TFL Interviews

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

C.M. Welcome aboard Lenny its a pleasure to have you here. Tell us a bit about yourself, what do you do?

LennyLuck: What I do right now is a bit of nothing. When I left for a while last time, I was going through a lot. I lost too many people that were close to me this year and one after the other it was just tearing me apart. Around the same time I faced the beginning of this economic crisis we've hot over here and was layed off. I haven't found a new job since, but I've been selling a bit on ebay, and hustling where I can. I actually thought by the time I filled this out, I'ld have better news.

C.M. How did you find us here at Transformerland?

LennyLuck: I came across transformerland doing a search on a scorponok figure on google. I wanted to double check all the accessories for that big ol base and found the answers here.

C.M. Do you have many of the G1 toys?

LennyLuck: I did at one point have a pretty large G1 collection...almost complete actually. a lot of the collection I've said good bye to these past year or so.

C.M. Are you enjoying it here at Transformerland?

LennyLuck: I have enjoyed myself here and a lot of the members here. Even though I haven't really been here in a long time, I looked foward to logging in and getting away from things for a bit. I was able catch a laugh here and there, have a brighter day to hear good news in members lives. Yea, I enjoy it here.

C.M. have you made many friends here?

LennyLuck: I would say that I have found friends here, kindred spirits and such. lol, there are a lot of great people man and woman alike here.

C.M. Do you have many of the Transformer toys?

LennyLuck: I have sold off a lot of my TF stuff. I haven't really gone in any particular order, but it has been a bit of both extras and from my collection. basically I pull and grab what ever seems quick these days to photograph and put up for sale.

C.M. Why did you decide to sell it off?

LennyLuck: My decision to get rid of my TF collection along with most of my other hobbies came from a forsight you could say. I saw a big change coming in my life that needed my attention....a bump in the road maybe. I was engaged and looking to start a life with my lady and room was needed. I needed a place to put all my weapons and emergency equipment that the misses wouldn't see, she gets nervous around that kinda stuff, and that kinda stuff is the only things I would keep that would come in handy in the event of...! Our whole new life together did take a bit of a back seat to unfortunate circumstances that arose and the selling of my TF collection became more of a need for the money than anything else.

C.M. How did you come up with the name Lenny Luck?

LennyLuck: Lenny Luck...lol...Lenny was a nick name given to me many years ago from some ol' friends. It was a nickname taking of my middle name Lenin, but some of the guys where I lived and worked always said lenny so I kept it. The luck part,....well we all have our own type of luck. Haven't had the best luck in my experiences, but I was hoping with the name would come at least some typ of control over my own luck...

C.M. Being a neutral what is your favorite faction?

LennyLuck: My favorite faction would be the Autobots,... the guardians...

C.M. If you could choose a Trabnsformer name who would you choose?

LennyLuck: If I chose a transformer name who would it be? Hmmm??? Thats a good one, I don't think I have a clue...

C.M. Favorite Transformer toy?

LennyLuck: My Favorite transformer toy would be Slag. Just sentimental, He was one of my first transformer toys before any other dinobots. I loved the dinobots because I was a huge Godzilla fan...Long story on how I relate these things...lol

C.M. is there any particular toy you would like to own?

LennyLuck: A particular toy I'ld like to have???...I have had all of the G1 and most of G2 if I remember right. I'm a bit of an old school guy and got into the newer generations a little, but I wouldn't mind getting back my Slag...lol

C.M. Whats your least favorite toy?

LennyLuck: My least favorit transformer toy would be a knock off made in no name land I got when I was a kid from a relative who had no clue about toys but whose heart was in the right place. It was a type of car robot and wasn't thought out very well when constructed. Its was all grey except the the thighs and fists which were black, had a painted black mean face. Broke upon the second transformation back into car mode...yeah that would be the least favorite toy.

C.M. Who is your favorite character?

LennyLuck: My favorite Character would be OP...I know, I know too obvious., but for some reason in the TF world I always looked to Optimus. He protected everyone, he always knew what to do and how to do it. The whole leadership wisdom part of him always appealed to me.

C.M. Who is your least favorite character?

LennyLuck: The least favorite character...didn't have one. There was the good and the bad yes, but I loved every character Autobot or decepticon for who they were and the part they played.

C.M. Is there anything you would like to add?

LennyLuck: I would like to say thank you CM for giving me the time and consideration,...and to say sorry for the long wait of submitting this and for not being here. I plan on opening up a bit more later on, but am still currently looking for a spot to plant my foot to pull myself outta this hole I'm in.

I would also like to add a thank you to Commander Megatron for his friendship and concern through past events in my life, and thank TFL members for their support which has helped to give me a more positive outlook if not just a smile....Oh and one more thing, I have been catching a lot more of the new animation series and I got to say it cracks me up...it really does.

C.M. Lenny it has been my pleasure to help and its been a pleasure and an honor to have you here and many thanks for coming back to submit the interview.

Next up, the one and only...Rocktimus Prime.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Rocktimus Prime, it is a pleasure to have you here.

R.P. Thanks. I like what you've done with the place. The throw pillows are a nice touch.

C.M. Thank you, I try and keep the place nice for my guests. Tell us a bit about yourself what do you do?

R.P. What don't I do!? For my crust, I primarily work freelance for HWR Media and Communications, a media company here in SA. There I'm a Graphic Designer, working on a variety of print based jobs for a variety of clients. I also put together a couple of visitor guides, as HWR has a number of contracts with the states government to produce print for tourism. I also run a small design business of my own doing niche jobs for smaller clients.

Thats all work. In my leisure time I'm a tabletop wargamer and painter, console and PC gamer, illustrator and painter, musician, drinker of alcohol, and mad Transformers nut.

C.M. How did you come across transformerland?

R.P. Google is your friend! I think I was just looking for a friendly, straight forward website about the passtime of Transformers obsession, especially the toys, and it led me here. And I am quite liking it.

C.M. How did you come up with your screen name of Rocktimus Prime?

R.P. The name is one I came up with, in a flash of inspiration, some time in the past. This seemed like a good place to put it to use.

R.P. I have close to 20 that I have had since I was young. The collection has expanded by character, rather than range, at the moment. The Optimus Prime stuff available seems to expenantially expand daily!

C.M. Are you enjoying it here?

R.P. Yeah, its good to hang around with a bunch of equally obsessed transformer toy fans. Plus I think there are people with even more non-sequencher thinking than me, which make me look almost sane.

C.M. Have you made many friends here?

R.P. I'd like to think that no one hates me, so I have tonnes of friends in that respect. I don't have PM conversations or MSN anyone. Menasor and I had a dialogue going, but that was cut short.

C.M. When not here with us at Transformerland how do you like to relax?

R.P. At the moment it's either painting my Bretonnian Warhammer army, playing Warhammer Age of Reckoning, or getting onto Xbox Live and listening to 13 year old kids throw racial slurs around. I'm also partial to sitting down with a beer and watching a movie.

C.M. Do you have many of the Transformers toys other than G1?

R.P. I think the non-G1 now exceeds G1 in my collection. I do have a lot of stuff based on the G1 universe, though, like Transformers Monopoly.

C.M. What is your favorite transformer toy?

R.P. Too many to choose! The Masterpiece Optimus Prime that comes with the trailer is a favourite though.

C.M. Is there a particular toy that you would like to have?

R.P. At the moment, the Transformers Animated Leader Class Optimus Prime.

C.M. What is your least favorite Transformer toy?

R.P. I love all the pre-G1 movie toys. You have to admire their designs. They took existing objects and using their somewhat limited production options available to them, managed to produce a set of toys that are quite striking and individual. While I like all the new post-G1 movie toys, a bit of me feels like they cheated a bit. I mean, Kup, Blurr, Arcee, Cyclonus, Scourge? Excellently designed and imagined, but less challenging to design a future car that turns into a future robot. I think this is the only way in which I have a 'least favourite'.

R.P. My 40 types of Optimus Prime points to an obvious answer. Soundwave!

R.P. Whats the standard answer here? Wheelie? Yeah, not a fan of Wheelie. And possibly Snarl. Awesome toy, and a Dinobot to boot! But possibly the most superflous character in any series.

R.P. I am awesome at making tacos.

C.M. Rocktimus, thank you for your time.

Next up, Decepticon communications officer, Soundwave.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Soundwave, it is a pleasure to have you here.

Soundwave: Its great to be here Commander!

C.M. Tell us a bit about yourself what do you do?

Soundwave: Well I am finishing up school, and I live up in the New York area. Its a tough struggle with the economy so I am looking for a part-time job.

Soundwave: I was looking to buy a G1 Mindwipe and this site was the first link that came up. (and still looking for a Mindwipe)

C.M. Why did you choose Decepticon communications officer Soundwave as your screen name?

Soundwave: I chose Soundwave as my screen name because he was always my favorite character.

C.M. Will you be joining in with the roleplay on a more regular basis sometime soon?

Soundwave: I always try to join in on the roleplay when I have a chance.

Soundwave: Yes i have around 55 G1 toys and I am always trying to collect more.

Soundwave: Yes, I am enjoying myself here, its a very friendly community.

Soundwave: I would have to say I have made several friends.

Soundwave: I relax by playing video games, reading, and just surfing the web.

Soundwave: I collect lines like: beast war's, the movie line, Animated, Etc.

Soundwave: G1 soundwave or Prime

Soundwave: Japanese Soundblaster.

Soundwave: Wheelie!

Soundwave: Soundwave of course.

C.M. Of course. Who is your least favorite character?

Soundwave: Wheelie and Hotrod.

Soundwave: Nope

Thank you for your time Soundwave,

Next up, Autobot scout...Hound.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Hound, it is a pleasure to have you here.

Hound: Thanks Commander Megatron. Such an honour to be invited to sit on the very same couch as so many of the fameous TFL'ers! Say, is that Softimus' leg sticking out from behind that pillow??

C.M. How the hell did that get there?!? Must be Bumblebee's from from his interview... :oops: *Ahem* Tell us a bit about yourself what do you do?

Hound: I live on the westcoast of Norway, in the raincapital Bergen to be precise. I'm an engineer by profession, I design and do modifications to installations and machinery on oilrigs. It's interesting work and I get to travel a bit, which I enjoy, but sometimes it can suck the life out of you when deadlines are looming (spelling?).
I like to think Transformers contributed to me becoming an engineer; I've always enjoyed building stuff (and taking it apart...). I had Legos by the bucket as a kid!

Hound: My spark for Tfs had been rekindled some time after seeing the movie, and I wanted to see what the toys were like nowadays. So I found the transformerland-identification feature. Some time after, I found the forums to, and here I am.

C.M. It is great to have you here. Why did you choose Autobot Scout Hound as your screen name?

Hound: Hound was one of the toys I wanted most as a kid, he's so different both as a toy and a character. To get a little deep and profound, I like to think there's a bit of Hound in me too.

C.M. Will you be joining in with the roleplay sometime soon?

Hound: I did try to, but it's really not for me, my apologies to TT who tried to get me interested.

Hound: I've only just started collecting (again), so the tally isn't going to impress anyone, but I almost got 1984 covered and most of 1985 toys too. I found my original figures stashed away in a box at my parents, it was great finally seeing them again.

Hound: Very much so! It's becoming a cliche really, but this place and its people is like a big extended family. It's rare to find such friendliness on the net nowadays I think, most other places seem to be filled with so many angry people.

Hound: I certainly like to think so! I haven't been around for that long, so I'm hoping I get to know everyone more.

Hound: Nothing more fancy than spending time with family or friends. Other than that, I enoy a good book together with some red wine, listening to music, doing some TLC for my car, those kind of things.

Hound: I didn't plan to get the other series initially, but lets face it, for gimmicks or posing they're in a different league than G1s. So yes, I've started collecting some other series as well.

I particularly enjoy the RiD and Cybertron-lines. There's something about the detailing and build of those toys that's just 'right'. I got a RiD Sideburn the other day and I'm really impressed with it. Also, I couldn't transform it, the damn thing is so tricky, hehehe!

I'm not into the BW-stuff or the non-transforming stuff. For me that's just too far away from what I feel Transformers are about.

Hound: Whaaa? I love them all equally much!!! Seriously though, I don't think I can pinpoint just one favourite, but the original 1984-85 figures are really special to me.

Hound: Oh, there are so many... A Fortress Maximus would rank highly on my list I guess. A new toy I'd really like to have is the '05 Botcon Ratchet (and Ironhide), mostly because they look like they should've done in '84.

Hound: That would have to be the Beast Wars stuff, they're too weird to register on my TF-radar.

Hound: I'd have to say Ironhide from the original series. He's a real hero, brave, kind and tough and has human qualities. He's the kind of guy you'd like as your friend.
I really hate what they turned him into in the Armada/Energon cartoons though...

Runners up would be Ultra Magnus and Starscream, just got to love that scheeming weazel!!

Hound: Armada / Energon Ironhide again. Total and utter failure with that character as far as I'm concerned.

Hound: Just to thank you and the others here for making the place what it is. And for making it so easy to be a new guy here!

C.M. Hound, thank you for your time.

C.M. Next up on the big purple couch... Elita-1.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Elita-1, it is a pleasure to have you here.

Elita-1: Why thankyou CM, I am pleased to be here

Elita-1: I am an aspiring writer in the field of many and I love snowboarding and TF's

C.M. A writer eh? what sort of stuff do you write?

Elita-1: I write a whole bunch of stuff...childrens stories, news articles, fiction, health articles, I'm trying to find my niche

Elita-1: I grew up watching them from time to time with my 3 older bros, but I never really got into it as heavy as when CliffJumper aka Jason aka my husband started collecting again

C.M.Why Elita-1 as a screen name?

Elita-1: She's a leader and bots respect her...and shes hot...otherwise I would have gone for a male

C.M. What male would you have chosen?

Elita-1: I am not sure what male bot I would've been...it was too hard to pick thats another reason I went with a girl.

Elita-1: No......

Elita-1: Indeed, I don't have much time to write but I love this community, you're all awesome

Elita-1: You tell me...

C.M. I'm sure you have, you have me for a start! Ever thought about joining in the roleplay?

Elita-1: I know I have mates on here, I did join the roleplay once, but I got in trouble for saying something stupid so i decided I wasn't into it because I am not on here enough to keep track on whats is going on.

C.M. Yourself and Cliffjumper have just moved house, I personally hate moving. Did the move go OK?
Elita-1: The move was great, we had lots of fun and we've done the drive quite a few times, its getting here and "settling in" that I hate!!!!

Elita-1: Snowboarding and when theres no snow, I love to go to the movies on my own

Elita-1: I have OP classic, a Jap 'ariel' or Arcee and Elita-One movie series (as seen in wedding pics) and a G1 Topspin, I just collect through CJ because I cannot afford it.

Elita-1:Oooohhhhhh thats a hard one, but I really like Reflector, I mean, a camera....thats cool. If they had a transformer Guitar that would be my fave

Elita-1: Indeed...ALL G1's hehe

Elita-1: All the 2007 movie repaints making them into new characters that never existed, its so unoriginal!!!

Elita-1: Probably OP, he's a Godly figure and I love God.

Elita-1: Cliffjumper...hahahahaha JK, I would say Starscream, his voice gets under my skin, like the devil!

Elita-1:YES....I LOVE CLIFFJUMPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....oh and I cannot explain how much I wish Transformers were real, I imagine cars turning into Robots everyday...Peace bros and Sisters!!!

C.M. Elita-1, thank you for your time.

Next up, one of my loyal Decepticon warriors...Octane
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Octane, it is a pleasure to have you here.

Octane: Thanks, Commander! It's a pleasure to be here on the soft cushions of the purple decepti-couch.

Octane: I am a junior in high school. However, in my spare time, aside from collecting toys like Transformers and Zoids, I write poetry and music, and I paint, draw, color, etc. I'm a bit of an artist.

Octane: I believe I was reccomended here from Tfans by Sentinel Prime? I can't remember...It's been so long..

C.M. How come you chose Decepticon Triple changer/fueller Octane as your screen name?

Octane: Well, I don't know too much about his original character, but I just like the idea of a robot changing into both a tanker truck and a jetliner. Very few bots transform into jumbo-jets.

Octane: I've amassed a fair collection, probably around 75 toys all together. Amongst those are insecticons, constructicons, decepticon jets, targetmasters, leaders, autobot cars, micromasters, and many other bits and bobs. I don't discriminate by era.

Octane: Oh, yes. It's easily my favorite transformers forum on the web.

Octane: Well, I tend to think of this place as a big "family" of sorts, so I guess I've made lots of friends!

Octane: Well, as I said before, I make music and art and whatnot. I also catch and study insects, mainly cicadas, mantids, and beetles. Kicking back and listening to some music or watching a good movie is good, too.

Octane: I used to, but I sold a whole bunch of them. Now, I mainly have Classics and some other bits & bobs, including beast wars and RID.

Octane: That's a tough one...G1 Shockwave's pretty kickass, but I like Trailbreaker, too. I can't really pick a favorite, know what I mean? haha...

Octane: I really want G1 Octane and Motormaster, but you know...I want everything [lol]

Octane: I've got to say...G1 Brawn is a floppy mess and looks nothing like he does on the cartoon, with his ostrich legs and ratchet hands.

Octane: Shockwave, both toon and comic versions, are great. Comic version is a cold, logical killer, and toon version is a loyal, yet deadly decepticon warrior. I love when he defies Starscream to attempt to contact megatron after "Ultimate Doom"

Octane: Not wheelie, surprisingly. he doesn't bother me. Daniel's a bit annoying sometimes, though.

Octane: Just to thank you again for giving me the opportunity for an interview.

C.M. Octane, thank you for your time.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Redline, it is a pleasure to have you here.

Redline Thanks, Commander Megatron. It's an honor to be here.

Redline Well, I'm currently a student up in northern Michigan and carry many seasonal jobs, depending on whether I'm living here or at home in Minnesota.

Redline Time Traveler and Rattrap showed me the site and kinda talked me into joining the RP.

C.M. How did you choose your screen name of Redline?

Redline I was a little hesitant to jump into such an established RP, but Redline is the name of an NPC that existed on the Aetherspite. I took it over and created the character.

Redline To be perfectly honest, the only Transformer toys I've ever had have been my little brother's and Rattrap's. I know Rattrap has a few, but I personally don't have any. Embarassed I also don't really have the money to collect right now.

Redline Yes, it has been a lot of fun being a part of TFL.

Redline I have indeed. It's quite fun to get to meet people from different places on the globe.

Redline I really enjoy sewing, crocheting, and crafting in general. To relax, I design clothing or work on the blanket I'm crocheting or something like that. (Yes, I will eventually work on something Transformer-related, but I've got a lot of things going right now, so it'll have to wait for some serious inspiration) I'm also a gamer, and videogames fill my free time too.

Redline I almost owned an animated Snarl and the other dinobots, but money limitations made me rethink that purchase. I do really enjoy the transforming toys and take great pleasure in transforming and untransforming them, but I typically just steal Rattrap's for that. He's got plenty to share.

Redline I'm a huge fan of Animated Snarl. It may sound overly girly of me, but he's adorable and his weapons are great. TFL Snarl (Kath) really influenced my liking of Snarl so much too.

Redline I think if I started collecting anything, I'd collect the Mini-Cons. I've heard that could be a really bad/crazy idea, but they intrigue me, and I've always had a liking for miniature-type things.

Redline I can't say I have a least favorite toy as of yet.

Redline I must say, I haven't watched as much Transformers as I would like to say I have (which really isn't much at all...), and I am probably one of the least-learned of Transformers on the boards. I'm not entirely sure who my favorite character is yet, but I'm sure I will gain one as I watch and learn more.

Redline Not trying to sound cliche or anything, but Bumblebee in any instance I've seen him reminds me too much of my little brother for me to like his character.

Redline Don't think so, Commander. Thanks for the honor of doing this!

C.M. Redine it was a pleasure to have you here on the purple couch.

Next up the Ambassador of Destruction, powermaster leader Overlord.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Overlord, it is a pleasure to have you here.

Overlord: Thank you Commander, it's good to relax and kick back with such esteemed company. This is my first interview that's not related to educational purposes or professional purposes, therefore, it's the most interesting and entertaining!

Overlord: I am a native New Yorker and have lived in NYC my entire life. As such I'm looking to move out soon...hopefully another country, but with the crap global economy i'm not sure if that's feasible. I currently work at an investment bank, doing various sorts of accounting and what not, but people at work are in perpetually sour moods for obvious reasons. I myself am hoping to get a new job..perhaps when I get to finally move? I originally was thinking of moving to London, but eh...that's not such a happy place right now either. :(

Overlord: I had a strange, unidentified figure i wanted to either sell or keep. I wasn't even sure if it was transformers, but it said hasbro on it. I found my way to tfland reference and it turns out it was Slog and some parts to monstructor

C.M. Why did you decide upon Overlord as your screen name?

Overlord: Ever since i was a kid i kept wondering why there was no decepticon counterpart to powermaster optimus prime. now 20 years later i discovered that indeed there is, and it turns out to be a great toy!

To be quite honest however i've always thought gray, anti-hero characters were interesting. Overlord has enough traits such as honor, valor, cunning, and defiance, which are hallmarks that he shares with a Dinobot or a Grimlock or a Jetfire. Plus, he was arguably the greatest Decepticon field commander ever (yeah i said that ).

Overlord: I have about 190 or so, +/- 5. I include the Japanese G1s i own, in addition to the u.s. releases.

Overlord: Yep, I like it here it's relaxing and easy-going. work sometimes (well, frequently) sucks and gets stressful, so it's nice to come here and conversate about TFs or whatever. Haven't had the time to get back into the RP though, unfortunately. I even sneak a few log-ons while at work. I bet i'm the only person at the whole bank browsing a transformers site

Overlord: Sure there's plenty of jovial people here and a sense of community, which is great. Don't get that feeling on other boards

Overlord: On the weekends it's time to unwind, which is usually accomplished by going to bars/lounges whatever downtown and getting some quality belgian beers. When i want to be lazy i go on my ps3. I have four tv shows i enjoy (24, sarah connor chronicles, battlestar galactica, fringe), and I'm a basketball fan so i try to catch the Knicks and other NBA games when I can. I also like having a beer with my dad or my buddies watching NFL football on sundays. Otherwise, i'm spending time browsing transformer-related websites, hunting down new figures, listening to music/reading interesting comics, movies, and the like

Overlord: Not really. I'm not particularly interested in animated or the RID/Armada/Energon whatever. I've got some classics/universe, and all the masterpiece releases so far aside from ultra magnus and thundercracker. Have beast wars megatron, but he's in storage.

Overlord: I really like city/base-bots (which are only found in G1!)...however i'd have to specifically mention sky lynx. I recall seeing him at a store and instantly wanting to get it, as blue is my favorite color and i had a real keen interest in dinosaurs, and of course sky lynx is a transformer. I pleaded with my dad for over an hour, he finally got it for me. i took it with me to school very frequently...and it got pretty beat up as a result. i still have it...i have another G1 sky lynx in much better shape, and i have the reissue, for a total of 3! Fort Max I went through the same process, though it took 8 months of begging my dad, and of course it was too large to take to school. Other favorites: Masterpiece Optimus Prime, the Dinobots, Trypticon, and of course, Overlord.

Overlord: I'd like to have a Grand Maximus, as I'm interested in the masterforce line. Not sure about actually outlaying the cash for him though.

Transformers is a love/hate hobby...you hate it for your empty wallet, and love it for everything else

Overlord: Eh..I have to say the Pretenders are pretty weak. Non-articulate shell legs..crappy inner robots. Bah.

Overlord: Optimus Prime. I know, it sounds anathema. However, I still get chills and a literal sinking feeling in my stomach everytime he meets his death in the animated movie. My mother is also quite fond of Prime lol. Universally loved character, and for good reason.

C.M. That was the best bit of the animated movie! Who is your least favorite character?

Overlord: This is the easiest question. Ugh. I hate cheetor. Whiny, stupid, rebelious, irresponsible, irritating. I stopped watching beast wars because I looked at him with such disdain. I started again in the third season, when he was far less irritating, and far more "mature."

Overlord: This is a good group here on the board. People come and people go, but it looks like a core group remains. I'm looking forward to cultivating friendships here. Also, i never realized there were so many british transformers fans to be found on one forum. That being said...if anyone has advice on how to look for jobs in London, and where to live, please tell me!

C.M. Thankyou for your time Overlord.

Next on the big Purple couch Decepticon Military Operations Officer Shockwave
Commander Megatron

Welcome to the infamous interview room Shockwave.

C.M. Tell about yourself,what you do?

Shockwave Well my name is Jason I am 34yrs. old,married two kids,I am a Correctional Officer for a State Prison. I have loved TFers every since I was a kid,now I try to show my son the shows and play with the toys,I like to work-out,ride my mountain bike (even though no mountains around here).Also like to watch and soon go to Hockey Games, GO!!! BLUES!!!.

C.M. How did you come across Transformerland?

Shockwave Well I was seaching for parts to buy and just stumbled onto the website..Lucky me, cause I got alot of parts here.

C.M. How come you leave and come back in bursts?

Shockwave Well I wish I could be on everyday,but work hours,kids,and the Wife keep me busy,plus the computer sits alot upstairs unhooked cause lost a room too one of the kids to sleep in.

C.M. Would you not stick around for the roleplay?

Shockwave Hmm.. I can prob. be on a few times a week,the RP thing I am not great at and would need to sit and see how I could fit myself in,would need help getting started.

C.M. Just drop in and take over from were Rumble has you. He has been playing Shockwave and doing a good job to. When you first signed up you were Skywarp then switched to Shockwave why the change?

Shockwave Well there for a bit we were out numbered and out gunned so I thought I'd switch,also not alot of info to RP with Skywarp.

C.M. Have you got many of the G1 toys?

Shockwave Well have have quite a few not sure of number this is a on going thing I hope to have almost all G1's soon. Well... maybe all before movie and Sec. season of t.v. show.

C.M. Have you made many friends here at Transformerland?

Shockwave Well everyone I meet here is great,but outside website I play x-box live with Dinobot and Computron.

C.M. How do you relax when your not here and have trime to yourself?

Shockwave hehe the good old days relaxing I try to play x-box watch some TF shows when the kids are asleep,or wife has them somewhere else. I like to read some also.

C.M. Have you many other toys from the other toy lines?

Shockwave I have few reissued TF's and a few old star wars toys,and a few Starwars TF cross overs.

C.M. Whats your favorite toy?

Shockwave TF Skywarp,Sunstreaker.

Shockwave Sunstreaker

Shockwave Starscream (pyscho Girlfriend type)

C.M. Anything you would like to add?

Shockwave I hope to be around more,and thanks for taking time to read. Take Care.

C.M. Thank you for your time Shockwave.

Next up on the couch, Constructicon leader...Scrapper.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Scrapper, it is a pleasure to have you here.

Scrapper Thanks CM.I'm honored to be interviewed.The couch is confortable ,and the place is really suggestive and well designed,in Decepticon style.

Scrapper I live in Genova,a rather big city in northern Italy. After graduating at secundary school I've studied history at a faculty university but unfortunately I had to leave ,anyway remains a very interesting experience...then I've worked in some supermarkets,at the moment I'm unemployed,I hope that I could find a new job very soon!

Scrapper During one of my Internet researches I found this site.I asked an item to Matt and I was surprised by his quick replies and help,so thanks to him I've bought an item and also known the board.At the moment TFL is my first choice as shop for transformers.

C.M. Why did you decide on the character of Scrapper?

Scrapper When I was a child,constructicons were some of my favorite characters...a team of construction vehicles/transformers also capable of becoming a giant robot!It was great when I saw them for the first time in "heavy metal war".
During the g1 US show in the 80's,I liked Scrapper robot mode(also the toy is rather detailed,for a constructicon) and his attitude.Now,after years, I decided this name on board because he remains surely one of my favorite G1 characters.

Scrapper Unfortunately not at the moment,my 80's toys were all completely broken and trashed from several years;In those years I had Menasor,Devastator and Prime.
Now I've a reissue Starscream,and some other constructicons .All my robots are in great conditions,this time.In fact, I plan a G1 collection to display.
And very soon I'll have other great pieces from TFL.

Scrapper Yes,because although I'm not very competent and I surely make some grammar mistakes, I see that you are all kind and respectful.I never had problems with none of you in the board.And the discussions about transformers and other arguments are interesting.

Scrapper Of course!This board has a very friendly attitude, it's really a big family and I like the atmosphere.It's a pleasure talking to you all.You're all great!

Scrapper I like watching DVD's about US cartoons,japanese animes and movies.Then I like running and reading some books. I don't follow a lot football but English premier league seems rather funny.... I'd like also visiting northern europe regions as soon as I collect enough money.Those places are fascinating and we must consider that I never left Italy.

Scrapper Just 3 Henkei.. .But I'd like to buy also some beast wars robots, and an animated Soundwave.

Scrapper From the few ones that I could touch and play, in G1 surely Soundwave and Optimus Prime.

Scrapper I'd like to have my favorite Decepticons,especially Shockwave, Megatron and Soundwave then the combiners,always with purple logo...
For the Autobots,except Optimus Prime that I plan to buy,I'm not very interested at the moment.Maybe I could consider 2 Dinobots and few other...

Scrapper No one in particular....I know them nothing much .
Perhaps,from the pictures,Defensor and Powerglide are some of the robots that I appreciate a little loss.

Scrapper Honestly my favorite is the "decepticons faction",in the cartoon Megatron,Soundwave and all others had a great personality(also Starscream added a lot!) and were memorable characters in my opinion.But if I have to choose just few people,Scrapper,Megatron and Prime are my favorites.

Scrapper Wheelie,is so annoying and also Seaspray,especially for his voice.I don't like neither Scourge but just because it's sad that for his creation a so good seeker was reformatted.

Scrapper Thanks so much for the space that you've granted to me .

C.M. Next up,all taht was needed was a Catalyst Prime
Last edited by Commander Megatron on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Megatron

C.M. Welcome Catalyst Prime, it is a pleasure to have you here. Tell us a bit about yourself what do you do?

C.P. I'm currently between full-time jobs, but I've worked part-time at a homeless shelter for the past 4 years. Mostly I'm a overnight watchman.
awnser phone, hand out medication, make sure clients are in by curfew, ect... I'm starting college this fall, getting into the Aerospace Engineering field.

C.P. Google. I was looking for a cheap place to buy Figures to flesh out my universe collection. I stumbled onto TFL looking for Universe 1.0 Inferno(to use as Classics Red Alert) I didn't join the forums for several months afterwards, I was a member of Tfarchive, but TFL just seemed to have friendly-er people, and I wanted to get into a forum Rpg.

C.M. How did you come up with your screen name of Catalyst Prime?

C.P. I originally got "Catalyst" from the opening of Armored Core Nexus on PS2. I belonged to a AC forum for several years as Catalyst Dragon(because "Catalyst" was already taken) but I felt Prime would be a good change for a Tf forum.

C.P. Not very many. mostly Minibots. I primarly get G1's to flesh out my universe collection. I had a rather large collection as a kid, but there long gone now...hell for all I know some of them have probably been sold here.

C.P.Very much so. The people here are much nicer than other forums I've been on.

C.P. I belive so. I'm still pretty new here. So I haven't had alot of dealing with many people yet. But so far I haven't met anyone I dislike.

C.P. Videogames mostly. I also like to practice my swordsmanship (that's not very relaxing though). Since I got back into collecting though sometimes I just find myself sitting in my room stareing at my collection in awe.

C.P. My collection is primarly newer figures. I started off collecting Classics line, Using both Universe lines to add to it. When the 07 movie came out I got into those figures as well. Same with RotF. I also got almost all the Animated line except for leader Bulkhead, repaints, and "Longarm" colored Shockwave.

C.P. Thats hard to say. I've never been one to pick favorites. And when I do I have to put it into catagorys...
My favorite G1 would be Battletrap. In the Classiverse it would probably be Sunstreaker(even though I hate yellow cars). In animated I'd have to say Samurai Prowl. As for the movie line I've become quite partial to RotF Ransack. My custom Red Alert is probably my favorite kitbash.

C.P. G1 Dogfight! I play him in the Rpg at Tfarchive and I want a toy of him! but I can't find one anywhere...

C.P. Easily, my KO G1 Superion, what a piece of crap. But at least he was only $8 bucks.

C.P. In G1 it is a tie between Wheeljack and Sunstreaker for Autobots.
Thundercracker was always my favorite Decepticon hands down.

C.P. I've always disliked Rodimus Prime. He's such a whiner in G1. His toy is always been cool though, especially the new Animated one.

Not that I can think of... I'm sure I'll come up with something months later though...