Mind-blowing Auctions!

Post want/sale/trades here, share an interesting website, or introduce yourself! No eBay links.

Moderator: Time Traveller

Wheeljack
Throttlebot

Post by Wheeljack »

Cliffjumper wrote:awwwwwwwww LOL :(
Well, let's just go in 50/50. Since I am in the US I can place the bid :)

wj
"Never do what your enemy expects you to do."
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Wow!! That's an impressive collection!
Hm... perhaps I could get a loan? :wink:
Kup
Autobot Security Chief

Post by Kup »

could happen if we all chip inn :lol:
The past is the greatest teacher
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

1) Said auction is sick.

2) Said auction makes my spidey sense tingle.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I've done some hammering through that list, and I think in this market, he's going to have a hard time getting what he's asking.

Also, there's a little misleading description going on. When he says he has two figures 100% complete to show both modes, the alt mode often doesn't have its own set of accessories.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Time Traveller wrote:I've done some hammering through that list, and I think in this market, he's going to have a hard time getting what he's asking.

Also, there's a little misleading description going on. When he says he has two figures 100% complete to show both modes, the alt mode often doesn't have its own set of accessories.
Unless they are in their own separate set of individually labelled baggies (or in the original empty boxes).
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I would think he'd always have a hard time getting that price. I how many collectors have that kind of cash And for those that do, how many would still need all that?

I wonder how many dealers could even be interested at that price, its a lot of cash based on a hand full of small pictures.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Ok, this isn't (as) mind blowing like the others posted.

I have been looking for a Blaze Master from the micromasters line forever. I can't find a complete one anywhere. Finally, I give in and buy one without the rotors from Trance (which by the way is fantastic).

Afterwards, I googled ebay any way for him, and well I thought this was nuts. The worst part is I am tempted to pay it - which is a complete waste and embarrassing.

$9.99 + shipping. This piece of plastic must weigh next to nothing and I can't see the sense of it. I don't understand it.

---
Edited for content. Sorry, hehe... forgot! :)
Last edited by Countdown on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Hey. No trouble here this time, but if you wouldn't mind checking out our new Ebay links policy in announcements (rules thread) before posting the next riduculous auction, i'd appreciate it.

Anywho: i like how he has a pickens plan link in the auction. Use your overpriced Blazemaster rotors to power a windmill for the pickens plan! :lol:
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

I hate to say this, but... I'm on the seller's side in this rotor's case, if everything you say is true.

Think about it... if you've been "looking forever" for a complete one, and haven't found it? It's probably fairly rare. Certainly more rare than, say, a Dinobot Sword, An Omega Supreme clip, or seeker missiles that people routinely pay $10 or more for.

In fact, I just went to buy it, since mine doesn't have one either. But I can't find it. So it's either listed weirdly, or someone's already purchased it (probably someone else here that agrees with me while you had the link posted, lol!.

If you decide that you REALLY don't want it, and can still find it, PM me the link!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Luckily, i've had my autobot air patrol since 1990, when i got it new at a k-mart, on a clearanced endcap, while mom looked in arts and crafts (don't ask me how i remember this little snippet. my memory works in strange ways).

However, I guess I'm with countdown on this one. When you think about seeker missiles and omega clips, you have to consider 2 things: character popularity and total value.

Practically EVERYONE wants a complete G1 starscream in their collection, and despite reissues, he's still not cheap. Omega is the same story, albeit his value took a bit more damage from the encore... Nevertheless, you'll not lay a finger on either of these, EVEN IF they are missing one clip or one missile, for less than $50.

Autobot Air patrol, however, might MAYBE touch $30 complete. Only big-time, typically completist collectors are searching for one. Is one heli rotor worth half of what four pretty cool micromaster jets are? Not even close, in my book. To me, this is one of those parts that probably shouldn't break the unwritten $5 mark. Also, I just cruised the bay myself, the part is still there, and that seller has a record of being way overpriced. ;)

EDIT: the whole patrol is auctioning from the UK at less than the cost of the rotor at the time of posting!
AstroTrain
Powermaster

Post by AstroTrain »

I wonder if you could use cash for clunkers towards the 50k auction...I mean it makes sense, all the toys use 0 fuel :)
"In confusion, there is opportunity."
Image Want List
Sale List
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

I can see your point TT, but the fact remains that the rotor alone is rare. And what good is a helicopter without it's rotor? LOL. If anything this is directly comparable to Vortex (though yes, again Vortex is more desirable... and a LOT more plentiful)

Personally, I have the values broken down as:
4 Micromasters @ 3.00 each = $12
Rotor = $10
Total Value for Set = $22

And I'm *still* not seeing this darn Blaze Master rotor auction.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

PETER IS GOD!Image
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Now see, that right there is just sad, Skywarp.

That poor USS Flagg has sunk and been entombed, before it ever even left the drydock.

One of these days, I vow to have $10k+ to burn to open a vintage holy grail item, just for the joy of seeing it in pristine condition.

I'll find the irony that the interior contents have STILL managed to degrade exquisite, of course. Especially since my widget invention will still be flying off the shelves ensuring I continually have money to burn.

And then, of course... I'll wake up.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Wow, some sellers take those AFA grades waaaay too seriously
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Well... first of all, we can assume he's willing to take less thank $18k.

Secondly, If someone was willing to pay $3k for THIS:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=1168

which is probably an AFA60 at best (I'm really not familiar with their grading, but it has water damage, a hole, etc). Hell, it might not even be gradeable as sealed.

I could definitely see a well to do man of means being willing to part with $12k or so for this particular Flag. This is, after all, the holy grail of holy grails for Joe collectors.

Have we EVER seen an AFA'ed 70+ Fortress Maximus go to auction? I'd be really curious to see what it'd go for!

EDIT: According to some posts on another board:
"AFA 85 Fort Max US went for $7,000.00 4 years ago.
MISB C-9 US Fort Max went for $8,000.00 1 year ago from a respected US Seller to Shanghai, China."

So that *probably* translates to roughly $12k 2 years ago, when we thought everything was fine... and about $6k in todays economy, LOL!

EDIT Part Deux: Anyone else see that "from a respected US Seller TO SHANGHAI, CHINA one, and immediately think: We're gonna see some knock-offs soon! God, I hope not. At least not accurate ones :(
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Woah! I don't think I will ever truly understand AFA-grading or the amount of money some people are willing to pay for certain items.

EVERYONE: Please remember that no eBay links are allowed (see forum rule #7)!
http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... php?t=3436
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me or any other administrator or moderator.
Thank you. :)
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

Banzai-Tron wrote: EDIT Part Deux: Anyone else see that "from a respected US Seller TO SHANGHAI, CHINA one, and immediately think: We're gonna see some knock-offs soon! God, I hope not. At least not accurate ones :(
No way that would be sweet. I'd get one. or Three.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

All i can say, is AFA got caught grading a zhong jin as original. I'm with Matt. their numbers really mean nothing to me, other than someone paid them a lot of $ to oodle it and then seal it up.