New toy purchases

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

OMG....LOL...I'm laughing sohard I think I may wet myself. That is hilarious.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Deszaras wrote:I think my friend is playing a joke on me. He gave me this zoid:
lol - yup, I saw that one and was giggling for ages. I mean, seriously, Wardick!? What else is it supposed to mean? That must be some serious dick if it can go to war!!! :lol:
Jetfire is a robosexual
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

lol - yup, I saw that one and was giggling for ages. I mean, seriously, Wardick!? What else is it supposed to mean? That must be some serious dick if it can go to war!!! :lol:

LMAO!!! :lol: :lol:
R.I.P. Menasor
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! Image
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :lol:

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Arrgh. All those TF's in the store and I can't buy! I WANT SO BAD! :evil:
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Here are pictures of my eagerly anticipated Omegatron Grand Convertor (Black/Red G1 Omega Supreme. Gonna make him Omega's arch Decepticon enemy Omegatron! Only missing parts are two med. size clips for the back of his legs!

***And here's my other bot I got in today! KO Robotic Radio Bot. He's got very tight joints! :D The only problem is he's got a cosmic rust problem on one of his battery posts! He comes with a cool battle axe and he's an actual working AM radio![/u](Thanks to my good friend Ramjet for helping me find him!)

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I am so jealous of your omegatron, I have been looking all over for one of those! Very 8)
R.I.P. Menasor
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

Ooooo....that IS the AM one. So he only came with an ax, no gun. Sweet. Still kicking myself for not swooping a cheap Omegatron a while back. :x

*Ramjet-hooking you up with Robotic Radios since 1886.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Yeah Ramjet...It's the AM version! Do they come with FM too?? If so, since you been hooking up people with them since 1886, hook me up with one! :D

As for the sweet Omegatron...the seller was trying to sell it for $699 plus $65 for shipping , I offered him $500, he counter-offer with $550 with free shipping!! This is coming from Hong Kong. I couldn't pass that deal up! :D
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Great finds sentinel - that AM radio bot looks pretty sizeable... I assume he's way bigger than either Soundwave or Blaster?
Jetfire is a robosexual
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

$550! Are you nuts?!?
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Sentinel, I love your endless supply of faction symbols to stick on KO's and officialize them :P
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Sideways wrote:$550! Are you nuts?!?
I'll ask the same question. I got mine for less than $200 {and he was complete}

todays arrival:

this guy cost me a mere $80 (usd), not bad for a liokaiser [3 original breastforce, three rescue force]. Just need to find a head for him.
Last edited by Deszaras on Thu May 22, 2008 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Nice find Des! BTW, your Zoids DVDs arrived this morning so I'm going to settle down with a big bag of crisps and a 2l bottle of Pepsi and veg out watching it whilst Mrs S is out today.... :lol: Thanks for the DVDs!

Also, this arrived this morning and I've already assembled him;

There's some real interesting "contradictions" going on with this Zoid. First off, the rear box-art shows twin gatling guns on his back, which is wrong;

Then, there's some mis-spelled stickers. On the box, there are stickers on him that say "cution" instead of "caution", and lo and behold, the actual stickers in the box also say "cution" :lol:

However, really oddly, when I look at the picture on the front of the assembly manual, the stickers on that Zoid do say "caution", which is just plain weird! :?
Jetfire is a robosexual
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

The frames are identical to those used for the Red Horn, with the exception of the additional frame for the Hybrid Gattling.

The Dark Horn’s construction isn’t overly complex or difficult, putting it roughly in the middle of the range for Zoid complexity. The Dark Horn uses a pair of “AA” sized batteries for motion. Once activated, the Zoid walks forwards, its jaws chomping while the Hybrid Vulcan’s barrels spin.

The Dark Horn model was first released in 1989, with production continuing until about 1990. As the Dark Horn shares its mould with the Red Horn, it too is showing signs of wear and mould degradation

A limited edition version of the Dark Horn was released in 2004 as a part of the Fuzors line, combined with Toy's Dream Project. The dark chrome pilots are replaced with dull red ones, and it has a new label sheet based on the original stickers. The motor, eyes, and stickers on this version do glow.

Despite some of the packaging artwork depicting a Dark Horn with two Gattling Cannons, along with several other design changes, the kit has no modifications from a standard Dark Horn model.
that should explain why there's only one beam gatling on the figure. :wink:

This arrived today as well:

Thanks to trance for another excellent figure.
Sunstorm
Nuclear Nemesis

Post by Sunstorm »

Thanks for that about Dark Horn.... some other things of note about him. I ended up with piece B31 left on the sprues... I've been over and over and over the manual and nowhere does it show where this piece goes :? He still works without it though. Also, there is nothing in the instructions that tells me where the stickers go - I've used the pic on the box to place about 50% just fine, but the rest I'm left with I haven't a clue where they go, so I'll use artistic licence methinks...

I noticed this Dark Horn only uses 1 AA battery instead of 2, which is nice.

Now I need a blacklight to photograph him under once all the stickers are applied and I bet he'll look awesome 8)
Jetfire is a robosexual
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

Sunstorm wrote:Thanks for that about Dark Horn.... some other things of note about him. I ended up with piece B31 left on the sprues... I've been over and over and over the manual and nowhere does it show where this piece goes :?
Ah that due to him sharing a sprue with the red horn.

the component I circled is the one you have left correct. if so then its not needed when you have the beam gatling on the figure.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I need to correct something....when I said I got my Omegatron for $550 with free shipping, I got it mixed up with another rare purchase I made. I ACTUALLY got a great deal on my Omegatron!!! I got him for $296.00! This also included the shipping cost! Is that a better deal guys??? And yes the electronics worksd too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MERFB:IID

The figure I was referring to I got for $550 with free shipping is rare find...Takara Japanese Artfire. A repaint of G1 Inferno. The seller originally wanted $699 for it plus overseas shipping costs! When I actually get it I will post more pics. Here's what it looks like:

Also has anyone ever heard of or seen this particular Jr. Headmaster figure? He's called Go-Shooter. He's a repaint of Jr. Headmaster Siren. Beside the color change, he is a police car vs. fire chief. The only info I could find on him was this:

http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/ ... rMIB1.html

***Here's a couple of pics of him. When I receiv him, I'll post more pics:

Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

SentinelPrime wrote: Also has anyone ever heard of or seen this particular Jr. Headmaster figure? He's called Go-Shooter. He's a repaint of Jr. Headmaster Siren. Beside the color change, he is a police car vs. fire chief. The only info I could find on him was this:

http://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/ ... rMIB1.html

***Here's a couple of pics of him. When I receiv him, I'll post more pics:

yes. he showed up in the masterforce toon and siren is a repaint of him.