Toy "secrets"

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Razorclaw
Predacon Commander
Location: Behind you, ready to chop your head with my sonic sword...

Toy "secrets"

Post by Razorclaw »

This thread is for posting things about toys not displayed in the instructions.For example,today i have discovered that the legs of Unicron swing open and you can store minicons in there.I'm not 100% sure if the instructions say it or not but from a scan i have, it's not there.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Great topic, Charis!

I'll get started with the ability of holding Tracks' gun underneath the car (handy when it comes to "flying" mode)... But I'll get my booty to the camera position and start posting pics as soon as possible. I have more gossip to spill. :P
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i remember discovering all sorts of things like this over the years, i'll have to start checking instructions to see which are on them or not :lol:
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

Hehe,i knew that too Jose.I also know that the holes inside the G1 Prime trailer were designed to hold his fists and gun (i cheated here,i've read about it somewhere :lol: ).
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, To dungeons deep and caverns old. The pines were roaring on the height, The winds were moaning in the night, The fire was red, it flaming spread, The trees like torches blazed with light.
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

I better post something about movie leader OP's toes folding out. It drives Rodimus nuts, and it's not in the instructions. I had Unicron for a while before I noticed the leg flaps. Also, I never knew Mixmaster could hold a missile above his head until I saw it in one of Galvatron's comics.
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

In the US version of Mixmaster,there is a double silver missile that goes to his head but not in the European version (and the drill is missing too).Not 100% sure though.There are some purple missiles instead.At least my Devastator giftset didn't have them :roll:
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I found a way to put the g1 megatron gun barrel on his back rather than on his waist. It looks much better, and its not in the instructions. Of course, im sure so have many other people.
R.I.P. Menasor
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

when I had a G1 prime and ultra magnus the small fist in the cab in the seats lol

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Menasor
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

toy secrets

Post by Menasor »

i got the 2007 movie voyager starscream grey version and the instructions had voyager primes on the back of starscreams instructions
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

Dinobot wrote:I found a way to put the g1 megatron gun barrel on his back rather than on his waist. It looks much better, and its not in the instructions. Of course, im sure so have many other people.
I've cut the peg but when i gun mode the barrel won't lock in place. :(
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

its a little tricky but it can be done without cutting the peg.
R.I.P. Menasor
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

Too late :evil:
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

I'm sure you guys have done it but this isn't in the destructions and no one else had beat me to it....

You can put classics Jetfire into the Robotech Gerwalk mode.

You can also put his little two part gun (all together not seperate pieces) in between his rocket boosters with the gun pegs meeting the screw holes and it will stay........ giving Jetfire a little extra cannon fire.
Razorclaw
Predacon Commander

Post by Razorclaw »

Basically this one is very easy to find but i'll post it anyway since the instructions don't have it.Sunstreaker's rocket booster fits to his arm as well.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

My favourite thing to do [unoffical of course] is to put the MP/20th anniversary OP's megatron handgun into the claws of Leader brawl. He holds it quite well.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

here is one i have done a number of times and when I got my g1 thrust in the mail the other rembered it lol but the landing gear in the cockpit when in robot mode.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Rocktimus Prime
Powermaster

Post by Rocktimus Prime »

One that, as I recall, wasn't in the instructions, but everyone should know.

Original G1 Soundwave, his shoulder mounted gun and his hand held gun both fit into the battery compartment when in cassette mode.

Also, something unofficial. The G1 Seeker Jet wings and guns fit into the screw holes of Soundwave.
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

How about the fact that the cassettes can be placed into any player TF?
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Sixshot
Instrument Of Destruction

Post by Sixshot »

Dinobot wrote:I found a way to put the g1 megatron gun barrel on his back rather than on his waist. It looks much better, and its not in the instructions. Of course, im sure so have many other people.
I would really like to know how to do this safely, :D
- "Life is worth living only as long as there are enemies worth destroying!"
Shrapnel
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Shrapnel »

Rocktimus Prime wrote:One that, as I recall, wasn't in the instructions, but everyone should know.

Original G1 Soundwave, his shoulder mounted gun and his hand held gun both fit into the battery compartment when in cassette mode.
As I kid, I never realized the weapons were batteries and always wondered why Soundwave had a compartment in his back. It wasn't until I started collecting as an adult that the realization dawned on me. Little things like that that make those early Transformers the best of the bunch.