Concerts

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Rocktimus Prime
Powermaster

Post by Rocktimus Prime »

I went and saw Ween a couple of months ago, and I have a ticket to see Devo in August. Best year for international bands EVER.
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

This is just for you there Queen Lynxana

Memories

I saw them back in the day as well.....and you aren't that old...I remember when they came out too. Along with INXS saw them more than once.
queen_lynxana
Targetmaster

Post by queen_lynxana »

Hot Shot wrote:This is just for you there Queen Lynxana

Memories

I saw them back in the day as well.....and you aren't that old...I remember when they came out too. Along with INXS saw them more than once.
queen_lynxana chokes the "oh hell, I don't know if he is a car or what..."

I hate that damn song LOL
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Its a silly thing I know but I can imagine all these great Transformers and Thundercats battles in my head set to 80's music.

I wish I had the money and talent to do it I would make a "silent" Transformers battle short with the soundtrack just being a song.

I can definitely see Arcee tearing it up on a New York City street kicking the spark out of Decepticons left and right to "Rio".

I also forgot that I had been to one other concert. I went to "Merlefest" a few years ago with my parents and spent a WHOLE weekend there.

I wished several times that Dr.Kevorkian had been there to help me out of it. :roll:

Oh and I gotta tell you guys this........ When I was going to UNC Charlotte someone broke out the window to my car and stole a bunch of my old cassette tapes mostly a lot of 80's compilation discs and a copy of Pet Shop Boys "Bilingual" on compact disc. I called the police and they did a print dusting etc. but nothing ever came out of it but my insurance did replace my window.

A couple of weeks after that happened and I had pretty much forgotten all about it I walked out to my car and there was a jewel case and a note in my windshield wiper.

The note said "You have BEEP taste in music!" and the Pet Shop Boys Bilingual CD had come back to me.

I thought it was funny! I might as well have. :roll: I still have the CD too! I guess they couldn't take it! :twisted: :lol:
Last edited by Roar on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
queen_lynxana
Targetmaster

Post by queen_lynxana »

I can definitely see Lynxana kicking ass to the song "Break Stuff" from Limp Bizkit"

Cheetara, being one of Lynxie's main targets.....

GIVE ME SOMETHING TO BREAK!
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I love that song if im in a bad mood.
R.I.P. Menasor
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Here is the concerts i've been to.....

Steve Miller Band
my first concert EVER, I was in my late teens.

Reo Speedwagon
Foreigner
Peter Frampton
all 3 played for an hour each, Foreigner was the best of the 3

Weird Al Yankovic
I grew my mustache and wore a hawaiian shirt.
I looked a lot like him.
He was funny as hell. One of my most favorite concerts
He even put on the FAT costume

Creedence Clearwater Revisited --twice
only 2 original members, the lead singer sounds just like the original

Rob Zombie
hte drum set was built on top of a huge demon head. I thought for sure i was in the pits of hell when I went to that concert.

Def Leppard
they played at the fair grounds. it rained that night and they were told that they could only be turned up to a sertain volume. the volume was so low, they almost cancelled the show. singer, Joe Elliot told the audience that he was extremely P-O'd and offered anyone who wanted there money back to go ahead and get it. then he said this is the last time they would ever play in salem Oregon.

Cheap Trick
they opened for Aerosmith, only played their hits for about an hour.
the lead guitarist had a 5 neck guitar I wish i had that LOL

Aerosmith -- twice
1997 the first time i went was on my first date with the wife.
she liked country music. that concert changed her mind.
the second time, was 2005, they still rocked but they didn't play all of my favorites. Of course, if they played all my favorites, they would have to play for about a day straight

Megadeth
they rocked so hard the wall in the auditorium were sweating
it was my first metal concert, i went mosh pitting!!!! (for about 2 minutes)
then i got the hell out of there and went to the back of the pit

Metallica
before they started to suck, they would play a couple of their LOAD songs and a few people would applaud but once they played an old classic, the crowd went wild. near the end of the show they had it set up for everything on stage to collapse. light towers fell down, the sound went out, the lights went out, some dude from under the stage came running out on FIRE!! it was awesome, it even made the newspapers.

Corrosion Of Conformity
they opened for Megadeth, those guys were / are heavy!!
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Trailbreaker wrote:'m gonna guess Duran Duran.
Oh man, I WISH! I LOVE Duran Duran!! :lol:
Roar wrote:I would love the see the Pet Shop Boys, Kylie Minogue
Me too, especially Kylie. I adore her, and her new CD is meant to be pretty good (which I keep meaning to pick up and always forget).
Hot Shot wrote:Now I'm curious :?
Who could you possibly be embarassed to admit to seeing and liking?
Okay ... fine. I guess I'll spill. But remember--you asked for it ...

HAH! Yes, that's RIGHT--I went and saw the Spice Girls reunion tour a few months ago, and it was awesome! I still love them, and I don't care what anybody says ... *beats hand over chest, runs out screaming "Girl Power"*
Trailbreaker
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Trailbreaker »

Spice Girls are soooooooo ridiculous that I think going to their concert is awesome!

BTW-Duran Duran rocked!
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

So I guess I've been to a few of these in my lifetime. I'd go to more but they don't really happen around here all that much. Here's all the big name ones anyway.

3 Doors Down: I liked it a lot at the time, but now looking back they're a terrible band. It was a good thing one of their opening acts was Our Lady Peace a band I absolutely love. The lead singer from OLP even climbed part of the stage tower thingies while singing.

The Alan Parsons Project twice: These were the best concerts I ever went to and I'm sure TT will agree.

They Might Be Giants: Also extremely awesome. Not much to say. They are masters of their art.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Arcee wrote:
Roar wrote:I would love the see the Pet Shop Boys, Kylie Minogue
Me too, especially Kylie. I adore her, and her new CD is meant to be pretty good (which I keep meaning to pick up and always forget).
Fever hands down is one of her best albums! There isn't a bomb or filler song on it and her videos kick considerable amounts of butt!

Hard to believe the little girl who covered "Locomotion" did this!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rfr9bhSmfXc

A video with a DeTomaso Mangusta? Arrrrggghhhhh! *like Homer Simpson*

Until she comes to us, Arcee:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=haoCgGzS0wY

I think you'd like Sophie Bextor too. I can't post my favorite because it has something that would offend some posters but look for "Murder On The Dancefloor" and give a listen I think you'd like it! :wink: You know if you wanna' i'm not twisting your arm or anything
Hot Shot
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Hot Shot »

The Spice girls weren't so bad....and her I thought you were gonna say Boy George and Culture Club got back together :lol:

Or Dead or Alive (You Spin me right round Baby right Round..like a record baby.....LOL...sorry.....temporary 80's reversion....back to normal now....sort of :D
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Hot Shot wrote:The Spice girls weren't so bad....and her I thought you were gonna say Boy George and Culture Club got back together
LOL! Err, not quite... :lol: That's too funny.
Roar wrote:Until she comes to us, Arcee:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=haoCgGzS0wY
Is it retarded that that makes me giddy? I would kill to see one of her shows. Every performance of hers that I watch is always better than the last. Damn you, Kylie.

...Meanwhile, this thread continues to destroy whatever respectable reputation I may have deluded myself into thinking I had...
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Here are the concerts that I have seen so far:

Filter
Korn
Limp Bizkit
Tool X2
Offspring
30 Seconds to Mars
10 Years
Silverchair
Rammstein
Ice Cube (dont ask why)
The Police
Duran Duran
Eddie Money X3
Pat Benatar
Joan Jett
REO Speedwagon
38 Special
Phil Collins
Steve Winwood
Hall and Oates
Huey Lewis and The News
Micheal Mcdonald
Loverboy
Foreigner
Average White Band
Billy Idol

This weekend Journey, Styx, and heart are playing together at the OKC Zoo. I missed Cyndi Lauper last night (bummer, not really). My friends and I are on a mission to see every 80's band still playing. Robert Palmer was going to start a US tour till he died from a heart attack, the same week John Ritter had his heart problem. It was depressing
R.I.P. Menasor
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Arcee wrote:
Commander Megatron wrote:I know who it was Arcee!! Yeah, it is definitley better left unsaid.... :lol:
LOL, Shut up! I don't care what anybody says, I still love them!! And I'm willing to bet YOU loved them in their hayday, too, liar! :lol:
I did like them to look at, well some of them. They were OK, in their day. The first song they did. "Tell ya' what I want" I wis h to **** someone would have given them what they wanted a lot sooner.

"Alright spice girls love son"
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

is this a bad time to mention that Kylie is doing 4 dates here in Belfast?

I bet Arcee will be swimming across the ocean as we speak. :-P
Commander Megatron

I would swim ariound the world for her!!! :wink:
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Rodimus Prime wrote:is this a bad time to mention that Kylie is doing 4 dates here in Belfast?

I bet Arcee will be swimming across the ocean as we speak. :-P
Trenchcoat, sunglasses and a small hand held video camera, Rodimus. Get crack a' lackin' on that! I'll even pay for your ticket! :wink:

The only live music around here is that guy that sits in front of the Rural Hall grill on a moped with a guitar that has a string missing.

He's pretty darn good considering how drunk he is!
Commander Megatron

Me and Rodimus have one like that, he sits in town at the back of boots and sings all the wrong words with his guitar and amp.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Commander Megatron wrote:Me and Rodimus have one like that, he sits in town at the back of boots and sings all the wrong words with his guitar and amp.
LOL, I totally saw him when I was over! He was attempting to sing "Walk the Line," and Rodimus got all pissed off that he was getting the words wrong, hahaa...
Rodimus Prime wrote:is this a bad time to mention that Kylie is doing 4 dates here in Belfast?