Deers!

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Time Traveller wrote:We also get deer. Lots of them. They're so tame, i almost hit one with a stick one day. They've eaten every living thing around our house nearly to death, and tomorrow I will be spending my day erecting fortifications around our entire house to keep them from finishing off the shrubs and bushes. I fear they'll start gnawing on the siding or the cars next...
Well, to get these deer to go away all you need to do is look at em funny and they bounce off. BTW, I know it's DEER not DEERS, I was just being goofy :P
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Computron wrote:The plural is deer, like fish. Fauna is the woods and bushes and stuff.
Ummm... no. I'm quite certain that Fauna is the animals. Flora is the "woods and bushes and stuff".
Ramjet
Aerial Lord Of Destruction

Post by Ramjet »

Time Traveller wrote:We also get deer. Lots of them. They're so tame, i almost hit one with a stick one day. They've eaten every living thing around our house nearly to death, and tomorrow I will be spending my day erecting fortifications around our entire house to keep them from finishing off the shrubs and bushes. I fear they'll start gnawing on the siding or the cars next...
If it were me, I would eat every living deer around my house. Mmmmm....jerky...... *beats deers to death with a stick, caveman style
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Wheezel wrote:
Computron wrote:The plural is deer, like fish. Fauna is the woods and bushes and stuff.
Ummm... no. I'm quite certain that Fauna is the animals. Flora is the "woods and bushes and stuff".
Wheezel is correct on this one.
Ironhide
Original Oldskool 'Bot

Post by Ironhide »

Is this how you feel about them TT? :lol:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

there wouldn't be enough left for venison!
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

venison is over rated anyway. :lol:

and if you want to get on to technical names

bovine
canine
feline

etc ..........
:P
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Hound wrote:
Is this how you feel about them TT? :lol:
DAAUGGGHH!!! *apprehensively loosens collar*
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!!!!
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

I need one for the hobo's digging through my trash.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
BDixonarts
Comic Colorist

Post by BDixonarts »

cool pics Trance, oh and I remember once having a baby Doe come up to me and put its nose on my hand, he couldn't of been very old cause once the doe smelt me, he fled, but it still was pretty cool.
sig art comes from the Charticon Print I colored. Line art is by Brian Shearer, inks by John Wycough and colors by me
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

i do that regularly but with cows not deer
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

Last year I was walking home from work, at 2am, and I say this fox in a field by the road, not more than 10 meters from the road. When he saw me he moved a couple meters more away and watched me pass.

After I passed by I just happened to look back and found him on the sidewalk not more than a meter away!
I slowly crouched down and pulled some jerky from my pocket(which I had got at the store earlier) and held out my hand...

It took about 5 minutes for him to decide to come close to me, he got almost within arms reach sniffing at my hand, then a car came whizzing by and he jumped back into the bushes.

Closest I had ever been to a fox before.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Wow... that fox must be quite used to being around humans.

During today's trip to a flea market we came across a bunch of reindeer, an elk and a grouse. I really wish they would stay away from the roads...
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

My wife smacked one with her car on our way back home from Louisiana, last night. Although she braked hard and barely hit it....busting a headlight and causing a "small dent" in the hood....the estimate from the body shop today was $2500! :shock: They want to replace areas of the car I didn't even know was damaged! The drivers side door apparently was struck with the deers head because the grass saliva is pasted on pretty thick. :lol: But I can barely see the microscopic "ping" left behind...oh well. Luckily I have full coverage and only have to pay a small deductible ($250). Hope I get a cool rental while it's being repaired :wink: I thought about putting this in the "Get It Off Your Chest Plate" area, but decided to post here instead.