it's hot and humid as hell

Non-TF, non-toy related topics. Discuss movies, music, sports, etc.

Moderators: Kup, Ultra Magnus

Overlord
City Commander

it's hot and humid as hell

Post by Overlord »

This summer (at least here in new york) has been rainy like no other. Now the city unfailing gets extremely humid during the summer. Coupled with high population density and over-crowding on the subway...

...after going out I either come back home damp from driving rain, or damp from a thick layer of paste due to all the humidity.

Air conditioning: my only solace!
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Pfffff!!!!!!! New York ain't got nothing on the State of Texas, man! Try high humidity and 107 degree heat. No fun.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

The Last Autobot wrote:Pfffff!!!!!!! New York ain't got nothing on the State of Texas, man! Try high humidity and 107 degree heat. No fun.
Yeah, and how's that drought going?
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Here in Northeast Texas Panhandle...we've been missing out on the good rainfall as well!
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Hey, Overlord, I feel for you.

Texas may be hotter, but it isn't notorious for smelling of pee and garbage...

When it gets hot in New York, the smell is a whole different factor of suffering!
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

My part of Texas either smells of foul oderous oil finery gases or cow feed lots..when the wind blows the right direction! LOL!!
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Originally posted by SentinelPrime
Here in Northeast Texas Panhandle...we've been missing out on the good rainfall as well!
Here in North Central Texas, we've gotten rain the past 3 or 4 days, which is nice, until it gets super humid.....blegh!
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

We here in the Texas Panhandle aren't all that humid, just hot and dry! And alot of wind!
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

It's cooled down in Oklahoma the past week or so because of the rain, but for most of the summer it's been 105 plus and humid.
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

Here is southern Italy it hasn't rained in over a month. With the sea so close it is humid here too. The heat, I guess, I could liken to Florida during the day but it does cool more here at night. Then couple that with piles of garbage and it is wicked great. Then add the road side brush fires that no one bothers to put out. Then take into account someone gets tired of the trash piling up and sets that ablaze too. So not only is is hot, humid, slightly ashy, and dirty here, we then add to the mix that there are no electric plants here and the electricity if imported from France, which makes it wicked expensive. We don't use the little air conditioners except in one room, the bed room, and that is only at night. I can even add to this one, with all the feed lots (much smaller then ones in the heartland of course) of buffalo the smell is wicked great. Plus there doesn't need to be a wind from the right direction, the smell just migrates at night.Oh yeah we also have the threat of the worlds most dangerous volcano constantly looming.
Good luck on your whole hot and humid thing :wink:
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

^It's time you moved to a proper city
AstroTrain
Powermaster

Post by AstroTrain »

I feel your pain Overlord...I didn't know Maryland was a tropical locale until this year, and I've lived here all my 21 years of life! Damn its been ridiculous humid!

I went outside one day to grab my laptop out of my truck, 400 feet, came in and my socks were pasted to my feet. Just insane humidity for our area.
"In confusion, there is opportunity."
Image Want List
Sale List
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

What, I live near one of the biggest cities in Italy??? I have been to NYC and as cool as it is there it does stink there when it is hot and humid. Just so many people are there from so many different places.
I did see where a trash pile happened to be just yesterday. Today it was a black area with a few bags of smoldering/burning trash. Good times.
Astrotrain, I used to live in Maryland It wasn't too bad there. Though I lived within sight of the Bay across the Severn river from the Naval Academy.
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

Computron wrote:What, I live near one of the biggest cities in Italy??? I have been to NYC and as cool as it is there it does stink there when it is hot and humid. Just so many people are there from so many different places.
It doesn't smell here when it's hot and humid; that's a common mis-perception
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Overlord wrote:
Computron wrote:What, I live near one of the biggest cities in Italy??? I have been to NYC and as cool as it is there it does stink there when it is hot and humid. Just so many people are there from so many different places.
Nah, it is more one of those "You grow accustomed to it" things.

It is kinda like you never mind the smell of the stuff you are cooking, but that stuff your neighbor cooks just smells foul.

Trust me, NYC definitely has a smell year round, but the heat truly brings it out, in the summer time.*

* this is in no way meant as a jab at NYC.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

I concur UM. Thing is Overlord, My wife and I both love NYC and we have been there a few times, me more then her, but as you walk around it does have it's distinct smells. This was not meant to be a jab at NYC as UM said just what it is. Boston has it's scent issues as well. The "T" smells of gear oil there.
Overlord
City Commander

Post by Overlord »

Ultra Magnus wrote:
Overlord wrote:
Nah, it is more one of those "You grow accustomed to it" things.

It is kinda like you never mind the smell of the stuff you are cooking, but that stuff your neighbor cooks just smells foul.

Trust me, NYC definitely has a smell year round, but the heat truly brings it out, in the summer time.*

* this is in no way meant as a jab at NYC.
yeah, but trust ME, as a native new yorker, born and raised in manhattan, and having lived 4 years in another city, there is no smell. There are certain odors if you walk through certain areas/procedures going on, but that's not indicative of the city as a whole
Brawn
Powermaster

Post by Brawn »

living in Hershey, PA it either smells like chocolate or cow poop. depends on which way the wind blows. that aside it has been humid here the past few weeks but beautiful today.
AstroTrain
Powermaster

Post by AstroTrain »

Computron wrote: Astrotrain, I used to live in Maryland It wasn't too bad there. Though I lived within sight of the Bay across the Severn river from the Naval Academy.
Then you can understand...it hasn't been normal around here man. June was 75% rain and the other days its been about 85 with heat indexes pushing 110 because of the humidity!!! that aint maryland normal!
"In confusion, there is opportunity."
Image Want List
Sale List
Catalyst Prime
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Catalyst Prime »

It's cooled down quite abit in Stillwater, Oklahoma recently because of rain, we had a large storm last night with power outages over half the town.
But the Humidity is getting worse because of it. I just hope it dosn't start to rain when my order from here arrives...
All that was needed is a catalyst... and the machines of war are set in motion.

If at first you don't succeed, Destroy all evidence that you tried.