male/female, home and had a pet squirrel for a week or so. It was fall and not too warm all the time. We made him a little bed away from the cats. One afternoon we went for a walk. I had a hoodie on. He crawled all over my back and into/out of my front pocket. I got home and put him back in his "house" That night was really cold. There was lots of padding and stuffed animal stuffing to try and keep him warm. I really don't know what happened but he may have gotten into his water or was just too cold. He was gone the next morning. I was quite sad. I cried when we buried him in the back yard. :cry: I am now too a little. I did enjoy the time I had with him though.
QuickSilver
Throttlebot

Post by QuickSilver »

My sister and I had a couple of chipmunks that we rescued from the cats. We kept them in an aquarium for several weeks until their wounds were healed before releasing them into the woods- far away from the cats' favorite haunts. They were pretty laid back until they started feeling better and then they were two little bundles of energy! But we sure had fun!
~Quicksilver
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

I don't know why, but a lot of my family history/stories revolve around those floor casket type freezers with the big lift up lids. These stories are true...you can't make this up!

So I won't double post I'm boring you with two stories in one post.

Story one:

My father's first car was a 1970 Chevrolet Impala. He wanted a Corvette of course but my grandparents wouldn't go for that so he picked the next best thing thus the Impala.

My father took his own money and upgraded the wheels from the ugly stock ones and hubcaps that came with the car to Rally wheels they put on Corvettes and Camaros which looks great on the car. Dad's rationale was that if he couldn't have a whole Corvette at least he could have its feet. :lol:

When my mother and father got married they didn't have a lot of money to begin with, and my brother came along and they had even less. But my father always had pride in that car and he loved it and wasn't in too much of a hurry to get rid of it even though my mother tried to talk him into it and parley that money into a down payment for a house.

One day mom and dad were at some appliance store in Hickory, NC where there was a contest that if you could guess how many goldfish were in one of those floor/locker freezers you won it. My mother wasn't nuts about the idea of winning the freezer because some of the fish had already died in it and it stank. My father said at least those were easy to count and hopefully more would die while they were there and they'd have an edge. :roll:

While my mother was counting fish she said that my father ran out of the appliance store cursing and running. Mom followed and a man was running towards a slowly moving red pickup. It finally dawned on mom that the stuff the guy was carrying were the beauty rings and center caps of dad's Rally wheels. The guy's window was down and by then a crowd had gathered and mom said that dad was waving a piece of paper and screaming, "That's okay you (male offspring of a female dog) I got your license number!"

A week later mom and dad were back in Hickory to get the rings and caps back from the police and serve as witness to what had happened. The men plead guilty so there was no trial. While they were in the courthouse three people got into a fistfight in the hall during a recess and some woman's purse had been stolen. They haven't been back to Hickory since.

I have the Impala now, I had it painted and restored the interior myself except for the passenger side inner door vinyl. I teethed on it as a baby, learned how to drive in it, went on my first "real" date in it....blah blah.

The second story:

This takes place in the mid 50's, my father wasn't much older than five.

My grandparents had one of those big floor freezers (yeah again) but it didn't work anymore so they put it into the basement and used it as a safe/bank putting their valuables and rolls of change in it. As a child my father liked to play with the money in the freezer but once got into it and the door accidentally closed shut on him. If my grandmother hadn't been in the basement with him, my father could have very well have suffocated to death.

After that incident my grandmother demanded that mygrandfather get the freezer out of the basement and take it to the landfill. Even back them there was a white goods disposal fee....... and my grandfather who at times was so cheap he wouldn't spend a lovely evening...didn't want to pay the fee so the freezer sat in the backyard for a week while he tried to find a free way to deal with it without breaking the law.

One night a family friend arrived for dinner and asked why there was a freezer in the backyard, my grandfather told him why and about not wanting to pay a fee.

The friend said "Give me a dollar, I'll be right back!" My grandfather did and when the man got back he had cleaning materials and a "For Sale" sign.

My grandfather and his friend cleaned up the freezer and they even went as far as put a coat of Simoniz on it. When they were done it was beautiful clean shiny and white.

After that they hauled the freezer down to the edge of the road and put the nice brand new FOR SALE sign on it.

My grandfather before going to bed that night made sure that the porch lights were off and all the curtains were drawn. The house they lived in was in a pretty rural area and when it got dark...it was dark.

The next morning the freezer was gone. :lol:

I can't tell you how many times I laughed at that as a child and adult thinking of thieving idiots wrestling that gargantuan mammoth sized hernia fabricating freezer into a house, plugging it in and finding that it didn't work. :twisted:
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

Well when I was in 4th grade I found a bottle of 100 proff old grand dad,me and my friends drank it,me of course drank more and almost died,well maybe not a funny story but .And everyone knows my My little pony story,I still wake up sweating from that hehe.
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

I have a cute story to tell.

I was looking after my sisters youngest son last week and we were up in my room nd my nephew is always trying to get his hands on my toys.

so he's lying in my bed and I'm sitting on the floor talking to him as we have some cartoons on in the background and he looks up at my MP Prime and say "he is going to shoot me".
I reply to him, "no, he is a good guy, he won't harm you".

his reply to that....

"is that why he has the cheese?"

the little energon cube/all spark, he thought it was a block of cheese.

then when I wouldn't let him have it, he told me he needed to hug him to keep him warm. ;)
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

You could have at least let the kid have a bite of the cheese! ;)

How old is this one, Roddy?
Devastator
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Devastator »

Computron i have a very similar story to your squirrel story. i was 14 maybe 15 and camping in my buddies garden. i caught a hedgehog in the bushes and kept him in the tent over night then snook him home the next day. he lived in my bedroom for a week under my bed and i dug up worms for him and gave him cat food and milk. a week later i went camping again only to get home the next day to my parents looking at me strangely. i always had my door closed while 'Dave' was in there but my mum had gone in there for whatever reason and left the door open. my dad woke up in the night to go the bathroom and saw dave standing in my doorway. it makes me laugh now imagining the look on dads face seeing a hedgehog upstairs in his house. he released him and i never saw him again. boys will be boys