Concerts

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Concerts

Post by Dinobot »

Last night I went to see one of the most influential bands of all time in my life FILTER. I have been screwed out of seeing them since their first album back in 1995. Im sure some of you know who they are. What I can say is, after all these years, Richard Patrick is still a screaming maniac! I lost my voice last night because of how loud I was cheering for the show. It was an all out rock your socks off blowout and I was right on the front rail. I am slightly deaf still this morning. So I can say that after 13 years, I finally was able to see one of my all time favorites. I just had to rant cause it was so bad @$$!
R.I.P. Menasor
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Thank god you enjoyed it!! It would have been terrible had you not. Been a while since I have been to a concert. Went to see the Rat Pack live tribute show, excellent. The Elvis tribute where its the original band with Elvis on the screen. I actually met the Piano player, Glen Harding. Bryan Adams* and Daniel Beddingfield.**

* & ** note the lack of concern for these two as I bought my wife the tickets and went with her. :roll:
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

For my b-day a couple years ago, my wife and I got to see the country group Alabama on their farewell tour.

More recently saw an awesome christian all male group called Acapella. They sing all acapella christian music, NO INSTRUMENTS!! What drum beat sounds they make all acapella as well! It is totally awesome! They travel all our the country and the world!

OKAY....showing my age and out of touch with these new bands....Who is Filter???? What kind of music do they play? :oops:
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Re: Concerts

Post by Roar »

Dinobot wrote:Last night I went to see one of the most influential bands of all time in my life FILTER. I have been screwed out of seeing them since their first album back in 1995. Im sure some of you know who they are. What I can say is, after all these years, Richard Patrick is still a screaming maniac! I lost my voice last night because of how loud I was cheering for the show. It was an all out rock your socks off blowout and I was right on the front rail. I am slightly deaf still this morning. So I can say that after 13 years, I finally was able to see one of my all time favorites. I just had to rant cause it was so bad @$$!
I'm glad you had a good time and enjoyed yourself.

Also that you didn't have to sneak in like at the Star Wars thingy! :wink:

I haven't been to a concert in years! I saw Jeff Foxworthy in Greensboro and I went to the Winston-Salem Symphony a couple of times but screaming isn't really welcome there unless there is a fire or something.

One time I asked Wes if I could scream "Play some Skynard, Man!!!!" while Dvorak's "New World Symphony" was being played but he said he'd divorce me so I didn't.
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

Glad you had fun. A couple of months ago I got to see X play in Indianapolis and it was THE single GREATEST show I've EVER seen! They are one of my top 5 favorite bands of all time and they only played stuff from their first 4 albums, which is all I wanted to hear. They gave 120% and sounded absolutely perfect!
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

SentinelPrime wrote:OKAY....showing my age and out of touch with these new bands....Who is Filter???? What kind of music do they play? :oops:
They're a rock group. Probably their most well-known/biggest hits were Take a Picture, along with The Best Things.

And I won't mention what my last concert was, for the sake of avoiding embarrassment ... SHUT UP, RODIMUS.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I want to see Kiss in concert one day.
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

Arcee..did you go see the Backstreet Boys????
Commander Megatron

Post by Commander Megatron »

I know who it was Arcee!! Yeah, it is definitley better left unsaid.... :lol:
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

Me too sidways that would be freakin sweet :D

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Nope, HotShot. I would have disowned her if she had gone to see them! :-P

I have only ever been to one music concer tin my entire life, I am so lame. It sucked cos I didn't even wanna be there, I had gotten to tickets as a birthday gift for an ex.

Hey, Arcee, we gotta go to a good concert some time.

We did miss out on going to see Evanesence, I had to fly home the day before their concert. :( I would have liked to have gone to see them.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Hot Shot, I assure you, it was NOT the Backstreet Boys. *shudder* I have a friend who is trying to convince me to go to the New Kids on the Block reunion concert with her, if you can believe that. Over my dead body.
Commander Megatron wrote:I know who it was Arcee!! Yeah, it is definitley better left unsaid.... :lol:
LOL, Shut up! I don't care what anybody says, I still love them!! And I'm willing to bet YOU loved them in their hayday, too, liar! :lol: That's why Rodimus wouldn't dare poke fun, because he knows he's just as guilty... :P

But, yes, Evanescence would have been awesome. We used to go to the Dropkick Murphy shows every St. Patrick's Day, but that's getting old ... although if you were here at the time, I'd go again with you.
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Not sure if I would enjoy the dropkicks one, but it could be fun. I guess I wouldn't know until we tried. As long as I don't have to beat up any drunkards for trying to grab your butt ;)
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

You'd be beating up yourself... :lol: :oops:
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

hey if it means I get to touch your ass...then....

WOOHOO...GIGGITY
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

Now I'm curious :?

Who could you possibly be embarassed to admit to seeing and liking?

Was it one of those boy bands like N'sync(my wife likes them and Backstreet boys) And I still married her :oops:
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Arcee wrote:You'd be beating up yourself... :lol: :oops:

is that wrong to do?
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

'm gonna guess Duran Duran.

Who I've seen in concert. :oops:
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Trailbreaker wrote:'m gonna guess Duran Duran.

No shame in that at all!

Duran Duran kicks butt! Rio, Hungry Like The Wolf, Girls On Film, View To A Kill, Electric Barbaraella?

I would love the see the Pet Shop Boys, Kylie Minogue,

Stardust http://youtube.com/watch?v=hrjOhQZWU7k,

Shakespeare's Sister, and Sophie Ellis Bextor in concert too! (Shakespeare's Sister is Bananarama you know)
queen_lynxana
Targetmaster

Post by queen_lynxana »

Roar wrote:
Trailbreaker wrote:'m gonna guess Duran Duran.

No shame in that at all!

Duran Duran kicks butt! Rio, Hungry Like The Wolf, Girls On Film, View To A Kill, Electric Barbaraella?

I would love the see the Pet Shop Boys, Kylie Minogue,

Stardust http://youtube.com/watch?v=hrjOhQZWU7k,

Shakespeare's Sister, and Sophie Ellis Bextor in concert too! (Shakespeare's Sister is Bananarama you know)
I hate Duran Duran due to an annoying ex-boyfriend that wouldn't stop playing that sh*t.

I like Pet Shop Boys........now I'm really going to show my age here......I remember when they were new. One of my favs was "What have I've done to deserve this" and "It's a sin" I like that better than "West end girls"

I love the song "Stay" from Shakespear's Sister" You better hope and pray that you'll stay back in your own world......

OMG, they are Banarama? I never knew that! I love "Venus" from them, the old cover from "Shocking Blue"

Edit: I never heard of Sophie Bextor till you. I love her song "Murder on the Dance Floor"

queen lynxana must keep her dirty lil secret a secret when it comes to girls ;)

You corrupted me with Sophie.....
Last edited by queen_lynxana on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.