TOY RESTRICTION!!!!

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

evilone
Powermaster

Post by evilone »

Careful. Sadly, I can tell you from experience that the relatively high and constant humidity of the fridge WILL rust metal bits on your TFs.
so ya actualy put tfs in the fridge then ????????
do tell why :lol:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I've yet to be put on restriction. Something tells me that may happen soon. We are now looking into a 3rd glass windowed bookcase to keep the future purchases in. What she doesn't know is that the future purchases have already been made. I believe I have around 20 figures arriving in the next couple of days. To put it bluntly I am a dead man. Much thanks to Trance for helping my collection. Whenever I need a fix Trance is there. Whenever I need accessories or parts or figures to complete a set... Trance is there! Thanks Trance!.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

I had it pretty sweet for a while. A high percentage was on display in the 4th bedroom with the rest in the closet (no not that kind of "in the closet"). I had to pack them up and now I have but one lonely shelf that is getting more full. I also have some over flow on to the table where my xbox and tv are. I just don't want my Tfs too close to the ground in the wagging tail danger area. I have more bedrooms now that I live in Italy, but sadly not as many TFs on hand. No restrictions except for having money to buy them. New TFs here in Italy are wicked expensive. So the ones the navy exchange gets in sell very quickly. I just have to go every couple days to check the stock out. If I find one I want but have no money it goes into hiding. Right now there are 4 TFs in hiding. One universe Starscream, one beachcomber, brawn, one other I'm blanking on, and one nintendo DS lite. Sadly the new aniversary OP was too big to go into the hiding place.
Piranacon
Undersea Warrior

Post by Piranacon »

well i got my garage all sorted out and the toy ban has been lifted lol. but no i have to find more shelves lol

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

My wife thinks collecting Transformers is a big waste of time and money! I keep telling her it's a investment for the future retirement fund! (Man I'd really have a hard time letting my collection go!)

I hate having to buy these without her knowledge and then make sure I get to the post office before she does! Then I have to sneak them into the house and then sneak them out to one of my glass cases in the garage. Fortunely, there are so many, the new purchases just blend right into the Transformers woodwork! :D It's a real addiction for me!!
Ooh...the things we have to do for the love of Transformers! :cry: Until All Are One!!! :D
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
itsprimetime
Targetmaster

Post by itsprimetime »

I too can relate to toy restriction. As an unemployed 26 yr old whose main focus should be studying for my GMAT's or finding another job, I choose to instead spend part of my unemployment checks on this wonderful site. I have been yelled at countless times by mom, girlfriend, sister, etc. God bless you Trance. I can't wait for my shipment, should be here tomorrow or Saturday (hopefully!!). I've put myself on restriction until June or whenever I see something I really want or "need" to have. lol Lemme see some Sludges, Grimlocks (which I just saw he posted) or gawd forbid, a decepticreep.
Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost...
itsprimetime
Targetmaster

Post by itsprimetime »

Sentinel I've tried to use the retirement reason many a time, only to no avail. My problem is i'm not retiring anytime soon. =)
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Buy a couple of 'Cons!!! I thankfully don't have to worry about that anymore. I just buy them and store them until I get my own little Fortress Decepticon.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Itsprimetime - Good luck on the job search. What are you studying for? What are you majoring in?

I was able to smuggle in a package today while she was at work. Time to get rid of the evidence.

I worked into my cabinet 2 decepticon micromaster bases and their micrmasters, 4 micromasters or so, 5 action masters & 4 of their targetmasters/helpers, a minivehicle, and a jumpstarter. I do believe they will blend in with out her noticing. I am dead when the next two packages arrive.

:twisted: Toy restriction will not be happening today! :twisted:

Sorry if this is a double post. My last post disappeared.
Ironhide
Original Oldskool 'Bot

Post by Ironhide »

itsprimetime wrote:I've put myself on restriction until June or whenever I see something I really want or "need" to have.
I see a tiny flaw in your logic circuits primetime...! :P
Bless your heart, that really made me laugh!!! :lol:

I'm currently on a selfinduced restriction as I use my funds to feed the hungry bella in the garage as she's ill and needs new parts... :roll:
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Hey Ratchet! I can definitely relate to the smuggling in of transformers and I'm careful to open the package and getting rid of the empty packaging and the box it comes in before my wife gets home too! :wink:
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

I've had to restrict my self on account that I'm suppose to be moving to Oregon at some point...

I'm suppose to only spend $50 a month... I think ive spent 300 in the past 2. so i'm not quite successful at it... lol

I'm gonna have to crack down on myself though, cause I need to buy a car and insurance. Already got the car lined up just need to go get it.

I was suppose to have moved last October but we haven't been able to sell the property for 6 months.

We finally got a offer last week, but it wasn't enough to make the full move so me and my roommate still have to wait til we sale the other property before we can actually move!

So after April I'm probably gonna have to cut myself down to 20-50 dollars a month with no exceptions...I might as well get a doctors appointment to get some depression pills, may be the only way I'll survive...lol.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
itsprimetime
Targetmaster

Post by itsprimetime »

Ratchet-I haven't started studying for my GMAT's yet... I majored in finance as an undergrad, then preceded to get laid off last yr from my hedge fund..

Hound- I am happy I was able to make a fellow Autobot laugh. That's what good leaders are supposed to do. Now wheres Ironhide? It's time to go bust some Deceptichops!!
evilone
Powermaster

Post by evilone »

I use my funds to feed the hungry bella in the garage as she's ill and needs new parts...
ill send derrick round with his tool kit for ya :twisted:
Ironhide
Original Oldskool 'Bot

Post by Ironhide »

evilone wrote:
I use my funds to feed the hungry bella in the garage as she's ill and needs new parts...
ill send derrick round with his tool kit for ya :twisted:
I sure could use him, seems I now have an oil leak where the gearbox mates to the engine... :x
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

itsprimetime wrote:Now wheres Ironhide? It's time to go bust some Deceptichops!!
Bring it on!! LOL!!
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Catalyst Prime wrote:I've had to restrict my self on account that I'm suppose to be moving to Oregon at some point...

I'm suppose to only spend $50 a month... I think ive spent 300 in the past 2. so i'm not quite successful at it... lol

I'm gonna have to crack down on myself though, cause I need to buy a car and insurance. Already got the car lined up just need to go get it.

I was suppose to have moved last October but we haven't been able to sell the property for 6 months.

We finally got a offer last week, but it wasn't enough to make the full move so me and my roommate still have to wait til we sale the other property before we can actually move!

So after April I'm probably gonna have to cut myself down to 20-50 dollars a month with no exceptions...I might as well get a doctors appointment to get some depression pills, may be the only way I'll survive...lol.
Well I wish you well in your move. I guess i'll be the lone okie once again lol.
R.I.P. Menasor
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

what make of car is it hound ?
Ironhide
Original Oldskool 'Bot

Post by Ironhide »

Alfa GTV
Problem is it's bloody tight under there :wink:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Nice!