TFL Interviews

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

R.P. For one time only I welcome you to the big RED couch. Yes, an Autobot is in the hot seat so we reupholstered the furniture. My guest today is our normal host, Commander Megatron

C.M. I feel very uncomfortable on this big red Autocouch!!

RP. Glad to hear that, I didn't like it being all purple and uncormfortable.

C.M. It will be re-upholstered shortly...Scrapper, be ready.

RP. Lets start with the obvious, you are Commander Megatron here at TFL. Why the love of the Decepticon leader? Also why the handle Commander Megatron?

C.M. Megatron was the boss simple as that. When I was young and played football/soccer I always liked to be captain, I always liked to be the leader. Myself and a few friends (who you know) had a little "gang" if you will. I was the commander of that as well. Wasn't a bad gang just kids getting up to kid things really. I always had an idea of something to do or if the plans went wrong and something bad happened then I would have a plan to get out of it. As for the Commander Megatron handle, it just reflects my youth, I want to be the boss, an endless quest for respect.

RP. You have always been a fan of TFs, but only in the past couple of years you have started collecting the toys again. What got you back into Transformers after all this time?

C.M. I was never out of them. I alwys loved them and always talked about them. My brother and I would constantly argue over the battle at Autobot city between me and Optimus. Believe me any discussion here about it is chicken feed to me and Matthew arguing over it.

RP. How did you come across Transformerland?

C.M. It was the Twelth of July 2006 and I was at my mums on her computer. I started to mess around with the transformer name and typed in transformerworld...nothing... then transformerland, I will be here 2 years shortly.

RP. You have been a member of TFL for a almost 2 years now, are you enjoying it as much as always?

C.M. Definitely, I have seen the progress the site has made and watched members come and go. Sure the place dips every once in a while, but doesn't everywhere? I enjoy coming here and seeing what everyone has said and what is new. I try to pitch in as much as possible but it is a pleasure to be here with all you guys and gals.

RP. Have you made many friends here?

C.M. Absolutely!! I have many friends here and I would hope to make many more. I try and make everyone feel welcome here and as such offer the hand of friendship.

RP. Thanks for that CM, now onto some TF related questions.
Who is your favorite Transformer character?

C.M. Optim...Yeah right!!! There is only one Megatron.

RP. Do you have any characters you hate?

C.M. I have a real dislike for Wheelie and Blurr, damn them to Unicron!!

RP. What is your favorite transformer toy?

C.M. A tie between the Fallen (Thanks Roar :wink:) Classics Jetfire and Fortress Maximus.

RP. what is your least favourite toy?

C.M. I can't believe I am going to say this but, Masterpiece Megatron. He is awful. I can't believe they did such a good job of MP Optimus and a terrible job of me.

RP. You have an almost complete G1 collection. Are you planning on buying any more toys, TF related of course?

C.M. I need 5 more TF's for a complete U.S. G1 collection. Targetmasters Scourge, Hotrod, Blurr, Kup and a non Targetmaster Cyclonus. Of course I will be buying more, I am looking at possibly the classics.

RP. For you what is your least favorite toy line?

C.M. Beast Machines, damn they are awful. If you are referring to G1 then it would be the standard Action Masters that don't have vehicles, like Grimlock, Inferno or Shockwave.

RP. Is there a particular Transformer toy you would like to own?

C.M. I would love a Targetmaster Scourge, tho I am going to have to pay big money for him.

RP. You have displayed a vast knowledge of the G1 comics (I should know, you tell me the pages word for word in work). How and when did you discover the comics for the first time and are there any you don't own that you really want? Also do you have a favourite arc or issue?

C.M. My first comic, Issue 37 of the U.K. run, my dad bought it for me and I never looked back. That was the issue were Buster dissected Jetfire with a thought after Optimus Prime had given him the Matrix. There are a few collected comics that I would like and one or two annuals as well. Favorite arc is definitely the Time Wars story, the art work and storyline were awesome. The story was built up over 2 years then exploded when Galvatron and Megatron team up after Megatron kills Cyclonus.

RP. What have you taken from TFL the most, if we exclude friendships? for example have you learned anything you never knew before?

C.M. My knowledge of the toys has vastly improved, as I said in Jose's interview. I knew who they all were in the G1 line, but never knew of the recolors, and all the different variations of molds and stuff.

RP. At this stage I would like to thank you for keeping us all up to date on the situation with Dirge, he has returned now, but I believe I am speaking for us all when I say thanks.

C.M. It was relief to be able to tell you all that Derrick was ok, and I just want to think Kath for keeping me informed as well.

RP. Is there anything else you would like to add?

C.M. Just to thank you all for taking part in the interviews and everyone for being so friendly. Anyone who hasn't been asked fear not, its only a matter of time. To both the Autobots, neutrals and my Decepticons I have nothing but respect for you all for making Transformerland the best damn transformer website out there.

Next up for a gossip...Sideways.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Sideways, it is an honor to have you here.

C.M. Tell us a bit about yourself what do you do?

Sideways I currently work at Wal*Mart in the electronics department. I'm hoping to go back to school to earn a degree with computers, which is one of my hobbies.

C.M. How did you come across transformerland?

I was looking for a couple of RiD figures and I happened to type in some kind of keyword in google and found the site. It took me a little while to realize that TFL had a forum and I joined up after I bought my Landfill from Trance.
C.M. Do you have many of the G1 toys?

Sideways No, not really. The only one I know of is G1 Blaster.

C.M. Are you enjoying it here?

Sideways Yes, I certainly am. It's like a second home here.

C.M. Have you made many friends here?

Sideways I've met some awesome people here and have also had some run ins with some I'd rather not talk about.

C.M. Why did you pick Sideways as a character?

Sideways To be honest, I am not sure about the true details. I remember watching Armada and seeing Sideways for the first time. I was shocked to find him a traitor and then even more to see him become a virus of sorts.

C.M. If you were to choose someone else instead of Sideways who would it be?

Sideways That's a tough one. Probably Blaster.

C.M. Do you have many of the transformer toys?

Sideways I used to almost all of the Armada and Energon figures as well as a handful of Cybertron and Rid. I lost those in an incident that happened earlier this year. I know have a smaller collection but have retained those which are most important to me.

C.M. What happened?

Sideways I was forced to leave a lot of my stuff behind when I moved.

C.M. What is your favorite transformer toy?

Sideways I probably like the RiD Rail Racer team or Omega Prime. All of the RiD figures were ahead of their time and had superior poseability compared to today's figures.

C.M. Is there a particular toy that you would like to have?

Sideways To be honest, I would like to have my Armada and part of my Energon collection back. I miss Energon Prime, Wingsaber and Omega Supreme.

C.M. What is your least favorite Transformer toy?

Sideways Not sure.

C.M. Who is your favorite character?

Sideways My favorite G1 Character was Blaster. In Beast Wars it was Rhinox. RiD was UM. Armada it was Sideways. Energon, I'm not sure.

C.M. Who is your least favorite character?

Sideways Energon Ironhide.

C.M. Is there anything you would like to add?

Autobots Rule!

Next up our resident nurse, Minerva
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Minerva, it is an honor to have you here.

Minerva Thank you Commander, but the honor is mine!

Minerva I live in a small town in northern Sweden, which has been my home for most of my life. I work as a nurse in said towns only hospital and have done so for a couple of years now. My current job is to clean and sterilize surgical instruments (sounds weird, I know).

I’ve been a fan of action figures, especially Transformers, for as long as I can remember. Apart from Transformers I have managed to collect all kinds of figures during the years, everything from MOTU, TMNT, Dinoriders to Sectaurs, Thundercats, Aliens, and Star Wars.

Minerva Like I said I’ve always had a thing for Transformers, but my interest had cooled down a bit during the years. Watching the 2007 movie sparked that interest and I started collecting a bit more seriously again. I decided to get a few of the Transformers I’d always wanted when I was little, but never could get. Among others I got a couple of Starscreams, which, despite both being G1’s, didn’t look alike. I started searching the internet for answers and finally found TFL. It seemed like a good place to ask my questions so I decided to join.

Minerva Yes I am! Joining this forum is probably one of the best things I’ve ever done! It’s interesting to see other members collections, read their questions/comments etc. and be able to post my own as well. I’m also impressed by how much everyone seems to know about everything!

Minerva Yes I’ve made many friends here, some better than others …and some a lot better! L! I also agree with everyone who’s said that TFL is more or less like a big family.

C.M. Why did you pick Minerva as a character?

Minerva I picked Minerva since I thought she was the one most like me, medic and all!

C.M. You at last have joined in the roleplay, about time to!! What made you join in?

Minerva LOL! Yeah, thank you! I’ve never roleplayed before so I’ve been quite hesitant to join, not knowing how it works and so on. What made me join? Let’s just say that I was persuaded.

Minerva I have collected a bunch over the years. I’ve never counted them all, but I’ve realized that one bookshelf isn’t enough to put them all on display.

Minerva I have several, but if I had to pick just one it would have to be one of my latest hauls; G1 Wheeljack.

Minerva Several! Right now I have my mind set on the animated toys, but I’m also hoping to be able to afford more of the G1 figures, such as Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx and Bruticus.

Minerva I don’t think I own a Transformer toy that I dislike…

Minerva I have several favorites here too, but I think I’ll say Prowl. He’s been one of my absolute favorites since I was little.

Minerva I actually have a few characters that would fall into the category, all for obvious reasons…
I watched most of the G1 series not too long ago, and I found Seaspray (among others) quite annoying.

Minerva Thank you for the interview, and also that I’m looking forward to read more of them soon.

Next up, King Posiedon himself, Piranocon.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Piranocon, it is a pleasure to have you here.

Piranocon The pleasure is all mine it is great to read these interviews. Lets us all get to know each other better

Piranocon Well I was a long time construction worker untill about 4 years ago. Then i got a job at our local hospital doing home hospice setups (oxygen and beds and other home medical equipment). Gotta say i like this line of work alot better. But besides work I just stay at home most of the time with my wife and my 14 month old daughter.

Piranocon Well i was doing a search for a complete transformers G1 list and found a link to TFL and have been here ever since.

Piranocon I love it here. I'm here almost everyday. I belong to alot of different toy forums but this is by far the best one, everyone here seems to have something constructive to say and there are no flame wars!!

C.M. Have you made many friends here? .

Piranocon I'd like to think so i haven't really chatted with anyone on msn or anything because im not on the computer at home much and if I am I'm playing warcraft lol. But I seem to think everyone here is very nice

C.M. Why did you pick Piranocon as a character?

Piranocon Well I useally go by the name lostmafia on the internet, but when I joined I wanted to have a TF screen name. I happen to have my Seacons on my computer desk atm so Piranacon was born

C.M. Will you ever join in the roleplay?

Piranocon Like i said above im not on the computer much at home, so I wouldnt have time to do much RP.

Piranocon Haven't counted in along time but I belive I have around 1000 give or take a few.

C.M. 1,000!! Are they a mix of all the different generations?

Piranocon Some from every generation/line I think the only complete lines I have are R.I.D and Armada

C.M. What is your favorite generation?

Piranocon Would have to go with G1 my favorite because I grew up with them and they bring back a lot of memories

C.M. What is your least favorite generation?

Piranocon Again I like them all but least favorite would have to be G2 or BM.

Piranocon Really I like them all but the one I would keep if I had to get rid of everything else would prolly be my Fort Max.

Piranocon I would love to have a Grandus figure

Piranocon Again really I like all of the toys, dont have a least favorite but gun to my head I would have to say Scrounge from BW

Piranocon Gotta go with Megatron here, his ruthlessness is a thing of legend.

Piranocon Would have to go with Wheelie on this one, don't care for the character at all.

C.M. How do you like to relax away from transformerland?

Piranocon When not on here I play World Of Warcraft and spend time with my family.

Piranocon I would jsut like to say thankyou to Trance and all the admins,mods and all the members for making this an awesome place to come and chat with other transformer fans. Its nice to be able to have an actuall conversation with people about transformers that doesnt end up in a fanboy/fangirl dispute!

Next up on the big purple couch Inferno/Blackjack
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Inferno, it is a pleasure to have you here.

Blackjack It's a pleasure to be here, Commander.

Blackjack Well I'm from small town, backwoods, America first off so, as with any person from a different area, I have a different perspective on life and such. My name as many of you know is Jarron Hewitt (no relation to the actress I can assure you). I recently graduated from college with a Bachelor's degree in environmental engineering and I'm currently job hunting. I had originally thought I'd do a Master's degree, but that really doesn't suit me right now. I'm working on becoming a part time writer and as a few of you know I completed a rough draft of my first novel about a year ago. I'm working on the revision to that novel and a sequel currently and I feel that the first chapter is in a reasonably good enough shape to show to the public, so PM me if you'd like to see that. Other than that I enjoy anime, Transformers, video games, and spending time outdoors.

C.M. Will we be seeing more of you here at Transformerland now you are back?

Blackjack Definitely in the roleplay at least. I think I finally have a reliable home Internet connection, so I'm trying to become more active here overall and I'm also going to try and get to know some of you better.

Blackjack Well I lived with TT for three years and when you live with him there's really no escaping it. He pretty much held a gun to my head and said "join transformerland forums or else I shoot". The rest is history.

Blackjack Absolutely. I know I've not been the most active member, but this is the single best online community I've belonged to. Full of good, quality people.

C.M. Have you made many friends here? .

Blackjack Unfortunately I haven't really chatted with too many of the members. I know TT well from beforehand and Rattrap also from college. I've talked to Galvatron a bit as well, but I don't really feel I know anyone here that well. I'm trying to be on MSN more, so look me up. I'd love to make some friends.

C.M. Why did you pick Inferno as a character?

Blackjack After watching Beast Wars a few years ago, I decided he was absolutely one of the best characters ever. Now I know the character doesn't have much development other than being a Megatron fanboy (nothing wrong with that of course), but I still liked him. There's not much else to it other than my liking for the character.

C.M. In the roleplay you are using the Autobot Blackjack, any reason as to the use of an Autobot in the roleplay?

Blackjack Well to be one-hundred percent honest, it's just my nature to be one of the good guys. I've always enjoyed villains, but I can't really play one. What can I say, I have a heroic nature. Also I wanted to play as my fan character and he's an Autobot.

Blackjack I actually have one, a present I received from TT. It's an Alternators Shockwave. I'm thinking of getting some Transformers Animated toys though if I can get some money for that.

Blackjack I've seen a lot of them, living with TT and even though I've never owned any I'd have to say I like any of the Generation One Powermaster toys and the others from that year, particularly Pirranacon. This is because the animated series for that year (Transformers Super God Masterforce) holds kind of a special place in my heart.

Blackjack Not really. I'd be happy with any of them. They are great toys. I know that's kind of a lame answer, but there's not much else to say about it. One thing I notice about this place is that many members are hardcore collectors. That's not really me. I just enjoy the cartoons and the whole Transformers universe in general.

Blackjack Don't really have one. You might just want to leave this question out.

Blackjack I'm sure this is hard for everyone. Let's see there's a few. I like Inferno (of course), Shockwave, Wreck-Gar, Pirranacon, Thunderwing, and Blitzwing.

Blackjack Not a big Starscream fan. I wouldn't necessarily call him my least favorite, but again I don't really have one of those.

Blackjack Well again thank you for interviewing me. I'd like to say it's been nice knowing everyone here and I look forward to getting to know many of you more than I do, which isn't much.

Next up on the big purple couch, Autobot Super Warrior Computron
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Computron it is a pleasure to have you here.

Comp. It's great to be here. An honor really, to sit here where so many great ones have sat before. I will say that this is the second time I've gone through this interview. I Lost the first one in a horrible memory accident.

Comp. I am 31 years old. I've been married for 9 years and have one child, she's 5. I'm in the US Navy. I just got off sea duty from a frigate and am now in Naples, Italy for 3 years. I'm an engineer. I work on compressors, pumps, hydraulics, A/C's, diesel engines, etc. I've worked my up so I do less work and am just there more for technical expertise.

Comp. My wife did it actually. I was at work one night and she found TFL. She some how got in contact with Trance. My wife and I were going to go South to a flea market. On the way home I called Trance's house and talked to him a bit. He said I could stop buy. Which as some may know is a little crazy meeting someone that you know from the internet. We went anyway and I got my very first Dinobot from him that day, Grimlock. I lurked a little more till I finally got a break in the at sea time.

Comp. Yes. If I said no would I be here? Much less writing this all out, AGAIN. Really I am though. You are all funny in different ways. Also you are all full of information I can gleen from.

Comp. I would be amiss if I didn't consider all and everyone here a friend. I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of you guys/ladies while I do some traveling through Europe.

C.M. Why did you pick Computron as a character?

Comp. Second choice really, but a better choice. I had signed up as Broadside but did something and could never get the access to work so I got a new one, and here I am, still with the same name.

C.M. Will you rejoin the roleplay in the future?

Comp. That was hard with all the things happening at the time. I'd like to but there is a lot of reading I have to do first to catch up.

Comp. I had 250+ on display in my daughter's/my play room. With 100 or so more in the closet. Now all but the 6 I brought in a suit case are in a temperature controlled storage unit. I have bought a couple since I 've been here. The worst part for some of you may be that, some of my TFs are suffocating in thier packages.

Comp. So many. I love the seekers. G1, G2, Armada, Classics.

Comp. All the ones I didn't have as a kid??? Really though Fort Max and Omega Supreme.

Comp. Wheelie is a given so I'll say G1 Brawn/Outback. Horrible bot modes that are hard to stand up on thier own.

Comp. G1 toon would have to be Grimlock, him so dumb. G1 movie would be Springer he wa spretty cool as I remember. New movie, Ironhide. Who doesn't love big guns?

Comp. Wheelie again. Wreck-gar. Only learned American from commercials. Not the King's English either. What there was no soap operas on tv? Only the American channels got transmitted into space?

C.M. How do you like to relax away from transformerland?
Comp. I'm a gamer. Xbox 360. I am putting the pressure on for a ps3 too. I play games, puzzles and watch a lot of Disney movies with my daughter. My wife is a on the go person so my relaxing time is after they go to bed.

Comp. Thanks again for the time on the couch. I really would like to meet some of you guys. I'll have to PM times, dates, and locations. OPSEC you know.

C.M. Thankyou for your time Computron.

C.M. Next up on the couch Decepticon Pretender Thunderwing
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Thunderwing, it is an honor to have you here.

Thunderwing Thank you its an honor to be here.

Thunderwing Well as some of you know I'm a single mom of three lovely boys, 13, 11, 4. I am a student in collage, and i'm going to be an RN nurse. I am also an artist and I like to write fiction. It has also helped me to possible see a dream come true, as I will be talking to Hasbro soon about some tf characters I helped design. I also have a landscaping business and i also do alot of carpentry work.

Thunderwing I was originally over on tfnet, when Manny AKA optimusprime found me and brought me to TCA, and then showed me TFL.

Thunderwing I only have four G1 toys as I have only just started collecting toys. But I do have a fair collection overall of different transformer toys. And I am expecting a G1 Megatron real soon.

C.M. Name, names!!! What four have you got?

Thunderwing I have Mirage, Astrotrain. Soundwave, and Rodimus Prime.

C.M. Who was the first Transformer you ever got?

Thunderwing Well I actually got four at one time, they were movie voyager class Starscream, Megatron, Ironhide, and Ratchet.

Thunderwing Oh yeah I love it on TFL, the people here are great and I have gotten to talk to quite a few.

Thunderwing Yeah I have and some are real good friends too while others I have just really started talking more to. I hope to make even more friends as time goes by.

C.M. You started off as Ravennightshade then went to become the extremely powerful and Decepticon leader Thunderwing, (an Excellent choice he is my favorite after Megatron and Galvatron) why the change?

Thunderwing Well back a couple months ago me and a friend started designing some new transformer characters . I ran into some questionable problems with some people I thought were friends and decided to pull sensitive information. Plus now Me and my creative partner are gonna be talking with Hasbro real soon once they get done with production stuff for tf2. They are interested in our story and characters, so now we have to be extra careful about what is said about out storyline. And I still wanted to rp So the character of Thunderwing was suggested to me as a good choice.

C.M. That is excellent news, I hope you will keep us all informed on the progress!

Thunderwing I definately will!

Thunderwing At the pressent moment I have roughly 100 toys

Thunderwing Well that is a hard one, but as odd as it might seem my favorite is movie voyager class Starscream.

Thunderwing Actually yeah I want to get Starscream from the cybertron series.

Thunderwing Movie Deluxe class Swindle and Camshaft, they are ugly.

Thunderwing My favorite would have to be Megatron.

Thunderwing G1 Wheelie Is my least desired one.

C.M. We have seen examples of your art work in the fan art thread, were you always good at painting and drawing or did you learn?

Thunderwing My art is natural. I have a knack for just picking something up and reproducing it.

C.M. It is very impressive, do you draw a lot?

Thunderwing Actually I haven't drawn any transformers before now, and only startd a couple months back. I also never painted before until I started doing transformers. As you can tell I'm a fast learner, and my painting of G1 slag was my first TF painting.

Thunderwing Well I think TFL is the coolest place to hang out, and I'm glad to be apart of the group of wonderful people here, I hope to get the chance to talk to alot of you too.

C.M. Thankyou for your time Thunderwing.

Next up on the Big Purple Couch Hot Shot.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Hot Shot, it is an honor to have you here.

Hot Shot Thank You CM but the honor is all mine to be asked for an interview.

Hot Shot Well....Im 38yrs old. I work as a Radiology Tech at a hospital. Before that I was a District manager for a retail chain that specialised in camera equipment. I've got 2 kids...boy 7 and a girl 15months. I've been collecting TF's since I was in grade school(long time).

C.M. So do you actually do the scans and stuff?

Hot Shot Well I work in general X-ray so it is mostly just taking x-rays. I would at some point like to go back to school for cat scan or MRI. But right now I'm very happy doing what I'm doing.

Hot Shot I was actually looking for some parts to complete some of my older figures and came across the TFL store by a google search.

Hot Shot I've got most of the US issue G1 figures with the exception of some of the larger ones(Fort Max) but I'm working on getting those.

Hot Shot Immensely, This is a fantastic forum...everyone I've talked to has been very friendly.

C.M. I take it from that statemant you will be here for a while then?

Hot Shot I would like to think so...I don't see myself completing my collection or losing interest any time soon.

Hot Shot I would like to think so.

C.M. Why did you pick Hot Shot as a character?

Hot Shot I liked his character from Armada. He is a rookie with a lot of potential.

C.M. If you were to choose someone else instead of Hot Shot who would it be?

Hot Shot Probably Punch-Counterpunch....Good most of the time but the Evil Decpticon can come out at times.

C.M. If you could pick one Decepticon to be an Autobot who would it be?

Hot Shot I would have to say Starscream.

Hot Shot Too many to count. I'm currently working on getting the Japanese issue of the Armada line.

Hot Shot Currently one of my Favs would have to be Animated Grimlock.

Hot Shot Fortress Maximus...I couldn't get him when I was growing up because he was too expensive...now I wish I had been able to get him then.

Hot Shot Springer...He was expensive and he is just not that cool of a figure compared to his onscreen self.

Hot Shot Movie Optimus Prime

Hot Shot That would have to be Wheelie...he is like the equivalent of Star Wars Jar-Jar Binks.

Hot Shot Just that I would like to thank everyone that has helped me to aquire some of the missing pieces and figures to my ever expanding collection.

C.M. Thankyou Hot Shot for your time.

C.M. Next up, Shrapnel.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Shrapnel, it is an honor to have you here.

Shrapnel It is an honor to be here on the big, purple Decepticouch.

Shrapnel I am currently a university student. I recently went back to school and I'm in the process of getting certified to teach middle school/high school biology. I begin student teaching in the fall and I'm very excited to get started. I also work part-time at a store that sells teaching/classroom supplies.

Shrapnel When I started collecting, I looked around on-line for a way to identify figures and accesories. I found the identification guide here at TFL (which is absoluetly wonderful, BTW) and eventually found my way to the forum.

Shrapnel The majority of Transformer toys I own are G1.

Shrapnel I love TFL! After a long day of classes, it's nice to come home and check out the forum. It's a great way to decompress and lose myself in another world (for at least a little while).

Shrapnel I'm just beginning to get to know some of the folks here a bit better, but everyone is so great, kind, generous and respectful. This is the first forum I ever joined and the experience has been wonderful.

C.M. Why did you pick Shrapnel as a character?

Shrapnel Well, let me start by saying that I studied entomology (insects) my first time through college, so I LOVE insects, spiders and other arthropods. Before I really started collecting Transformers, I had acquired the three Insecticons simply because they were robot insects. So when I joined TFL, I started as "insecticon" because I couldn't commit to a single character. When I joined the roleplay, I decided it'd be easier if I did finally settle on one and I went with Shrapnel (partly because he had one of the coolest voices on the show and I think he's the best of the three toys).

C.M. If you were to choose someone else instead of Shrapnel who would it be?

Shrapnel If I had to choose someone else, it'd probably be a Vehicon character from Beast Machines like Thrust. I love that series and I love the Vehicon generals.

C.M. If you could pick one Autobot to be a Decepticon who would you choose?

Shrapnel Interesting question... I think Perceptor would be great as an evil Decepticon scientist. Imagine the weapons he could create for Megatron!

Shrapnel I have about 120 figures.

Shrapnel I don't have absolute favorites but I do have favorites from the various lines. As for G1, I really like Huffer, Seaspray, Trailbreaker, Landfill and Soundwave. I also have a soft spot for Pretenders. My favorite Beast Machines figures would be the Tank and Motorcyle Drones and Rattrap. In the movie line, I love Leader-class Prime, Dropkick and the Legends-class toys. As for Animated, I'd have to go with Activators Starscream.

Shrapnel Right now, I'd really like Megabolt Megatron from the R.I.D. series (which is the giant head version of Megs from Beast Machines)

Shrapnel I'm really not a fan of most combiner limb elements from G1. They're often very blocky with tiny little heads.

Shrapnel I really like the Vehicon generals and Cheetor from Beast Machines and Starscream in all his various incarnations.

Shrapnel I don't know that I really have a least favorite.

Shrapnel I'd just like to thank you for inviting me to the big, purple couch. Long live TFL!

Next up on the big Purple Decepticouch...Trailbreaker
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Trailbreker, it is an honor to have you here.

T.B. The honor is all mine. I've been reading all of the interviews and have looked forward to the day I can tell my tale of Transformers obsession.

C.M. Tell us a bit about yourself, what do you do?

T.B. Currently I am once again a student. I'm studying to be a Radiologic Technologist. I'm from Louisville, KY but have also lived in Indiana and Chicago. I remember the first Transformers commercials (yes I'm getting old) and remember how blown away I was by them. I'm part of the Star Wars generation so action figures were always a big part of my life. When Transformers came around it was SO much more than just another action figures series. They are action figures AND vehicles, robot, warriors, monsters and puzzles which is everything that a little boy could wants.

C.M. How did you first come across TFL?

T.B. I work part time in a comic/toy/music store and the toy buyer often looks at the Transformerland store to get a good idea of how much he should sell vintage Transformers for. I had been looking for a good Transformers website and there it was!

T.B. OH YES! I have all of the 1984 line, all of the mail away figures from the first 3 waves, most of the 1985 line and a few from the 1986 line.

C.M. Are you enjoying it here at Transformerland?

T.B. I love it here. It's not too big, but not too small. The chatter is always friendly and there are plenty of Transformers experts whose brains I can pick when I need info. I really love receiving e-mails notifying me of replys to threads I have posted in.

T.B. I've made some friends. Roar (awesome THundercats collection), Optimus Prime a G1 cartoon fanatic, Sentinel Prime has sent me great pics of his gun and watch collections and Jose (great G1 and pre G1 knowledge).

C.M. Why did you decide on Trailbreaker as your character?

T.B. I chose Trailbreaker because he was the first 'large' TF I received when I was a kid. My friend and neighbor got it for me for my birthday. He died 14 years ago so I use the Trailbreaker character to pay honor to my fallen friend.

C.M. Do you have many of the other transformers toys?

T.B. Other than the G1 figures I mentioned earlier I also have the Revoltech TF figures as well as the Masterpiece versions of Optimus, Megatron, Skywarp and Starscream (G1 colors of course). I've also picked up some pre G1 Takara figures such as the 44 Magnum, Browning and black and brown Megatron.

C.M. What is your favorite toy?

T.B. I don't think I can choose just one. I love my G1 Optimus (complete), Grimlock, Soundwave and Reflector. I also love my Takara gun collection because my friends don't have them.

C.M. Is there any particular toy you are after?

T.B. I'm looking for Overkill and Eject.

C.M. What is your least favorite toy?

T.B. I really don't like too many of the figures that have come out after the animated movie. I really love the original designs and feel they are the best. While the movie was fantastic it was also the beginning of the end of my interest in Tansformers. I do like the Alternators line and some of the Beast Wars figures.

T.B. Optimus Prime is the greatest character to come out of th 80's! I also love Starscream, Soundwave and Jazz.

T.B. Wheelie of course! He's the Jar Jar of the Transformers universe.

T.B. I've really enjoyed my time here and have had alot of fun talking to all of you. I've seen some awesome Transformers collections and look forward to seeing more of your new purchases.

Next up, Dinobot Snarl.
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Snarl, it is an honor and pleasure to have you here.

Snarl:- The pleasure is all mine. I love the colour of your couch.

C.M. Thanks, it needs steam cleaned will get Scrapper to do it later. Tell us a bit about yourself, what do you do?

Snarl:- I am a large animal vet. I treat poorly farm animals, the boot of my car is like a chemists shop. I like the job because when you save the life of a cow or a sheep and the cow looks at you with wide eyes, as if to say thank you, it is reward enough ( that is aside from the rather large salary ). It is the other side of the job that I dont like, when you loose an animal after spending 2 hours trying to save it, it sometimes gets you down a bit. Aside from that I get conscripted to drive a tractor if Derrick is a man ( or woman ) short.

C.M. You are going out with one of my loyal Decepticons, Dirge aka Derrick. How come you never chose a Decepticon character the same as Derrick?

Snarl:- going out with him ?????? I live with him and love him with all my heart . I just liked the simple innocence of the dinosaur characters. I think that the five of them are loveable if a bit dumb.

C.M. Oops, typo!! If not one of the Dinosaur characters would you have chosen a different animal or something completely different?

Snarl:- I would have probably gone for the Big white one that transforms into a city

Snarl:- Not in the best way possible was it, Derrick got squashed by a tractor, and his sister said that I should contact someone at Transformerland.com, so I did and the rest is history.

Snarl:- I do not, but Derrick has an army of them.

Snarl:- Yes it is great fun to be able to have a laugh about anything and everything, no matter how serious.

Snarl:- I hope so, I am speaking to a friend for life right now.

C.M. You have made one to no doubt about that. Are you planning on sticking around here at TFL?

Snarl:- Oh yes, I will be here for a long time

C.M. Why did you decide on Snarl as your character?

Snarl:- When Derrick said that you could pick a character as your screen name I wanted one of the lovable dinosaurs ( He suggested Slag, so I kicked him ) Grimlock was taken so I pointed at a toy and said " that one "

Snarl:- I have a Starscream, Dirge, Inferno, and a white police car aside from the ones I took photos of for the forums.

Snarl:- it has to be the Starscream

Snarl:- I fancy the bird Dinosaur, but i can not find one for a reasonable ammount of money.

C.M. There was a re-issue Swoop for around 45 gbp, which is a fair price considering how much an original is twice that!! Would you not go for the re-issue?

Snarl:- Probably, just to have all 5

Snarl:- The stupid white police car, I broke the roof off it, the day that I got it.

Snarl:- Definately Grimlock

Snarl:- The blue car thingy that speaks really fast, he irritates the hell out of me.

C.M. That would be Blurr, what about Wheelie? Tell me you don't like him. He is the little one that talks in rhyme.

Snarl:- That little orange car? I thought he was kind of cute, but they should have fed him to the Sharkticons.

C.M. :twisted: Thats more like it!! Is there anything you would like to add?

Snarl:- I must thank everyone for all of your help and support through Derricks accident, in particular you yourself commander, and everone here is so kind and helpful so I thank you all.

Next up Decepticon seeker, Dirge.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Dirge, it is an honor and pleasure to have you here in my interrogati...erm... interview room.

Dirge The honour is mine mighty Megatron, interrogate away :lol:.

Dirge I am a farm contractor, based in and around Burnley in Lancashire. Basically I just drive (and crash) tractors for a living. I sometimes have to work 18 - 20 hours a day, it is a miracle that Kath puts up with me, The hours are long but the money is good. When I am not driving I like to spend time with Kath and Grimlock.

C.M. Grimlock is your dog what kind of dog is he, have you had him long?

Dirge He is a Great Dane, think Scooby Doo. I bought him for Kath coz she always wanted a dog, he was a pup when I got him and he is 2 now so around 2 years

C.M. You had a very bad accident not long ago, have you fully recovered or are you still on the mend?

Dirge My arm is on the mend and I cant remember much of what happened. I was fairly lucky in that the weight of the tractor missed anything vital and just crushed both arms. One arm is still a bit stiff but the doctors said that I will have that for life.

C.M. A stiff arm is small price to pay for still being here, you gave us all quite a fright. What happened?

Dirge To be honest I dont know exactly, I had been muckspreading most of the day and someone had closed the bottom gate so I stopped to open it, the next thing I remember is waking up in hospital not being able to feel my arms. Kath told me later that the handbrake cable had snapped and released the brakes on the tractor which then rolled down the hill and over the top of me, I knocked my head on the front of the bonnet knocking me out cold and as I fell forward the tractor ran over both of my arms. fortunatly my friend was nearby and he called 999 and I got a hellichopper ride to hospital where I had a lot of operations first to save my life, then to save my arms. A word of warning to any kids who read these forums....... stay away from farm machinery it is DANGEROUS.

C.M. An excellent warning Dirge. How did you first come across TFL?

Dirge I was looking for somewhere other than ebay to buy transformers and TFL came up on the web search, I looked at the forums and thought it would be fun to join

Dirge I have about 30ish, most of which are complete and boxed.

Dirge I love it on here, and plan to stay for a good while.

Dirge Yep, I count everyone here as a friend

C.M. Why did you decide on Dirge as your character?

Dirge Spur of the moment thing, and Dirge is not recognised as much as Starscream or Skywarp.

Dirge Aside from my G1, I have a developing interest in the heroes of cybertron line but other than that I stay with G1

Dirge My MIB Optimus prime. I paid a fortune for it.

C.M. Go on tell us , how much?

Dirge * sigh * Kath is gonna kill me, £140 GBP

Dirge I would like to have a complete G1 original Predaking but they are far too expensive and Kath would kill me if I spent that sort of money on TFs

Dirge The G1 Autobot cars, they are far to brittle and prone to breaking

Dirge Starscream, the way he keeps trying to take leadership of the 'Cons, maximum points for trying.

Dirge Without a doubt, Wheelie, I just want to gag him tie him up and throw him into Unicrons belly

Dirge Kill all Autobots, glory to Megatron, and thank you all for being here.

Next up Ghostinthemachine.
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome GITM, it is a pleasure to have you here.

GITM, Thank You C.M. I'm glad to be here on the big purple couch

GITM, Well right now I am working overnights at Kmart

GITM, actually I found it on google

GITM, right now i only have about 6

GITM, Im Loving it here everyone here is great and the site is excellent

GITM, yes i believe I have, you couldnt find a better place to meet great people and make friends

C.M. Why ghostinthemachine as you forum character name?

GITM, Well I figured the name Starscream has been done enough and I liked it in the g1 series where he comes back for his revenge.

C.M. Do you have many of the other transformers toys that aren't G1?

GITM, yeah i have about 150 that arent g1, classics, universe, movie (2007) alternators.

GITM, I would say my MPs are my favorite, and supreme cybertron Starscream

C.M. What MP's have you got?

GITM, I have Prime and Walmart Starscream

GITM, right now I am looking for alternators

GITM, transformers wise, I would say well I really dont have one

GITM, I know I'm a Decepticon, but my favorite has to be Rodimus Prime

C.M. Why Rodimus Prime?

GITM, Rodimus Prime is the chosen one and takes a different approach to leading the Autobots, He is the shoot first, shoot again then ask questions type of 'bot much like a Decepticon, Optimus was to caring about all forms of life and let us Decepticons run to far.

GITM, the sissy Superion.

GITM, Yes there is, this is the best site I have ever been on, I consider everyone here to be a great friend even if we dont always talk.

Next up former Autobot leader Optimus Prime.
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Optimus Prime, it is an honor to have you here.

Optimus Thanks its nice to be on my second fave tf site forum

Optimus Well when im working I'm at the hellhole and when I'm not I'm enjoying my time watching marathons on dvd or hanging out with family and friends.

C.M. Where do you work?

Optimus Just in retail, not to exciting unless a hot young lady comes into it.

C.M. Watching DVD marathons, care to explain that to members who don't know?

Optimus Well basically if I watched G1 transformers I'd watch it complete without watching anything else in between.

Optimus Member ramjet showed it to me.

C.M. We know you are a big fan of the 80's cartoon, what first got you into it?

Optimus Well I started watching it when I was growing up and I fell in love with the characters and storyline, especially with leader Optimus Prime who I try to be like at times and also told I do act like him at times by other tf fans.

Optimus Yes I have some left over from when I was younger but of course alot of them were taken away from me somehow.

Optimus Yes.

Optimus Yes I consider that I've got a few friends on here, Thunderwing, Rumble, Commander Megatron of course, Rodimus and a few others.

C.M. Why did you pick Optimus as a character?

Optimus Well as I've said before he's my hero and number 1 all time fave character ever.

C.M. Where you disappointed when they killed him off during the battle of Autobot City in the 86 movie? :twisted:

Optimus Yes indeed I was really sad and even to this day watching it always seem to get me choked up with a tear in my eye. However I will say that if it wasnt for Hotrods mistake Optimus Prime would have destroyed Megatron and he would of lived himself.

C.M. I get a tear in my eye when the narrator at the end says he will return. What did you think of his re-incarnation as a Powermaster?

OptimusWell I didnt really care for the Japanese series so I hope that answers this question.

C.M. I take it you would have preferred it if they had left him as he was?

Optimus Yes.

C.M. If you were to choose someone else instead of Optimus Prime who would it be?

Optimus Well I have other all time fave characters like Starscream the Aerialbots, Stunticons, Blaster and Tracks. But I guess i would lke to be an Aerialbot since I would be able to fly around Cybertron and earth or anywhere I went kicking Decepticons around.

C.M. Any particular Aerialbot and why?

Optimus Probably Silverbolt but I do like them all especially as Superion being one of the strongest Combiner teams, and teams when they are not combined for that matter.

Optimus I dont have a certain fave.

Optimus No.

Optimus Well in the 80s toon I'd have to say Huffer and Wheelie are a couple I can't stand.

C.M Why did ya' not like Huffer? Wheelie I can understand though, as can everyone else!!

Optimus I found Huffers whining highly annoying and I couldnt stand it since he did it all of the time.

Optimus No, just that I enjoy it here and I like having friends here as well, cause next to my own tf site and forums I do enjoy coming here alot.

C.M. Thank you for your time Optimus Prime.

Next up...Solo Transformer assault Group Sixshot.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Sixshot, it is an honor and pleasure to have you here.

Sixshot The Honor is all mine, Commander!

Sixshot My Pretender Shell works with children of various ages that have behavioral difficulties and challenges at both school and at their homes. It also Freelances art and design work, on the side, having graduated with from an Art College as an animator!

Sixshot By a link, actually! I saw a great abundance of minty toys 4 sale, so I took advantage! Matt, or Trance is great, BTW, and I know Mrs. Trance deserves a bit of praise, herself! I checked out the forums and saw how tight-knit the community was and decided to join! It's great to join boards with others that have similar interests!

Sixshot Unfortunately, most of my G1 collection was given away during my adolescent years which my mother, especially regrets encouraging me 2 give them away, however, I've spent the past 2+ years trying to build the collection back up and getting my nephew interested in the G1 cartoon and toys! I have to stop though, because he has expensive tastes and practically wants all the G1 toys! And as u know, getting doubles of G1 toys can get pretty expensive!

Sixshot Absolutely L.O.V.E. IT HERE!

Sixshot Yes, including members that we've lost! R.I.P. Menasor!

C.M. Why did you pick Sixshot as a character?

Sixshot I always wanted Sixshot, when I was younger, but I never got him! Now that I have him in my collection and got 2 see him in more action in the Japanese Headmaster series(and also the Spotlight comic he had), I had 2 choose him! He's an absolute powerhouse, and he's a ninja! And we all know, NINJA'S RULE!

C.M. If you were to choose someone else instead of Sixshot who would it be?

Sixshot Probably Tracks, 'cause he was my favorite, when I was younger or any of the characters featured in the episode Call of the Primitives! I love the beast/animal/dinosaur, etc. Transformers the best!

Sixshot Mostly G1 and G1 related-toys that I've been collecting

Sixshot Tracks, Sixshot, and all the gestalts(even tho I haven't acquired them all, yet, T_T!!!)!

Sixshot All the Transformers Victory toyline!

Sixshot It was Ironhide n Ratchet, hands down! I would never, ever buy them, but now that someone has made custom heads for them 2 make them anime accurate, I don't have a least favorite, anymore, ^_~!!!

Sixshot Same answer for above question, "If you were to choose someone else instead of Sixshot who would it be?"

Sixshot I'd say Daniel! He's annoying in both the East and the West series!

Sixshot Keep up the great work, and join us in the RPG at Kolkular Bar, [/i]

C.M. Sixshot, thank you for your time.

Next up our resident empty Wheezel.
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Wheezel, it is an honor to have you here.

Thanks CM, glad to see you made it out of the Dead End okay.

C.M. I did thanks, good to see you again.

Wheezel: This big purple couch is comfy... wait, what's this tag say... "Made from 100% recyced Barne... sweet!

Wheezel: Waaay too much. I run a small restaurant in coastal Washington state for virtually no pay (gotta love family!). I also run an Evil-bay/consignment business. And I'm about to start running the family motel as well. Oh, and I'm currently spending a LOT of time running around saying "Panic!" at the thought of having a bouncing baby flesh based life form in March. All in all, a perfect waste of my BS in Psychology.

Wheezel: I don't quite remember. It was in late '03 or early '04, I think I was looking for a way to match up my old Transformer parts, and googled "transformer identification". Though it's possible that I followed a link from Evil-bay. Either way, I lurked without posting for several years, before I finally signed up and started posting.

Wheezel: Oh. Dear. Gods. TOO many. I'm trying to build a complete set of the original G1s, in ALL their modes. So, for example, I need Six Quickswitches, 18 of each combiner, 3 Shockwaves (because I count 'telephone pole mode' as a transformation), etc. I'm almost there... I need about 30 more, and a crapload more display space... if I had to wager a guess, I'd say I have somewhere around 2000, due to an overabundance of most 'bots, especially insecticons (65 at last count), seekers (63 at last count), constructicons (errr, over 50), etc.

Wheezel: Immensely. I like that this forum is relatively small compared to some of the others (which I am NOT a member of), and that there's comparatively fewer postings to keep up with. It also seems MUCH more tightknit around here.

Wheezel: That's a tough one for me to answer. I have a pretty strict definition of friendship, so I guess I'd have to say no. But don't get me wrong, I've typed at a LOT of cool people here. Oh, and a special shout out to Sentinel Prime for the sweet bonuses he threw in to the purchase I made from him not too long ago!

C.M Why did you pick Wheezel as a character, seems a strange choice with so many G1 main characters out there?

Wheezel: Okay, confessional time, I see. Originally, I signed up with the intention of selling off a bunch of parts via some avenue other than Ebay. So I wanted somebody that was kind of a wheeling and dealing sort of persona... but Swindle doesn't quite have the image I wanted to convey, for obvious reasons. Wheezel also has some good parallels to my own condition, in that I'm not quite physically sound, but am still (usually) more than capable mentally. And for some odd reason, I couldn't think of anybody else that 'wheeled and dealed'.

C.M. If you were to choose someone else instead of Wheezel who would it be?

Wheezel: Tough question. Maybe Autobot X. Or Mindwipe. Or somebody whose name starts with "double", since I *still* can't decide which faction I prefer.

Wheezel: See above. I also have a few hundred Beast Wars and beyond that I've just recently started collecting, so that the little parasite will have something to play with. I don't have much faith in Hasbro producing anything decent in five or six years.

Wheezel: That's a secret. I've been working on a custom for over a year now, that I'm not quite at liberty to divulge. My copout answer is "The insecticons, because they give me a legitimate excuse to have a bajillion of them, AND they make excellent Pez/Energon dispensers." Or the Korean "Pimp My Ride" Skullcruncher. He's almost all gold chrome, and high quality, with a few orange and pink accents.

Wheezel: Besides my finished custom? Just the impossibles... Dinoking, Japanese exclusive cassettes and headmasters, Pre-TF and knockoff oddities, etc.

Wheezel: In the past, I'd say "anything Pretender or Actionmaster". But then I actually got some, and they've grown on me. Now, it's "Anything with "Crossover" on the box. No, I do NOT want a wonky robotic Chewie, or a goofy looking Spider-Man transformer.

Wheezel:I don't think I do well with these 'favorite' questions. I appreciate everyone for the role they provide. Even Wheelie and Blurr.

Wheezel: Okay, except Warpath. And anyone from the more 'clunkily' drawn cartoon series produced after Beast Wars.

Wheezel: Panic! I have to get rid of some stuff. Make sure your want lists are updated, folks! And thanks for having me here!

Next up our resident rodent, Rattrap
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Rattrap, it is an pleasure to have you here.

Rattrap: Thanks C.M. It’s a pleasure to sit on the big purple couch.

Rattrap: I'm a sophomore at Michigan Tech going for a Chemical Engineering degree. I live in Minnesota in the summers and work at the local Target. I collect Transformers and play video games in my free time.

Rattrap: T.T. showed me a couple times over the course of the previous school year and finally convinced me to join, after rehooking me on transformers.

Rattrap: I do not have many of the G1 toys, but I really enjoy the ones I have. I don't really have the funds to collect them all right now. I only have the Constructicons, Combaticons, Stunticons, and Omega Supreme. They are a lot of fun, except that you have to worry about breaking them.

Rattrap: I am very much enjoying it here, it's fun to meet new people, talk about transformers, and the RP is a blast.

Rattrap: I've made a couple new friends since joining and met alot of great people who I'm still getting to know.

C.M. Why did you pick Rattrap as a character name?

Rattrap: I picked Rattrap, because he's easily my favorite transformers character of all time. He's talented, sarcastic, and has some pretty witty insults.

C.M. If you were to choose a G1 name instead of Rattrap who would it be?

Rattrap: I might have gone with Cyclonus if I was willing to go down the 'Con route. Wreck-gar would have been a fun name to take and character to RP as. Those would've been my two top choices.

Rattrap: I only have about 63 full sized transformers, but I really enjoy most of the ones I have. Most of them stay at home, but my favorite nonexpensive ones are crowded around my dorm room and get played with relatively often.

Rattrap: My favorite toy is definitely Devastator, if construction vehicles that turned into robots weren't cool enough, they turn into a giant robot too. I've been fascinated with Devastator since I got a g2 Mixmaster as a kid and it’s a pleasure to finally own one. I just wish I could take it to college, but all the G1's stay safe at home.

Rattrap: I would really like to have a G1 Megatron for obvious reasons, but I don't really have the funds to spare. I also would really like to replace my broken G2 Hero Megatron as he was one of my two first transformers. His gun mount snapped off years ago, along with most of his little bits. There are a lot of great toys that I don't yet have out there.

Rattrap: That's a tough question, I don't really buy toys I don't think I'll like and I usually forget about any particularly terrible figures rather quickly. The least favorite figure that I own is probably Movie deluxe Brawl for his poor design (his robot mode really doesn't stay together at all.) Other than that, Animated Bumblebee was pretty terrible. He has shoddy plastic, shoddy paint, and a mold that didn't even allow his stingers to fold in. Fortunately the redeco didn't suffer from any of those problems.

Rattrap: I would have to say Rattrap for all time favorite character. For just within G1 though, I would have to say Cyclonus. He was the best of the Decepticons by far: capable, honorable, sane (except for the whole loyalty to Galvatron thing), all of which are qualities far too rare in the Decepticon army.

Rattrap: I think I'd have to either go with Cheetor or Bumblebee for that. They're both the pointless, kid friendly characters. They're young, inexperienced and get their teams into more trouble then they're usually worth. They're also the only characters who like the flesh-bags.

Rattrap: Thank you for the interview. I enjoy reading them and getting to know everyone a little better.

Next up, Autobot physician, Ratchet.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Doc, it is an honor to have you here.

Ratchet: *Sits down on the big purple couch* Thanks mucho. Happy to be here.

Ratchet: *Stands up from big purple couch* Well, my alias is Doug and I am a transformer junkie. I work as a sales manager at an office supply store. I have been with my company for 8 years.

C.M. Did you know that in the comic storyline Ratchet handed Megatron his two greatest defeats? Once at the start of the comic run and then again towards the end.

Ratchet: I didn't know that. Lately tho, I have had a growing interest in the comic lore. I am thinking of getting a few series of comics to read the past history.

C.M. Get any of the G1 stuff, all of it is great. My advice would be to start at the beginning and get the graphic novels called "Beginnings" and "New Order." Have you read any of the TF comic stuff?

Ratchet: Not yet. I do have a gift card from BN and I intend to use it towards catchin' up on the lore.

Ratchet: Like a lot of others here, the recent movie (all)sparked (sorry for the tf pun) my transformer love again. I did a few random searches to see what was out there on the www about transformers. This site came up and I love being here ever since!

C.M. When not here (and away from the operating table) how do you like to relax?

Ratchet: I do a lot of reading (scifi, fantasy, mystery, military suspense). I enjoy books by Evanovich, Ludlum, Peter David, & Dale Brown to name a few. I also like to play a few pc games. Lately I have been playing Diablo 2, various Command & Conquer games, Half Life 2, HL2 Episode 1, and HL2 Episode 2. My favorite game at the moment is Portal. It is a thinking puzzle game that starts slowly, but surely becomes addictive.

Ratchet: Unfortunately not. I have eleven g1 toys now. My collection keeps growing tho.

C.M. Name names!!! Who have you got?

Ratchet: Well lets see here: Everyone's favorite Wheelie, Sizzle, Guzzle, Blitzwing, Astrotrain, Perceptor, Powerglide, Ramjet, Warpath, Chopshop, & Metroplex. Metroplex being the fav. (I still need my namesake. It's hard finding a low fair price without investing more than I really should).

Ratchet:Yes, very much so. This site is so laid back. The people are great. And, the tf info is fantastic.

Ratchet: I consider everyone here a friend. Everyone here is just so 8)

C.M. You changed your name from Douglas B to Ratchet, why the Autobot Doctor?

Ratchet: I remember him being a key character from the G1 series when I was a kid. And, I just thought I wanted to be Ratchet.

C.M. If you were to choose a character instead of Ratchet who would you take?

Ratchet: Wheelie. So I can annoy everyone with litle rhymes and lyrics. (Must be the 'con side of me)

Ratchet: I have nearly 140 figures roughly. Most of them consist of Micromasters (I think I plan on completing that collection first) and movie toys. I also have the occasional knock off and alternators, classics, etc. Just a hodgepodge bunch.

Ratchet: That would have to be Skystalker from the micromaster series. I grew up with that toy so it has a special place in my heart.

C.M. I just put up his profile, take a look when you get a minute. Is there a particular toy that you would like to have?

Ratchet: I've been searching for an animated Ultra Magnus that doesn't have shipping charges. But, before I buy that I have a few bills to settle first. Darn priorities.

Ratchet: That would be movie series Stockade. His pincers are just too much of a gimmick and a cheap one at that.

Ratchet: That would have to be Optimus Prime. When I grew up he was the epitome of a hero. 'The Man' He was just plain 8)

Ratchet: I can't think of his name. He wasn't a transformer he was that electric spark that was taking power from everything he touched. I thought that was a wasted episode.

C.M. You mean the "Kremzeek" episode and little character?

Ratchet: Yeah! Kremzeek. I just really really disliked that annoying little bugger!

Ratchet: Thanks to everyone who has helped me feel welcome here. You are all great! And thank you C.M. for inviting me to the couch!

C.M. Ratchet, thank you for taking the time to join me on the couch.

Next up for a gab, Noble
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Noble it is a pleasure to have you here.

Noble: Glad to be here CM,

C.M. Thankyou. tell us a bit about yourself, what do you do?

Noble: what I do, well I'm in my last year at high school so I don't have a proper job yet.

C.M. How did you come across Transformerland?

Noble: I came across transformerland when I was looking at listings on ebay and kept noticing references to your site, so I thought I would take a look.

C.M. When you first signed up you were Combaticon leader Onslaught, why the change to Noble?

Noble: I decided to change my character as I wanted to be someone who was a little more interesting. As Noble I became someone who belonged to no faction but his own and the only beastformer, a completely organic transformer in existence

C.M. What G1 Transformers have you got?

Noble: I have been trying to collect G1 transformers but I'm a little low on money nowadays, I do own metroplex, ironhide, megatron, soundwave, ultra magnus, bruticus, snapdragon, jazz, kup and two of the WST dinobots if they count.

Noble: Yes I am most definitely enjoying it here, infact I'm on the site pretty much every day, and have started getting involved in the customizing thread and been doing a few projects.

Noble: I haven't really chatted to many people so I haven't really made any friends, but would like to if I had the chance.

C.M. Do you have many of the Transformer toys?

Noble: Although my G1 collection is a little poor I do have figures from beast wars series up till energon

C.M. Whats your favorite toy?

Noble: My favourite transformer toy in my possesion would prpobably be Metroplex, you gotta love that big guy !

C.M. Any particular toy you would like to own?

Noble: I would kill to have at least parts for a fortress maximus, I wanted to try buy a scrapper and get all the parts but it is just too expensive at the moment. To be honest the only one I would really want would be swoop

Noble: My least favourite transformer toy in my possesion is probably beast wars tm2 jawbreaker, he just lies there and flakes metallic paint everywhere. And if you look at his face front on his teeth look like a beavers

Noble: My favourite character is probably cyclonus, I thought he was great when I saw him in the movie and would love to have one of the jizaitoys release of him. Just waiting for the universe classics version to come out near christmas, he bears very close resemblance to the original on the show.

C.M. Then why didn't you take him as your character name?

Noble: I never really thought about having my name as Cyclonus, I just chose the name of my first G1 figure then to noble

Noble: My least favourite character is wheelie, the rhymes get a little annoying

C.M. Anything you would like to add?

Noble: Thats it from me, thanks for chatting.

C.M. Next up for a chat, Pretender Beast....Catilla
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Catilla, it is an honor to have you here.

Catilla: hiya many thanks for the invite and its an honor to be here (trys keeping the fur off the throw over)

Catilla: humm well im a 36 year old time collector (lol even since the dinobot hunt was in the uk comic, yep it got me hooked from then on ), i am also a massive Dr Who fan and firgure collector too (big year for me with the classics line comeing out ).
i use to work full time as a gardener handyman (worked there 15 plus years) and did toyfairs and markets for a hobby, but sadly i now suffer from agrophobia and have done a a long time now (still hope to get back on the tracks though) im now a full time dad whos the prode perent of a 2 year old son (who hopes to convert to a up and comeing tf fan ).
since i became agrophobic i now seller/trade on the internet which i give thanks to my partner as i rely on her for posting (cheers pet )-
and dose a top job too

C.M. You brought us the treatment for solving yellowing on plastic, how did you come across it?

Catilla: lol honist like the first post on the treatment stated it wasnt me i only passed the info on (my good friend paul found the treatment), both me and paul have tryed diffent treatments for years now to find the one which has the best effect, so far this is the 1 which worked best (also theres still more testing to be done) but sadly due to the time of year results are slow.

C.M. Thanks for sharing it with us. How did you come across transformerland?

Catilla: i use to post only on the omegaprimeone site, but after the movie i found the site went a bit dead, so i hunted around on the net for a site to post on,
i found a few site to try and on 1 of these i posted my arcee kitbash which ramjet asked if he could show on here (also sent a link, many thanks ramjet) to join, lol been here since

C.M. As most of us know you like big cats so Catilla was the obvious choice, but if not Catilla who elso would you have chosen?

Catilla: lol yep ive always been a big cat fan (saber tooth tigers been my fave) if i wasnt catilla id go back to been catgut (its the 2 user names i use) , i know theres other catbots (ravage and weirdwolf) but if not these 2 id have to go for Trizer

Catilla: lol yep to many id have to say i realy dont know the amount but it would be well over 400

Catilla: yep on the hole i do (especialy if i am able to help another collector with a need like info or been able to find a part or figure) to me this is one of the main things i enjoy about collecting.

Catilla: since been here ive made a few new fiends (starscream, rod. prime, barracade and skyline been the main guys and girls ) and have spoken to / helped a load of others too which i hope know im here if thay need me and i class is friends too

C.M. When not here with us at Transformerland how do you like to relax?

Catilla: relax er whats that ?, lol to be honist theres not enuff hours in a day, with helping,sorting,photos, adding to site (opening soon ) and most imported to me seeing to jack (my son) i dont realy get a lot of time to myself, but when i do i love nothing more than waisting a bit time on F.F. and at the moment enchanted arms on the ps3, also i love listening to Big finish Dr who Audio stories.

C.M. Do you have many of the transformer toys form different lines?

Catilla: lol yep again to many again i couldnt realy put a number on the amount but includeing doubles, spares id say its near if not over 2000.
which itself due to space is a problem, so sadly ive made the chose (due to lack of space to display them) to thin down the collection and sell off a large chunk which will be listed soon

Catilla: humm fave will have to be the g1 sideswipe mold, but also g1 huffer due to be my very first transformer i ever owned (took 6 weeks to pay for too!!), but if its lines , id have to say R.I.D. or Cybertron any of these line are the best for me

Catilla: id have to say the botcon Tigertron (unit 2) or beast wars metals ravage

Catilla:arghh any and all powered master !!!, what were thay on ???

Catilla: humm from the cartoon Skylynx from the comic ratchet

Catilla: got to say energon ironhide (but take yer pick out of armada and energon i aint keen on either )

Catilla: cheers for the invite and thank you for taken the time to read it (lol got to say i love the interviews ), and also hope to be able to keep helping the site and also hope my new site will be able to help with yer wants too.
also a bit thanks for the guys and girls who have help me out and friendship too.

Thank you Catilla for taking part, next up for a chat... long time no see, Lenny Luck