How is everyone?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

trance
Site Admin

How is everyone?

Post by trance »

Haven't had a nice conversation with anyone in a while, so I thought I'd start this thread. If you're around, drop a line and let us know how you've been.

Personally, myself, I've been a bit out of if, felt in a daze the last long while. Maybe because we're considering buying a new home and it's got me a bit frazzled, thinking about all the work that'll have to be done...packing and then unloading, plus getting this old house ready to sell. Fun fun fun. If anyone's near Gainesville and wants to help pack up a mess of transformers, let me know =)
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

I hate moving house!! You have my sympathies for that one!! I'm not bad, all things considered. Been busy this week with one thing and another, but to be honest I can't complain.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Commander Megatron wrote:I hate moving house!! You have my sympathies for that one!! I'm not bad, all things considered. Been busy this week with one thing and another, but to be honest I can't complain.
Glad to hear you are well, got any marathon races coming up? =)
Hey, what happened to your sig?
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

I need to get a new one a friend was hosting it for me and his server went down and he lost everything. :shock: :shock: :cry:

Thanks and no I don't have any marathon races coming up!! I would bet my bottom $ that you do!
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Commander Megatron wrote:I need to get a new one a friend was hosting it for me and his server went down and he lost everything. :shock: :shock: :cry:

Thanks and no I don't have any marathon races coming up!! I would bet my bottom $ that you do!
Well, no marathons, but I do have a couple races next weekend...that would be the beginning of the Triathlon season, woo hoo! Mrs. Trance won't be running many races this year sadly :(
I'll try to force her to make some posts here instead though, lol!

Oh, hey, I can host your sig if you want, no problem!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Hey guys, I think I like this thread. Yes, Trance, you and Mrs. T need to get your butts on here! She promised all sorts of stories and we never heard them :lol:
Well, as you all know, Minerva is here, and we have only two weeks remaining. I knew time would fly! I've been having some medical issues which have disrupted some of our plans with dr. visits and tests, but she's been a spectacular gal and hasn't left my side for an instant no matter how crappy the med problems make me feel. We're back up to Houghton now, and hopefully we'll get out to some of the parks and have a bunch of pictures for you all. How's everyone else?
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

Hey TT, I hope all your medical problems are not too serious.

I have been doing good.
Work has been an on and off subject lately because of this Recession stuff. I can't wait for it to end.
I've been able to only get about 2 weeks of work every month this year.
But I suppose 2 weeks is better than none.

Luckily i get unemployment when I'm off work.
And I saved a bunch of my tax return money for emergencies.
As bad as I want to spend a ton of it here at the TFL store, I can't go overboard on what I want to buy LOL.
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

im just the usual

25 hour days
frequent trips to the hospital in the last couple of weeks
lack of sleep

about normal for me :lol:
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

My family and I are enjoying some Spring Break R & R in Eastern New Mexico where my parents live on a big farm! It's very peacefully here! Was a awesome place to grow up! :D

Getting geared up for college finals coming up very soon! LOTS and LOTS of reasearch and writing yet still to do! :cry:
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Hi all,

Great thread.

If I was down your way Trance I wouldn't mind helping you move. And, I would even control my inclamation to pocket a few of them. :D Good luck on the move!

TT, I hope your health improves soon. Bring on the pictures of those parks! Did you two meet online? Or did you meet and reconnect? I met my gf online, and relocated all the way to (not so) sunny Ohio from around San Diego, California. I miss the perfect year round weather.

I am doing well over here. The car that got wrecked by the local pd has been replaced with very little thanks to them. My gf now has a (relatively... ok sort of) new Jeep Liberty. It's in much better condition than the Ford Contour was that I was driving when it got rear ended. The best part about it is that I didn't have to sell my collection like I thought I might to get another vehicle.

Work is going well. I even got a bonus (a small bonus) which every dollar is going to get my own car running a little better.

One of the best things, is that the weather has been spectacular here lately. In the 60s and occasionally the low 70s. Very nice. :)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I think I like this thread, too! Nice to know what you've all been up to lately.

@Ratchet - glad to know that your car problems seem to have been solved. Of course, the bonus doesn't sound too bad either!
...and to answer your question: Me and TT met online about a year ago, thanks to TFL. We both thought it was about time we finally met and decided this month would be a good time to do so.

The last two weeks have been great, but the days go by way too fast! This is my first visit in the US, and despite the fact that I've only been here for a short time I can honestly say that I like it here. :)
I've had some health issues too since I got here, but TT has been (and is still) taking good care of me.
I do hope my next visit, which I'm already planning, will last for a much longer time. ;)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I am glad to hear that your relationship is working out so well.
Sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope it heals soon. (coming from the medic).

Thought I would share: I met my gf at an online forum for a game that came out several years ago. We chatted on the board with a bunch of fantastic regulars (nearly as fantastic as all of you). We got/get along so well we started emailing/IMing. I flew down here twice to see if it could work out. Little bit later, I packed up and moved to Dayton. Forums like this are fantastic to make great friends and get to know good people. I am truly glad to be here with all of you in such a casual friendly atmosphere.
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

Post by ghostinthemachine »

here CM i have these 2 saved
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

@ghost - pfffttt whhhaaha, great one, Megatron for Dictator '12 lmao!
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

Gday all. this an awesome threrad :D
Great to hear that everyone is doing ok, its awesome that TT and Minerva finally met hooray love is fun. hope u guys are doing better with your illnesses. All is well down under except for the bushfires that are now put out Praise the Lord. I know how u feel about moving Trance I just moved all my TFs and stuff 1500 kms to my new house such a pain in th bum.... BUBBLE WRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
ghostinthemachine
Aerial Supreme Commander

Post by ghostinthemachine »

yeah that is a good one trance
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

And as for myself. I have enjoyed having Minerva around as well. Although I haven't really been around that much to hang out with the two of them due to school and work. But having an extra person here in the apartment is pleasant and she has patient with all my ramblings about various things.

Life has been going well. I finally decided on a project for my Master's of Science research and will be starting that soon. Classes are alright, though they could be better and with only about a month remaining it's going to get hectic. Work at Domino's Pizza (I deliver) has been phenomenal despite keeping me so busy and I can think of no better job to hold while in college. Seriously I make on average $60 in tips, over $100 on a good night. My girl got herself a cell phone recently and having the extra contact with her has been wonderful. I have a similar situation as TT/Minerva and Ratchet if you're wondering. And with the added money at my disposal now I am planning a trip to visit her this summer.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Thanks everyone. :)

@ Cliffjumper - Glad to know that you're doing fine. I've heard a lot about the terrible fires over there and wasn't sure if you and Elita had ended up in one. I'm happy to know that you two are okay and that your transformers seem to be safe!

@ Blackjack - Haha! You make it seem like you keep on rambling as if there was no tomorrow! To be honest I thought you might think that having me around would be a bother. :P
I think you're a really nice and funny guy and I'd like to wish the best of luck to you and your girl. :)
evilone
Powermaster

Post by evilone »

i is covered in oil outta a tractor axle
i has no lippy with me
i is cold
i has cut my hand
i has ripped my jeans
i hasnt had a shower since this morning
an my hairs a mess

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Sorry your day is going so poorly Evilone. Hopefully you can start relaxing soon. How bad did you cut your hand?