What happens when your PM box is full?

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

What happens when your PM box is full?

Post by Banzai-Tron »

What happens when your PM box is full? If someone tries to send you a message, does the sender get notified?

I'm not sure what options phpBB has... if there's an option for "send the guy that habitually forgets to clean out his mailbox a message to let him know its full" option, it would be REALLY helpful! (or something similar. I tend to miss the little "100% full" dealie in the upper right!)
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

Mine was 100% full.. oops. All cleared now.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Even as a moderator, no one loves me enough to send me PM's.... :(

I will let you know when I get to 50% :P

Seriously, when did brown-nosing go out of style? :lol:

I think I remember once seeing a message about someone's box being full, but I might be imagining it....

If someone is close (or at least a lot closer than I am), I would be more than happy to spam their PM box as an experiment.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I'm not sure with phpbb 2. With the version 3, the default option is to make the new messages wait. However, it can be set to make the new ones push the older (so they get deleted).
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

My box is currently 88% full. It's been 100% full numerous times, for days at a time. (I rarely delete anything).

My oldest subject is Store'N stickers (so I know if it gets deleted). Spam away, UM!
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

eaches full capacity the poster will receive note that the receivers box is full, i've experienced it some times with other members
The past is the greatest teacher
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Okay, I sent 14.

I tested with TT sending to me 2 identical pm's to those I sent to you... each pm was 1 % of the total allotted space. (I think this is what you call the control....)

That being the case, if it were turning the last 2 away, I got no message to that effect...

It is now up to you, to give us your results, based on how many of the 14 you received.

Scientific minds want to know. :D
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Kup wrote:eaches full capacity the poster will receive note that the receivers box is full, i've experienced it some times with other members
Well, during the test I lost two items off the end of my message list as well. That explains why all of the *really* nifty things I'd been wanting to save have been disappearing.

Seriously now... If the system's only notifying the sender, and NOT the receiver. Can we disable this automatic erasing of the oldest messages? There's really not an option for the receiver to be notified? Somebody dropped the ball on usability in phpBB, lol!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

So, i just looked through all those settings i don't touch in the admin panel... I can't change who's notified of what, but i did crank up max inbox posts to 130 :P
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Banzai-Tron wrote:
Kup wrote:eaches full capacity the poster will receive note that the receivers box is full, i've experienced it some times with other members
Well, during the test I lost two items off the end of my message list as well. That explains why all of the *really* nifty things I'd been wanting to save have been disappearing.

Seriously now... If the system's only notifying the sender, and NOT the receiver. Can we disable this automatic erasing of the oldest messages? There's really not an option for the receiver to be notified? Somebody dropped the ball on usability in phpBB, lol!
If you have a really nifty link or something sent to you, there is the "Savedbox"

When you are reading a PM, there are two buttons on the bottom right of the text window...one for save, one for delete...

You hit Save, and that sends it to your save box......

You can access your save box at the top of your PM screen the options from left to right are Inbox, Sentbox, Outbox, and Savebox.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Thanks UM! I had *just* noticed those when I was trying to figure out how I went from 88% full to 67% full (didn't see TT's post yet, lol!).

I'll definitely be using that Saved Box from now on! Might even get my mailbox cleaned out some!
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Or just ask me to increase your quota <G>
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

If you can increase quota I'd really appreciate it. I've had to clean mine out more than once.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I just DID increase your quota by 30% (see above), unless you need more :P
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I seem to have scrolled right by that post. With that boost I've got over 30% empty space. That'll hold me for a while.
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

Of the 5 or 6 forums I've belonged to in my life I've never got even 50% full...

But then I tend to delete after reading. Unless I think I may forget about it or it pertains to an order.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Tell you what, Catalyst.

I am only at 25% now... after doing a purge about a year ago.

How about we just PM each other to make ourselves feel important. :lol:
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

LOL

By the way I like that picture in your sig. Is that from the Uk Comics?
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.