Takin' on the world...woot!

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Which is more important?

Graduating High School
No votes
Getting a Fortress Maximus
100%

Total votes: 3

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Takin' on the world...woot!

Post by Time Traveller »

well guys this is it. in two days, i graduate, and by friday, i'll have the fort max i've longed for since i started collecting in 89... two important events. though i'm more pumped about the max. oh well. next year i'm off to michigan technological U. for physics. you're all invited to my party if you can make it. :wink:
*rolls off to play more battlefield 1942*
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Heh. You know I'd come to your graduation if mine wasn't the following day. How many kids are in your graduating class? I only have 534 to sit through. It is going to take so damn long! AH!!!!

Oh well. Graduating high school. God, never thought the day would come did you? It's great. I'm excited but not. I was going to attend MTU, but I have a good chance at Hockey up north now. So I don't think I'll be with you there good buddy.

By the way, you and the guys should come out this summer to North Dakota! Come visit lonely old me!

As for what you should be more excited about... Fort Max definately. I mean, graduating high school is all cool and all, but it is a common event, now how many people actually get to own a Fort Max? Exactly. Enjoy it my friend. Enjoy it.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

A LITTLE ADVICE FOR YOU GRADUATING GUYS....

ENJOY IT. EVERY LAST SECOND.
I GRADUATED 11 YEARS AGO AND IT STILL SEEMS JUST LIKE YESTERDAY. I STILL REMEMBER MOST OF MY GRADUATION.
MOSTLY THE PARTY THAT TOOK PLACE AFTER.
TIME FLIES WHEN YOU COME OUT INTO THE REAL WORLD AWAY FROM HIGH SCHOOL. YOU GOT COLLAGE, WORK, MORE RESPONSIBILITIES. PEOPLE COME AND PEOPLE GO.
IT'S A LONG ROAD AHEAD OF YOU GUYS.
HANG IN THEIR AND KEEP YOUR HEAD UP.
AND MOST OF ALL..... ALWAYS HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS POSSIBLE!!!

CONGRADULATIONS GRADUATORS OF 2004 FROM A GRADUATOR OF 1993
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Thanks for the advice Galvatron! No regrets right?

Highschool has been so much fun, I'm going to miss how easy going it was. Honestly, most people are so ready to get out of their town and get on with their life that they don't realize how good life is when you are in highschool. Well, I realize it and I want to remain!

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

man, i so want to get out of this town and get on with my life. but hey, life IS good... i've got a Fort Max!
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Dude, you want to get out? Why? PF isn't that bad. It is all about the friends you keep not the place you live. Trust me. You know how many places I've lived and been too. It just doesn't matter where you are at, just who you are there with.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

very true. and since luke is coming up to MTU with me, i think i'll be allright. but you have to admit, other than just having the guys over, there is NOTHING to do in pf. and pamida charges 150% the price of anythjing at walmart.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

What store doesn't charge mroe than Walmart? Honestly, I they have the retail market almost cornered. But besides that, PF isn't that bad. Yes, it is small, and there are a lack of entertainment things to do, but even in big cities, you need money to do all of those to begin with and you and me both know, we don't have money.

But yeah. MTU, I won't be there next year. I'll be somewhere. Who knows where, but somewhere. I'm taking a year off to play hockey in Canada. But you guys will be sure to be ready for me to join up come next year or the year after... I'm still enrolled just not there yet.

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

all i can say is you know why we don't have money? cus there's nowhere good to work in this town! and let's face it. this place is so frail, that if the paper mill ever shut down, this town, everyone in it, and everyone with financial ties to it, would be done for. in debt to their eyeballs from lost money, til the day they die. that's sad.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Nah, the town will survive if the mill goes. But what you need is someone like Alien Technologies to move in, get kids to stay in the area with the new high tech jobs.

The problem is that you will have Under Employment, meaning you will be too advanced for any profession you choose to take there. Now that is sad.

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Yeah. in all of wisconsin there are not many opportunities for high-qualified technical jobs. but northern wis in particular, has gotta be the worst. time to pack my fort max and go.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Well, you'll be disappointed with Houghton anyways. It is like a larger version of PF. Nothing too special except you have a college there. Woot!

Ah well. I'll more than likely join you in a year there, but until then I get to run around with out working and playing hockey all over North America and various places in Europe. God, it's such a hard life.

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

yeah, but houghton has a college. i imagine that will soak up a lot of time. and a larger version of pf isn't like pf, because it isn't so damn small then. and besides. houghton has a walmart.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

You'll be amazed at how easily Walmart will bore you. Here in Fargo I have a Walmart, Lowes, Kmart, Hornbackers, West Acres Mall, North Mall, Colonade Mall, and several other places and it means nothing.

As I said ealier, it is about the people you keep. Cause I know you'll be too conservative with your money to spend it to have fun, which you most normally need to do.

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i consider buying transformers over food fun. screw normality.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Time Traveller wrote:screw normality.
Well, to say the world normal you must mean something must be abnormal. Also, for one thing to be stated as normal, the general inconsistances in life prove that no one thing is identicle to the next. So everything else is then abnormal. So really, to have the basis of normality and abnormality is to have the basis that one thing is right and the rest not. Such a thought is inconprehensible in this world of 6 billion people, unless of course, you are just a figment of my imagination and all that exists is myself.

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

dude... lets not go on about that again.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Again? When did I ever go on about it before?

Meh. So, a question for you. How many years you plan on spending in college? Do you think that you'll be done in out in 4 or 5? Also, what exactly was your major again?

If I remember correctly, something physics based and in turn very complicated.

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

one of the reasons i picked MTU is because there is class availability that allows you to get through in four years. and yes, physics. you better get your butt to school year after this coming.
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Yeah, I'm enrolled for 2005. I'm hoping to get the coach there to look at me. Maybe play for their team. They are, after all, Division I. Who knows though.

I think it will take you more than 4 years, unless you want to be lost in books. MTU asks a lot of credit hours to be completed, at least for my major. Then again, I have a minor worked in.