So I watched X-Men...

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Delita-1

So I watched X-Men...

Post by Delita-1 »

I watched X-Men: The Last Stand the other night for the first time. As soon as I saw Juggernaut, I started laughing.

Image Image

Am I the only one that sees it?
Rodimus Prime
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Rodimus Prime »

lol, now I see it! well spotted.

what did you think of X3 btw?
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Overall I liked it. I was expecting more to happen, but it was still really good. I loved the whole Magneto bridge thing, that was awesome. I think all the X-Men movies are great.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Lol, I never noticed that. That's too funny.

I didn't care much for the way they did Juggernaut in the movie, though. The accent totally messed him up. :(
Commander Megatron

Post by Commander Megatron »

Well spotted Arcee! I agree with the accent. Vinnie was a juggernaut when he played football (soccer) he was a real hard man!!
meeshabot
City Commander

Post by meeshabot »

Arcee_G1 wrote:Lol, I never noticed that. That's too funny.

I didn't care much for the way they did Juggernaut in the movie, though. The accent totally messed him up. :(
Yeah...but Cain Marko is Charle's Xavier and Casandra Nova's brother, it only makes sense that he sounds like that.

The third movie was like watching an actual comic book, filled with more mutant on mutant action, as opposed to all of the political intrigue and strategizing in the first two fills. There were a lot of things that upset me about the movie in a whole, like Mystique getting hit with the cure and Leech looking like a luekemia patient (he's green in the comics.) Rogue taking the cure that's the big one for me. Time and time again, in the comics, she's been offered ways to supress her powers, and time and time again she turns it down because she has the forsight to see, while this may help her, it will just be turned into an anti-mutant weapon.

And Angel was absolutely uselss. Oh and kill Charles Xavier!! That was too radical for me. And I wanted more Beast. Over all I liked it, "next time you feel like showing off....do." (me = giant x-men nerd. huge. :twisted: )

But that's pretty funny, lol.
Commander Megatron

It is a good likeness, altho I would kill Juggernaut without question.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

meeshabot wrote:Yeah...but Cain Marko is Charle's Xavier and Casandra Nova's brother, it only makes sense that he sounds like that.
Well, no, it doesn't really make sense. Neither of those three characters are British. Not to mention Cain is actually his step-brother.

Mystique getting the cure sucked, but I like that they gave her a bit of vindication in the end--they nailed her character perfectly there. The thing with Rogue upset me too since she's my favorite character in the comics, but if you watch the extras on the DVD they talk about how a lot of the actors were really against the idea, and there's a deleted scene with a version of the ending where she didn't take it. Too bad they didn't leave that in...
meeshabot wrote:me = giant x-men nerd. huge.
You obviously haven't checked out my profile. :wink: :lol:
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

ok in reply to both Meesha and Arcee....

Indeed the Prof is not english, Patrick Stewart is though hence his accent.
Arcee is correct on the step-brother thing. (do we have to go into the whole Cassandra Nove thing? ugh)

As for the cure and Mystique.

SPOILERS for those who have not seen the movie

Well at the end of the movie we see Magneto move the chess piece slightly, thus the cure is not as permanent as they thought. So in all honesty Rogue can come back with powers! Anna Paquin has expressed she would do a 4th and wants Rogue to kick ass. Shawn Ashmore also is contracted for another movie.

Mystique's betrayal of Magneto -- the special features on the DVD actually talk about this, they leave it open so you can make your own choice, did she really betray him? Or did she send the army on a wild goose chase to Multiple Man to allow Magneto etc to get to Alcatraz uninterrupted.

As for the Professors apparant death, did you not see the part of the movie AFTER the credits??
meeshabot
City Commander

Post by meeshabot »

maybe I just assume he's english 'cause I read his wiki-entry once and it said he studied at Oxford...I don't know.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

Rodimus Prime wrote:As for the Professors apparant death, did you not see the part of the movie AFTER the credits??
Ooh, no I did not. I'm glad you said something before I took the movie back!
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Yeah, good thing Delita--the part after the credits is very important.
Commander Megatron

Yeah, RP made me sit thro all the credits for that!!
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

what?? you think I was gonna walk out of an X-men movie before they kicked us out??? you must have a transistor loose! ;)

and you may not have thought it was much, but for X-freaks like myself it was BIG!
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Overall I enjoyed the movie except for the fact that at the end of the movie all of the big changes that occured seemed somehow temporary.

I have a horrible feeling that in order to make X-Men 4, they will spout off some nonsense like "the cure is actually only temporary, so everybody who lost their powers gets them back." There's also the thing after the credits that I rather don't like, but since some people my not have seen that yet I won't get into why.
Yeah...but Cain Marko is Charle's Xavier and Casandra Nova's brother, it only makes sense that he sounds like that.
I somehow don't think in the movie that Cain Marko was Xavier's step-brother at all. I think he was just some other random mutant. Otherwise I think he might have been a bit more affected by Xavier's death, regardless of the fact that he has his step-brother.

Even though I think a lot of what they did at the end of X-Men 3 is garbage, I would like to see X-Men 4 if only because they are setting themselves up for the best villain ever concieved in the X-Men storyline: Apocalypse.